Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you're desperate i guess

i'd rather be a hobo suckin dick on the corner for tips than drive that... that thing lol

but make sure there is a warranty on it... a maintenance report can look good and that's all fine and dandy, but it won't stop your car from shitting out on you 1 month later. the first car i ever bought was a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM. Cylinders were fried in less than a month. Dealer wouldn't do a goddamn thing, car didn't have a warranty and was sold as is and as much as it'd cost to fix I was better off buying a new car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

i'd rather be a hobo suckin dick on the corner for tips than drive that... that thing lol

but make sure there is a warranty on it... a maintenance report can look good and that's all fine and dandy, but it won't stop your car from shitting out on you 1 month later. the first car i ever bought was a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM. Cylinders were fried in less than a month. Dealer wouldn't do a goddamn thing, car didn't have a warranty and was sold as is and as much as it'd cost to fix I was better off buying a new car.
    Eh, your car shitting out on you shortly after buying it isn't as big a deal when you're only spending ~$1500 for it. Hell, even just selling it for salvage after it craps out could get you a third of your money back, if not more. And more than likely it'll last at least a year.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Eh, your car shitting out on you shortly after buying it isn't as big a deal when you're only spending ~$1500 for it. Hell, even just selling it for salvage after it craps out could get you a third of your money back, if not more. And more than likely it'll last at least a year.
    He bought an american car.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I'd never buy a car with more then 100k on it.

You COULD get lucky.

Or you COULD get a pile of junk that'll break in 50k miles.

The car's too old imho.

It's good you have maintenance history.
    It's a Civic what could go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a civic so your best bet is to get carfax look at the car and test drive it and look for EVERY sign of something broken. 9/10 times civics are bought by teenage ricer kids and they try to race and rice these things out. they try to sell em off once they come to their senses or the cars pretty fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

1250 euro cars rarely come with a warranty. The warranty is the technical check im getting before buying it.
    Good luck suckin dick, i guess thatll get u back the money u wasted on an american car and remember: Quality goes before Quantity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    it's a civic so your best bet is to get carfax look at the car and test drive it and look for EVERY sign of something broken. 9/10 times civics are bought by teenage ricer kids and they try to race and rice these things out. they try to sell em off once they come to their senses or the cars pretty fucked up.
    It belonged to a woman whos brother was a mechanic.

I'd never buy a car with more then 100k on it.
    Also this: http://jalopnik.com/5885287/how-i-pu...ust-five-years
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-11-22 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Just wondering why you choose an asian car. I know in America foreign cars end up cost more for maintenance since the parts are harder to get.
    His measurements are in KM the car in the picture has a European plate so I would assume it's not America.

Do you guys have smog checks there?. Those are the real killers of cars, don't pass a smog check and the car goes to the junkyard here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, so my father is pretty mechanically inclined ( he knows a lot about cars ). He would recommend a car like a Civic. I live by it too. Also for Acura Integra's. They are both solid cars to buy. And so is that car you found. BTW, those models have higher insurance costs than most cars because they are near the top of the list for most stolen vehicles. Just saying. The miles are fine too.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2014-11-23 at 05:16 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Looking at the internet, these babies can run for 800,000 miles with a bit of luck.
    You're looking at the wrong part of the internet, then. For that to even be possible, it would require 50k miles per year since purchase, who drives that much in a consumer car?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure someone is fudging numbers there, driving an average of 410 miles per day, 7 days a week is insane. That would easily be 12+ hours in a car EVERY day of the week, no breaks.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I used to own an 04 civic and used it for a year, the engine in that 98 is bulletproof and will rarely cause trouble. If it is manual transmission make sure the clutch is ok, if automatic make sure a mechanic checks it as it would be the biggest cost after cooling systems.

They wont do 800k kms but when i sold mine it was at 200k and barely had any problems. Also the price seems reasonably fine and from the look of the picture looks clean. Make sure the km is not tempered you got yourself a deal.

Also remember you wont get anything better for that price and you can ALWAYS sell it for the price you paid even after a few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You're looking at the wrong part of the internet, then. For that to even be possible, it would require 50k miles per year since purchase, who drives that much in a consumer car?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure someone is fudging numbers there, driving an average of 410 miles per day, 7 days a week is insane. That would easily be 12+ hours in a car EVERY day of the week, no breaks.
    Everyone with an accountmanager job or the likes that has to travel. My mom for instance travels 400km a day easily since shes required all over the country. 5x400 is 2000 a week, 100k a year. Its not that much.

There´s plenty of people who made that. This guy actually managed to get a million, he was honored because of it by hollands biggest car magazine. Id link u the article but its in Dutch so i doubt it does anyhing for you. Ofcourse its not on the same engine, and it has its fair share of replacements, but 1000,000, thats a solid car.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-11-23 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Idk, so my father is pretty mechanically inclined ( he knows a lot about cars ). He would recommend a car like a Civic. I live by it too. Also for Acura Integra's. They are both solid cars to buy. And so is that car you found. BTW, those models have higher insurance costs than most cars because they are near the top of the list for most stolen vehicles. Just saying. The miles are fine too.
    It's only a 1500 Euro car - even just two years of semi-comprehensive insurance will cost more than the car did (especially as it's a "first car"). I wouldn't bother with more than the third-party insurance (which is compulsory here) for a car that costs less than 5k.

Everyone with an accountmanager job or the likes that has to travel. My mom for instance travels 400km a day easily since shes required all over the country. 5x400 is 2000 a week, 100k a year. Its not that much.

There´s plenty of people who made that. This guy actually managed to get a million, he was honored because of it by hollands biggest car magazine. Id link u the article but its in Dutch so i doubt it does anyhing for you. Ofcourse its not on the same engine, and it has its fair share of replacements, but 1000,000, thats a solid car.
    Kilometers aren't interchangeable with miles.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    So the car went to the technical check. Not too many things, just some little stuff.

Theres a small hole in the LPG Converter that needs to be fixed
    2 breakhoses need replacement.

Including small job (oil filter, oil refreshing) and the yearly MOT test im up to aproximately 250 bucks.
    So 1500 in total.

Still a good deal?

Hole in a LPG converter is not good, not safe at all, its just me but i dont trust LPG at all.

Kilometers aren't interchangeable with miles.
    Same distance traveled, do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you're fudging numbers there. Went to London the other day on a coach, 151 miles each way and the traveling bits took all of 6 and a half hours, again on a coach so not exactly the speediest of vehicles so how another 108 miles is going to almost double that time I don't know

Deleted
    Where are you getting spare parts from dealership? I know because there is one near where i live, that there are some car breaker/scrap yards that sell parts cheap.

As someone already said if parts for your car are cheap just get third party insurance,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Pretty sure you're fudging numbers there. Went to London the other day on a coach, 151 miles each way and the traveling bits took all of 6 and a half hours, again on a coach so not exactly the speediest of vehicles so how another 108 miles is going to almost double that time I don't know
    410 miles at 75 miles per hour is about 5.5 hours. Add 45 minutes for meals, bathroom breaks, etc, and it's 6:15 per day. Not pleasant, but certainly not 12+ hours per day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!