Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

New to healing, need class advice

Hello all, I'm at a crossroads. I've made the decision to leave my current progression based guild and will be rejoining a friends and family guild that I have known for years. However I have tanked pretty much exclusively since I started the game, with a bit of experience in druid healing from mid wrath to firelands. I've been asked to rejoin in a heals capacity as the tank slots are full, and that is not an issue for me, never had an issue switching game plays and styles whenever needed.

My issue however is I am so clueless on which one to pick. I have all except the monk at 90+. I need opinions on the styles of play, and standings of current healing wouldn't hurt either.

There is already a resto shammy and mw monk for heals, who will both be the main healers therefore when progression becomes easy I will switch to dps(should note the f+f guild is not mythic raiding).

Any tips? Advice?

I would also be really interested to see what peoples opinions are on this matter as i am in much the same situation

Deleted
    Druids are very strong at the moment together with holy priests. If you like the movability of the druid then go for that. Otherwise a priest is a good choice as well that benefits a lot from the new healing model of less bursty healing.

Deleted
    Hmm.. This hints to a "choose my class please" thread, but.

Holy priest is fun ATM, but that is my opinion.
    Play around with each of them, see what you like, then play it.
    we can't choose for you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope not looking for people to choose, just looking for some opinions on how they play. Been leaning towards druid since I have healed on a druid before, but I was hoping for info on all of the heal specs.

Deleted
    well.
    Druids: very mechanical, easy to play
    paladin: very encounter depending, on some encounters you can be the best and on some you will top.
    priests: well priests have always been on top healing but can be a bit difficult.
    monk: very fun to play, easy to understand, hard to master.
    won't mention other healers as i haven't played them for too long.

Druid healing is pretty faceroll easy right now. Keep up Lifebloom, spam Rejuv on everybody, win. That obviously won't be the case in raids because you can't spam Rejuv on 10+ players, but in heroics that seems to be working just fine for me. Once heroics come out it'll probably be more Wild Growth and less Rejuvs, but I guess we'll see.

I actually kind of like healing now, it's still harder than MoP where all you had to do was stand in the instance with the Ysera's Gift talent and you basically couldn't lose, but it's not so hard that I have to pay attention. And if there's 1 thing I hate in 5 mans it's paying attention.

I think raids will be pretty fun on the Druid, but obviously won't know for a couple weeks. But Druids also have Boomkin offspecs, and Boomkins are kind pretty strong right now as well, so that's always a plus. Then again, Spriests are good too. I'll be leveling a Priest next, and I think Priest will be more fun, but Druid isn't bad by any means, just a lot of running around spamming the same 3 instant cast HoTs (Lifebloom, Rejuv, Cenarion Ward)

I am not really in a position to answer since my main is a hunter, but I'll tell you anyway. Of all my healer alts (and I have them all) I enjoy my disc priest the most. It's easy to macro the dos abilities to hotkeys without swapping targets and it just feels great to play it. Other than that I agree with the others that druid is a lot of fun. Good luck