Rare Spawns & weird phasing

So I've been farming and camping the new Mount Rare Spawns. Successfully found and killed Nakk and tonight I thought I'd stick around Nagrand and wait for Luk'hok.
    I spend most of my evening waiting. (It's now 2:39am and I've been here since well around 6pm) I start questing and have cleared most of the quests in the area when general chat blows up about him spawning and people asking for invites. I get invited by my friend, one of the first to spot him. He says he's next to him, I start riding when I stand where they are showing in my mini map and I can't see neither him, nor the spawn or any of the other people that was killing him. I decide to leave the group as I thought it was something to do with phasing but nothing changed. Keep in mind, we are both on the same server.
    Trying to understand what happened there as most of the people that could see him I had been talking to and saw in the area throughout the evening but can't make out what might have happened to not see them or the mob. Would be nice to know to prevent any weird phasing (if it was phasing) issues in the future!

Yeah the rare Gorum or w/e in the cave in Shadowmoon is not visible to a few of my characters, weirdly on my hunter I can track him without being able to actually see him. It's not just you, several ppl in gen chat have said similar things about rares, off the top of my head today there was Hypnocroak and that giant in the mini Zangermarsh area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in Wrath with the Time-Lost Proto Drake, whoever tagged if first, the rare was "pulled into" their phase in Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I remember back in Wrath with the Time-Lost Proto Drake, whoever tagged if first, the rare was "pulled into" their phase in Storm Peaks.
    Not true, I was killed by a group while I was attempting to kill it. Found it soaring through the air and my heart almost stopped. I tagged it and started attacking, but right as I got it to 50%, a group of 4 alliance ganked me. I got it down to 15% before dying. I wish what you said was true, i'd have the mount by now.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

In this instance I was literally standing where my friends were and the second big group before the fight started and couldn't see anyone. Until they eventually started the fight and killed Luk. I tried leaving the group too mid fight but no phasing happened.

This happened to me in talador with a rare swimming in water. I couldn't see it until I moved around and stuff. Then last night i ran across slthus and nearly plotzed when he disappeared. Luckily he reappeared and I got a hit in.