Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The G600 and Naga are amazing. I like the G600 over the Naga but thats because my big hand fits more comfortably on it. As a hunter it improves strafing and casting shots, now i dont have to jump when i need to hit a different button. Also having your push to talk button macro'd on the bottom right(back) side button is very convenient. Although i do find myself only macro-ing the 1st 3rows to anything combat related and the back 3 being ground mount, pvp trinket and P2T button. I was talking to my roommate who also uses one and when he visited a friend who didnt have one he said it was terrible and he never realized how much of a convenience having side buttons are. So yea IMO you should get one if you can.

Deleted
    It's not important at all in MMO games. You can go with 10$ mouse. It's not like you need a good sensor in this game.

Remember to save receipt if you buy Razer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Going to need to replace my Logitech G5 mouse - been using it for quite a long while now and has done me well. But now it's precision is kind of lost, moving slowly it's got 'sticky' movement to it.

Awful for FPS games with it's wear.
    I have the G5 and I love it. But yeah, it's getting pretty elderly now, I really need to replace it

It did make a huge difference for me, for a specific reason that I'll explain:

I'm right-handed. I can't activate abilities (i.e. the class abilities, rotation and so on) with my left hand. I don't know why, I've tried it countless times, I just can't do it. It feels so wrong, my brain is just wired against it somehow. So the traditional, left hand on keyboard to press the abilities, right hand on the mouse to move, model never worked for me.

So for the first 2 years playing WoW, I was a clicker. I moved with wasd+qe and also a bit with the mouse, and I had to manually hover my mouse cursor over my abilities and click them, if I wanted to use them. Surprisingly, I wasn't doing too horrible with this model, usually above average in dungeons. I even regularly healed that way but yeah, of course, it wasn't ideal.

So then I bought a Logitech G600, and simply bound my 12 most important abilities to the special mouse buttons. I do this for every spec. Abilities that didn't make it into the "hot 12", like those with a very long CD or ones that I only use very occasionally, I still click, but I don't feel that impedes my gameplay much at all.

So now, I use the keyboard only for strafing and jumping, and use the mouse for literally everything else. And most importantly, I activate my abilities with my right hand my reactions are of course a lot quicker now than back when I was a clicker.

Also, about the G600: I can only highly recommend it. I've bought it August 2012, and I can't count the number of times I've dropped it since then, often thinking "oh god, I just killed my mouse". Nope. It's still working just as fine as day 1. Pretty indestructible and the buttons are nice, the glow looks pretty ... the only thing i'd complain about is how high the mouse is, arching my hand in a pretty uncomfortable way. I have very tiny hands though. At least I can use this mouse, there are many other gaming mice I've tried that I couldn't even use properly with my small hands.

Oh, and I got the white model, and it still looks perfectly white and clean, even though I put my hands on it every day, often after I've applied hand lotion or something. I expected it to look dirty after a while, but no, after 2,5 years and multiple times taking it on trips and travels, still white
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-11-23 at 11:41 AM.

Nope I play with an xbox 360 controller and heal at a very high lvl and rank in high top percentiles as a mistweaver monk. When I tell people I play with an xbox controller they can't believe it. I'm a very good gamer yes, so I'd probably be one of the best with a mouse and keyboard, but I don't want to be the best and prefer a comfortable familiar controller.

Thanks for all the input. Based on the replies I decided to go with the G600 since I need a new mouse anyway.

Deleted
    Nah, you don't really need a great gaming mouse. It's just a helpful thing you can have on the side if you feel like splashing some money. I bought a naga nearly 5 years ago and I still have it, still works. I mean, the scroll wheel click doesn't work at all and sometimes the sensor goes crazy, but for the most part it's workable.

I have maybe 5 abilities bound to it that I use infrequently, such as Recuperate, Stealth, auto run and a mount macro. I find using a keyboard is a lot more effective overall. With the ability pruning I don't use all the keybinds I laid myself out, so I really don't even see how people need to bind stuff to their mouse. 1-6, shift 1-6, and an assortment of keys around wasd with shift binds should be more than enough for every spec in any PvE environment. If you add control modifiers you could easily cover arena targeting and focus macros.

What type of mouse you use doesnt matter at all.

People who say that you need a Naga etc dont know what they are talking about.

You can have the worst mouse ever and still be gladiator, just saying. WoW is not a game that relies on mouse all that much.

Competitive FPS games benefit greatly from having a proper sensor but that's pretty much it, most of the hype around gaming mice is marketing and personal preferences.
    Last edited by Thes; 2014-11-24 at 01:36 AM.

I was the second best (first best Horde) hunter on my entire server, and all I used was a few keybinds for my main rotation. No fancy mouse; no shift# binds. Just keys 5-0.

Someone is probably going to say something like, "Imagine how much better you'd be if you DID use a gaming mouse!" Well, probably not very. It's just not necessary for some people.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Razer Naga and I love it. I do not think that it is necessary, but I would strongly recommend it. The mouse coupled with the addon has made the game much more enjoyable for me.

After playing Holy Priest for a while ( a class with a LOT of spells ) I found that the razer naga drastically improved my gameplay. Surely it can be done and done well without the mouse, but for me, I'm an advocate.

Have a razer Naga and I cant imagine the game without it. It takes a while first as it feels weird, but when you get accostomed it's easy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what about the special wow mice? the legendary edition?

I wouldn't ever play without a Naga. Ever.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Deleted
    Atm you don't even need a Naga or G600 for Wow, because of the ability pruning.

I used to use the G600 for my Hunter and now I can without problems play with my Steelseries Rival, which has 2 side buttons, instead of 12.

So keep that in mind. (ps. the G600 is horribly uncomfortable)

Not sure if they changed it from a couple years ago but the wow mouse felt cheap and shitty. I bough a Naga and my friend got the wow mouse. He returned it for a Naga once I let him try it out.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com