Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roblina View Post
    You think someone farming for millions of hours deserves an item less than someone who took a couple of hours on some boss? I'd say they deserve something a whole lot more for the vastly greater time spent tbh.
    I just want to point out that one million hours is equivalent to 114 years.

Carry on, nothing wrong at all with your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA.

WoW is an e-sport!?

What good is fake money if you can't spend it on fake stuff?

People really care who the "best geared in the world" is? Some people just have way too much free time...

Deleted
    Duped gold being taken out of the economy is a good thing, and someone who buys gear from BMAH wont be the best geared in the world for long.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with this it helps remove a small portion of the insane amounts of gold held in the game right now. They really should have increased the price cap to 9,999,999 as everything hits cap so soon

I think it's good that several million gold disappears from the realm economy every day. Helps keep the inflation down. Besides, the gear is useless in PvP and in PvE it's one of 15-16 items on one character, in a 20-man raid. The so called edge they get from it is not noticeable for the raid DPS really.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaug View Post
    I hope they put the challenge mode transmog items on there. It will make so many people rage.
    Why? Majority of people bought a CM carry for theirs anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly don't blame people for buying items available to them, and if i had several gold capped toons I'd do the same, however, whether or not mythic items should be on the bmah before its even released is another question, i dont think they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let those idiots waste their money on gear that will be outdated in the next tier. It doesn't effect anyone but them.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Why? Majority of people bought a CM carry for theirs anyway.
    or some people sell them :P

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    This happens in light of the fact gold buying or farming with illegitimate means is rampart in this game.

Now those players have in terms of gear the best advantage in the world without even proving it.

Isn't this kind of extreme gearing-up a violation of any e-sports ethic?
    Who specifically are you accusing of buying mythic gear from the BMAH with illegitimate gold? Hitting gold cap is not something only gold buyers and botters can do.. Many guilds stock up multiple gold capped toons via heroic/mythic carries from t16 to be able to afford mythic BMAH gear for t17 pre-raid.

Also, the chance of a mythic piece showing up on the BMAH is low. The chance of a mythic piece that you can use showing up is lower (since they are BoP). There's also a chance another player will gold cap bid it before you get a chance to. Please link an armory of any player using BMAH mythic gear with botted gold, otherwise I'm not sure what 'illegitimate advantage' you are referring to is and why you are accusing people in the first place.

I'm not a huge fan of being able to purchase the best gear in the game without completing its associated content, but I'm not the kind of person who gets upset that somebody else has a better toy than I do. I worry about myself and my own progression, not how fast other people manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I'm glad to hear this, will pull a good amount of gold out of the economy. Just as intended.

So let me get this straight:

I have a lot of gold. I choose to buy a mythic item off the BMAH for a lot of gold. I will be raiding mythic in 3 weeks regardless of that item or not. And somehow this is a problem? Are you kidding me? Talk about scraping the bottom of the things to complain about barrel.

I just wish there was more crap on the BMAH for people to spend their gold on.

I spent majority of the end of MoP boosting people, that's where my money came from, on top of that I was "playing" the Auction House as usual. That's where I got my money from, I EARNED it, I can damn well buy whatever I want with it. Not to mention that WoW is not an E-Sport.

Deleted
    Please show me the players that are full Mythic geared from the BMAH.

No really, please show me.

Still waiting...

The truth is that there are some people who will do literally anything to win in a game like this. That type of attitude is part of the reason why the world in general often sucks so much, lots of people engaging in the race to the bottom of the barrel. I suppose some would say that it is merely having passion for whatever it is you are doing, yet I believe part of it also comes from the ego which is driven by the need to constantly reaffirm itself. Perhaps this is also why so much of our modern entertainment involves ridiculous power fantasies.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I EARNED it, I can damn well buy whatever I want with it. Not to mention that WoW is not an E-Sport.

I rest my case. Nobody gives a crap you have gold (I also have tons). The fact of the matter is, this system of getting gear with gold before even entering a single wod raid, is a pure abuse and violation of e-sports ethics.

And if you want to violate wow's raiding by pissing on it with phrases like "it's not remotely an e-sport", please stop playing raiding.

Please stop playing raiding, because if it's only a means to show off gold making, I suggest playing dress-up or something.

The world first race has only 1 rule.
    Kill the boss, first.
    One ethic - don't use exploits to get your kills.

There's no agreement on where the loot can come from, how one can get it, etc. This is a legitimate way of getting gear that all top-tier guilds have equal access to. It's another part of the game.