10+ Year Old Account

Terrific Technology bug

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9527

I tried submitting a ticket but their system seems to be down, so, I'm wondering if I'm being incredibly dense or I broke it.

I made an enchanting building first, then demolished it for the Goblin Workshop. Now, I don't remember if I went to the goblin workshop when it was level one or went straight to level 2 with it (i imagine i probably went into it, you do have to finalise it after all). Upon searching for how to upgrade it to level 3 though, I find out I was supposed to have been given a quest to unlock the inventions at the workshop, but I've not been given that quest and can't find any of the inventions anywhere, so look completely unable to unlock the third tier of the building.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how to fix it (aside from ticketing, which i can't do right now), the only other solution I can think of is destroy the building for another small one, then rebuild the engineering works and (hopefully) grab the quest from the level 1 building. Something I'd rather now do, it would take a few hours and a bunch of resources I can't afford to waste.

TL:DR - can't get inventions, seems to be broken

The Goblin Workshop is a large building, not a small. The small building is the Engineering Works. It doesn't have anything to do with Terrific Technology. In the Workshop, once you have access to the inventions they are lootable objects on a workbench on the building's right side. At least, that's where they are in the Horde version.

On a related note, the Workshop is seriously underrated. Sticky Bombs will ruin large groups of mobs and are usable in dungeons. The Skyterror is probably the best item the game has ever had. It's going to be the first large building I upgrade, once I get the resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha, I knew I was being a mong. Thanks for pointing it out. Stupid names of stupid buildings. OK, so I need 250 work orders, got 131 so far, but just levelled some more toons to 92, so that should speed it up.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the title seems fitting.
    It has been weeks since i built the gnomish siegeworks (lvl 2), and i havent gotten a single prototype motorcycle yet. Really bad RNG or is it bugged ?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the title seems fitting.
    It has been weeks since i built the gnomish siegeworks (lvl 2), and i havent gotten a single prototype motorcycle yet. Really bad RNG or is it bugged ?
    Motorcycle seems rare, I've gotten it once in total and I built the gearworks on day 2 of the expansion. Foolish me only used it 40/50 times though so that all I'm missing for the achievement, yet it refuses to show up.

On the other side of the coin - NUKULAR target painter appears literally 3-4 times a week and requires only 5 uses.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Motorcycle seems rare, I've gotten it once in total and I built the gearworks on day 2 of the expansion. Foolish me only used it 40/50 times though so that all I'm missing for the achievement, yet it refuses to show up.

On the other side of the coin - NUKULAR target painter appears literally 3-4 times a week and requires only 5 uses.
    I seem to always have a NUKULAR available for some reason, plus one other invention. On the downside, it has an hour long CD.

Yeah, every day I have a nuke waiting for me in my level 2 shop. Some days it's just the nuke. In achievement progress I'm still missing the chopper and the power gauntlet.

On a related note, they really ought to give the power gauntlet a third function for melees who need to open from stealth.

Deleted
    I've had the GW for over a month and have yet to see the Motorcycle. On the other hand, I see NUKULAR missile every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm to me they seem to cycle more than rng deciding which is up that day.

for what ever reason i did the same as Vakna with the chopper (30/50), gauntlet (10/50) and the skyterror (4/5) when i got them the first time or two. When i realized how close i was to completing that achieve to unlock the 3rd tier, they did seem to appear in the same order as i listed them above, except one day between the gauntlet and skyterror i had just the nuke.

while it seems (and was) incredibly tedious to do, the gauntlet can be used on the dummys by the tower out back. 2 min cd on it just fucking sucks.

also, yes, it does seem like the nuke is always available (as long as u dont have one on u) and 1 of the days is just the nuke (so looks like u dont get anything if you got one on you already).

There seems to be some sort of bug relating to having logged out in your garrison and when the two daily resets (daily quests and daily dungeons) happen, or whenever the cycling occurs. Happens with the rotation of inn quests and apexis quests too.

Try never logging out in your garrison, and try also never idling inside your garrison in the earlier half of the day unless you really need to.

I had a engineer workshop and replaced it, now I build it again and are lv 3, but I have no spawns at all, and did not get the quest this time. So I think my workshop is bugged or any have any experience with this. My second day now and just the usual click nothing happens telescope , mine and bomb there. Also have a follower there.

I did the quest back at start before I replaced my workshop, but now when I have it back up nothing spawns, anyone care sharing some experience on this? I would love to do this achievement terrific technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahsou View Post
    I had a engineer workshop and replaced it, now I build it again and are lv 3, but I have no spawns at all, and did not get the quest this time. So I think my workshop is bugged or any have any experience with this. My second day now and just the usual click nothing happens telescope , mine and bomb there. Also have a follower there.

I did the quest back at start before I replaced my workshop, but now when I have it back up nothing spawns, anyone care sharing some experience on this? I would love to do this achievement terrific technology.
    Just to be clear, as noted above, you can't do this with the Engineer profession building (a small building). You need the Gnomish Gearworks, I think it's called (for Alliance, probably Goblin something for Horde). It's a large building.

You will get one random invention a day to loot on the work bench. When you have it in your inventory, you can't loot a second one. They last 24 hours of in-game time (at least it was back when I did the achievement), so you can basically keep using it on cooldown, then get another the same day to use up the items you need for the achievement.

What invention spawns per day is random. You may not see a certain invention for weeks, or you may see it non-stop. If you got an invention and its in your bags the next day, if that day's invention is the same one, you won't see anything (i.e. If you picked up the power gauntlet on Monday, and its in your bags on Tuesday and you see nothing in the Gearworks, it means it's the power gauntlet again. Deleting your current one would make another one spawn to pick up). Its all about persistence.

Finally, I encountered the odd visual glitch where I would have no invention in my bag and didn't see one in the hut. If you run out of your garrison into Shadowmoon Valley (or Frostfire Ridge for Horde) and then back into the garrison so it loads you back into the instance, it should spawn and be normal again.