Single Target Defile Use

I was curious as to people's opinions on using defile as apart of a single target rotation? I've been doing it for the past few hours in heroics and it seems to be doing alright.

The only issue I've seen with it is that it can be a hit or miss due to the fact that on mobile fights, throwing down defile is pretty risky if the boss is consistently moving.

Anyone have any good results with it in comparison to a flat single target rotation?

Deleted
    3-4% DPS increase or so. In movement-heavy fights, I like holding onto it until the boss does some movement ability and then dropping it, usually it gets the full 10s and it's much better than trying to use it on cooldown and having the boss leap away after a second. Of course, after you get more familiar with each encounter it becomes easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    only issue really with defile placement is all the stupid tanks not understanding its not fire and then pulling everything out of it
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

For Unholy it just plain replaces DnD in our single target, which we were using anyways. So for that it's a straight gain. For both Frost specs it's also a gain as well in single target.

Most of the time you will ever have trouble getting it's full duration to be used each cast is if you're in LFG or such, where there are people who don't always fully know the mechanics or generally just move around for no reason. In a set raid environment or with a group of people whom you know how they play it becomes very easy to know when to drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    only issue really with defile placement is all the stupid tanks not understanding its not fire and then pulling everything out of it
    This is sad but true. Have to explain to each and every tank i get to stop running out of the coffee spill. I heard from a mate he's been have a similar problem with warrior's new ravager ability...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    This is sad but true. Have to explain to each and every tank i get to stop running out of the coffee spill. I heard from a mate he's been have a similar problem with warrior's new ravager ability...
    Get a DK tank. Can't see someone elses defile under mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Get a DK tank. Can't see someone elses defile under mine
    I've even seen a DK tank (specced for NP) running for his life from my coffee spill :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the first LFD that i noticed tanks moving out of defile i thought it was a coincidence that there was a reason to move and didnt say anything, but then on a run last night the tank actually said something along the lines of 'fuckin blizz using the same spell with every boss and trash in here..' so i pointed out to him that defile replaces dnd and turns it pukey-grey..

Even if only 50% of your Defile does damage it's roughly equivalent to Necrotic Plague. So the answer is yeah, use Defile.

Deleted
    Im having huge problems managing Define in heroic dungeons when dealing with a boss encounter. Most them require heavy movement and even when that is not the case some tanks will just lead the boss out of its range. Im seriously considering changing to necrotic plague to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Im having huge problems managing Define in heroic dungeons when dealing with a boss encounter. Most them require heavy movement and even when that is not the case some tanks will just lead the boss out of its range. Im seriously considering changing to necrotic plague to see how it goes.
    If you're doing random LFG's that's the problem more so then managing defile. Proper strats minimize movement, and you rarely have that in an LFG

Quote Originally Posted by Daeth View Post
    I was curious as to people's opinions on using defile as apart of a single target rotation? I've been doing it for the past few hours in heroics and it seems to be doing alright.

The only issue I've seen with it is that it can be a hit or miss due to the fact that on mobile fights, throwing down defile is pretty risky if the boss is consistently moving.

Anyone have any good results with it in comparison to a flat single target rotation?
    Use it in single target, and if a big spell is coming soon be sure to have Defile on the caster for that spell since it will give you a mini IBF effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a blood tank, I can't express how much I love Defile, I love everything about it, I don't even care about the damage, the 10% damage reduction is huge for its uptime, pair it with bone shield, and you have basically a third charge of rune tap.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.