Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Chicken and pork is a nono raw. Fish and beef is sorta fine

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Stupidest thing ive read all week.
    Not even Diddle's worst. Jaylock and Salandrin must be banned or something.

I love raw meat if I know it is 100% safe and healthy. I love love sashimi and very red steak.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what. Sushi grade fish has to be flash frozen on spot, this doesn't mean the fish will taste good or bad, just that it can be consumed as raw. This reduces chance of things going wrong and some parasites / bacterias are not present in sea food.
    Where you get the meat also will matter. Nowadays the butchers are a lot more clean and the method of raising the animals are a lot more clean. This leads to less contamination issues. Not taking care of the meat or if it expires also doesn't matter at that point. Rotten meat will be bad regardless of how you cook it.

Dead shellfish tends to accumulate toxins and such very quickly, which is why when picking you should poke em a bit and see if they close up or react a bit. If they don't, don't take it. Similarly if you cook it and they don't open up, discard it.

This isn't 60 years ago where these issues were more prevalent.

Yeah, you eat raw oysters and you're inviting trouble, they're like heaven for bacteria and toxins.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Yeah, you eat raw oysters and you're inviting trouble, they're like heaven for bacteria and toxins.
    Technically everything has bacteria and toxins in it, your stomach needs to hit the gym brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oysters are the more common to be eaten raw shellfish. It depends on where you get them and whether they're properly purged. If you're going to get them in a very polluted area, of course it'll be bad. I wouldn't eat these even if they were cooked. Farmed shellfish in controlled environments are a lot better and very safe.

Deleted
    Only sea food.
    Uncooked Chicken/Turkey/Veal/Pork meat is just disgusting to eat and hard to digest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Technically everything has bacteria and toxins in it, your stomach needs to hit the gym brah.
    Yeah... doesn't work like that. Your body doesn't build up immunity to toxins and bacterias like that, if at all.

That said, if I was eating more or less raw meat, it'd generally be lamb, beef, and fish. Chicken (and other variants) and pork not cooked tends to taste very weird to me.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-11-21 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    OP, you are full of shit. You don't eat raw meat, you never liked or probably even tried it so stop making BS posts. Every single one of your threads is nothing but useless bullcrap or flamebaiting.

Infract me if you like, but OP would have either been dead or been living in his bathroom if he actually ate raw meat.
    Calm down, it's really not that rare for people to do this, fresh meat from chicken and pork is no where near as dangerous.

I just ate raw beef strips last night, sorry to disappoint you. Getting sick from raw meat is not a rule, your body is quite adept at dealing with most bacteria.

Meat is cooked not just for the taste but to kill the many germs and bacteria present on it.
    Salmonella is far from the being the only or the worst you could take from raw meat.

Only meat that can be eaten raw is fish.
    Fish and seafood, if looked after properly
    Some game, in particular venison and similar meats (reindeer, moose)
    Beef can be eaten raw if freshly ground (steak tartare) and some cuts are tender enough to eat as carpaccio.

Basically everything else should be cooked through.

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down, it's really not that rare for people to do this, fresh meat from chicken and pork is no where near as dangerous.

I just ate raw beef strips last night, sorry to disappoint you. Getting sick from raw meat is not a rule, your body is quite adept at dealing with most bacteria.
    It isn't the bacteria that are the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It isn't the bacteria that are the real problem.
    What's the problem then? I imagine tapeworms and the like would come from some low-quality meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post
    Lies. This guy doesn't eat raw meat, otherwise he would be dead or seriously ill right about now.

Don't let yourselves get trolled.
    Doesn't have to be trolling. I know a guy from the UK that eats his meat raw too, it's really foul to look at tbh lol. But hey, if that's how people like to eat....

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem then? I imagine tapeworms and the like would come from some low-quality meat.
    Not really. Parasites can come in even in the most controlled of environments. It's less likely and the chances are very negligible, but it is a potential. Like machinery, once in a while you can get a defect in one of a thousand.
    It is also very easily possible to get tapeworm from just drinking water. It was (maybe still is) an issue in some areas in Asia.

you would be suprised actually. still Toxins and parasites aren't really just something you "get immune too" and raw chicken and pork tend to be full of them.even if you get it locally sourced and checked out.

Raw pork and raw chicken is a big nono ... and like many people here said, raw beef if you know the quality and even then ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare steak and sushi like most people. I don't really touch anything else

Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    Raw pork and raw chicken is a big nono ... and like many people here said, raw beef if you know the quality and even then ...
    Can anyone here explain to me why chicken and pork is so much more risky when raw than beef and seafood? (Don't feel like googling it )

I always thought it was just a matter of raising them that leads to the problems and that chicken and pigs tend to be raised in relatively poorer conditions.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are flipping a coin and your rng is plain lucky.

I would stop already... raw pork mean, honestly? do you want to die or what ?

Deleted
    Had a slightly undecooked bit of chicken once. The food poisoning was not pleasant. Stomach turning inside out and an African water supply spraying out the trap is something I never wish to experience again.