Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm having a lot of fun in it

Deleted
    Got bored after the first one. It's just a mess. I never did it back in vanilla but honestly, I don't really care. I doubt it was much better. I think Preach put it well in one of his retrospectives on vanilla, people only did it because there was nothing else. As soon as BGs were online, everyone stopped doing them instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the BG, they need to keep it. All the QQers are PvE players who just want the achievement and hate PvP anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. I did it once to get my FOS and title, and I never want to go back in again.

I like OBJECTIVE based battlegrounds, not Deathmatch. If I wanted Deathmatch I'd go pick up Doom or Quake, or Arenas
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I did it just for the title which I got my first(and only) run of it. While it was very much reminiscent of Vanilla's SS vs. TM battles it was pretty boring and probably won't go back in.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Hmmm... no objectives, graveyard camping, more points for higher ranked kills, no rewards...

sounds exactly like the real Tarren Mill vs Southshore in Vanilla
    We said we wanted it back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Got bored after the first one. It's just a mess. I never did it back in vanilla but honestly, I don't really care. I doubt it was much better. I think Preach put it well in one of his retrospectives on vanilla, people only did it because there was nothing else. As soon as BGs were online, everyone stopped doing them instantly.
    This simply isn't true, I play on private Vanilla server occasionally and the BG and what happened in Vanilla is completely different. It's random, completely fucking random. You hear about a big battle that just somehow broke out somewhere in the World through a guildie or a friend and people migrate towards there. There's no fucking objective, we did it because it was fun and it wasn't for any fucking reward. If you're telling me that something has to have a reward for doing it then you have to think again. It's fun when it's a spontaneous thing, you never know when it happens and when it does you just go there to fuck around and kill shit.

There's no objective just fun.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    1) It died before there were battlegroups. Good job at proving you weren't even around then.
    2) No, it's not a lie.

If they enjoyed it it wouldn't have fucking died.
    Firstly, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ievement#15234

Secondly, sure it's a matter of opinion whether you enjoyed it or not but I'm not going to sit here and pretend WPVP died off on Al'akir and many other high pop servers when they implemented WSG and the other BGs. I'll readily admit after 1.12 it wasn't as popular but it never died for my server not until TBC.

At peak times there was WPVP to be found in EPL, Hillsbrad foothills, Ganklethorn vale, Blackrock mountain and occasionally silithus. The zones were -not- dead, the battles weren't the entire server sure but I can hardly see how 20-30 people (which is the size of y'know a BG) fighting in a zone doesn't equate to WPVP.

Getting uppity with me and swearing doesn't really change that tbh, but w/e dude keep cherry picking and throwing around that rage I'll just sit here and cringe. I guess I could always link to WPVP vids like Zalgradis' 1.12 vid lol? Jamaz? Chipman? Perkulator? HappyMinti? Grim? Or some of Vurtnes?

Edited: Didn't see he was banned.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-11-28 at 04:12 AM.

Its just nice to see that theres still a few people left who remember what fun world pvp used to be. I mean world pvp, not all these half assed attempts of blizzard to put some objectives into the world that noone cared about. Remember those Auchindoun towers, or the ones in plaguelands or the dope swamps? LOL... I still remember how much hope most of our guild had when they announced that they would add better world pvp incentives.

Also, whats with all those ppl recently that only seem to play for collecting achievements that noone outside of yourself actually cares about anyways? And especially in the case of "I just went there and picked it up". Why even do it in the first place? Its completely meaningless, EVEN for yourself Guess I am just a dying breed, whatever good or bad that means...