Deleted

Video Cameras for Landscape Shooting?

I apologise if this is in the wrong section, and I also apologise for my ignorance as a result of being new to this, but I'm looking for a decent budget video camera (camcorder?)

One of my hobbies is recording ambient landscape scenes (on a terrible camera). However, I'm looking to get into this a bit more and I have £225 to spend. I know it's not much for a really good camera, but surely this money can replace the crap camera I have at the moment.

I'm more interested in taking high quality videos and sound than standalone photos. Is it possible with this budget to buy a camera of decent quality that can do this? It doesn't have to be amazing, just something that is generally considered to be good at what it does for the price range.

So that's decent/good video quality (preferably not the standard 1280x720 resolution, but something higher, maybe even 1920x1080?) Something with decent sound too? My current camera's video isn't great because when I zoom in it makes shutter noises and the sound sucks. I realise that for a proper set up you're supposed to at least use a dedicated mic, but again I only have £225 to spend.

I've been looking at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-HC...s=video+camera

However most of the specs mean nothing to me. Is this a good starter camera?

Does anyone have a guide to video cameras and sound? I essentially just want to set the camera up on a tripod and record panning shots, nothing too complicated for now. I just want better quality and sound.

Again, I apologise for the lack of direction in what I'm asking. I'm new to this. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump

/10chars
    Last edited by mmoc37b524a896; 2014-11-22 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    I'm also slightly interested in this. I'm not sure, but I think you might have more luck posting in computer.