Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    pardon me if i dont think the sky is falling because warlocks arent demigods atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone has to be on bottom... Right?

T__T

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    pardon me if i dont think the sky is falling because warlocks arent demigods atm.
    I really love how we get 1 tier on top from an overlooked complete fuck up on Blizzards part with a spec that isn't even remotely fun and affliction wasn't even used to it's insane capabilities by anyone under a certain rank because they just prefered destro.

1 Tier and we get cunt bags like this yet mages which have dominated like... what? 8 out of the past 10 tiers are justified in their complaining? Warriors which have also never had a bad tier from my memory?

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-11-25 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post

Complaining because you aren't like mages (top tier as you put it) is a whiners paradise. Come up with reasons why you are at the bottom.
    a 15% - 30% flat nerf for lvl 90 balance that was supposed to be reverted once people hit 100.

So, you believe Blizzard to be lying to you, eh? Why don't you trust Blizzard when it comes to class balance? I mean... EVERYONE pinpointed Ghostcrawler as a problem when it came to class balance... and now he's with Riot. Just sayin... maybe you should actually keep the faith and trust that Blizzard knows it they are doing in terms of game creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Come up with reasons why you are at the bottom. Display them proudly and do it on the official forums.

You will have a better chance of getting your complaints heard. Also note... I'm not telling you to leave this forum, that would be silly.
    The reason why we don't believe Blizzard it's because "bold" has already been done. We knew better, presented logs and everything and they nerfed demo without fixing it's bugs, what's plain retarded. After that, they nerfed it to the ground because of 30sec SoO bosses.

In all honesty, I swear from my mother on the grave, I've done a LOT of dungeons and seen a LOT of locks, i'd guess 50 locks, only ONE was demonology. No one plays it by now, and by the time they do something about it, we already are tired of waiting.

Demo is in a good spot imo and just needs some number tunings, good feeling while playing it etc and seems overall balanced with a high skill ceiling, the damage just isn't there though.

Blizzard fucked up Destruction with the decision to "enhancing" Havoc, making the spec literally godly on 2+ target meanwhile it struggles to beat tanks on single target, I'd say bring mana gain from sb back so it's more usable on single target, change the havoc "enhance" and make sb give 1 ember back not 2 (people always seem to get very upset when this gets mentioned but shadowburn is completely broken on bigger packs where a lot of adds die if you know how to use it properly together with Havoc) and buff the other single target spells. Movement is also an obvious huge issue for Destro.

Affliction needs some real changes and actual effort for it to become a real, playable spec again both in playstyle and damage wise.

Quote Originally Posted by qwee View Post
    Most, if not all of the classes, will most likely get an overview before or a week after raid releases.
    ^ This. And the primary answer for most specs will be "after raid release." They have their internal sims; we have our external sims. They have a little bit of real data from heroics now, but that's not indicative for a number of reasons. They're going to want some real raid data before they make a move for anybody but the most obvious underperforming specs for whom there is an obvious solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Lock dps is fine.
    ^This, I think the main reason some may suffer is because they think ilvl is king even with the wonky stat distribution on items now, shadow priests also suffer immensely till they start getting items with their main stats.

So, you believe Blizzard to be lying to you, eh? Why don't you trust Blizzard when it comes to class balance? I mean... EVERYONE pinpointed Ghostcrawler as a problem when it came to class balance... and now he's with Riot. Just sayin... maybe you should actually keep the faith and trust that Blizzard knows it they are doing in terms of game creation.
    Let me make one thing clear. Where the rest of the game is concerned, Blizz has my support. I love the lore, the world, all of the various things that add flavor to the game. On the data side of things, like class balance, I refuse to put my trust and faith into any company that demands both from me, instead of providing a reason for me to trust them.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    a 15% - 30% flat nerf for lvl 90 balance that was supposed to be reverted once people hit 100.
    The only people who said it would be reverted were a couple of posters here trying to twist and read between the lines of tweets out of pure wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Demo is in a good spot imo and just needs some number tunings, good feeling while playing it etc and seems overall balanced with a high skill ceiling, the damage just isn't there though.
    Demo seems okay, I'm not 100% convinced of it as I've not had the chance to raid with it, but my feeling is that it's exceptionally strong for burst and cleave damage, but lacking slightly for any kind of sustained throughput; AoE in particular just feels like it falls off a fucking cliff after 10 seconds.

Blizzard fucked up Destruction with the decision to "enhancing" Havoc, making the spec literally godly on 2+ target meanwhile it struggles to beat tanks on single target, I'd say bring mana gain from sb back so it's more usable on single target, change the havoc "enhance" and make sb give 1 ember back not 2 (people always seem to get very upset when this gets mentioned but shadowburn is completely broken on bigger packs where a lot of adds die if you know how to use it properly together with Havoc) and buff the other single target spells. Movement is also an obvious huge issue for Destro.
    Agree, Destruction is broken as hell. ST isn't actually too bad, but start adding in targets and damage just seems to extrapolate exponentially and produces numbers like the squish never even happened.

Affliction needs some real changes and actual effort for it to become a real, playable spec again both in playstyle and damage wise.
    The spec was never great in dungeons, but without any direct damage or Rain of Fire, it's just unplayable; fuck knows where they're going to get any meaningful data to do any tuning, MC? Mechanically it'll be okay for raids until they're farmable and don't have the time to ramp up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Let me make one thing clear. Where the rest of the game is concerned, Blizz has my support. I love the lore, the world, all of the various things that add flavor to the game. On the data side of things, like class balance, I refuse to put my trust and faith into any company that demands both from me, instead of providing a reason for me to trust them.
    Let's be clear, players right now have no meaningful way to collect data; the one place we have anything like a raid environment is MC, where gear, attention and skill levels within the group vary incredibly wildly. All we can do is trust their data, because simcraft stack ranks have never been a reliable metric for comparitive numbers between classes in a real raid tier (that's not to say it isn't useful between specs within a class, or for checking talents/rotations on an individual level - it works better in those areas of focus, but becomes less clear as you zoom out to try to get a bigger picture).

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Demo seems okay, I'm not 100% convinced of it as I've not had the chance to raid with it, but my feeling is that it's exceptionally strong for burst and cleave damage, but lacking slightly for any kind of sustained throughput; AoE in particular just feels like it falls off a fucking cliff after 10 seconds.
    Well yeah outside the bad design of the level 100 talents, Demonology just needs damage tweaks really (blizz pls don't force me to play destro in raids). It has it's obvious strengths and weaknesses as it should be outside of that.

My guess, they're going to nerf the shit out of Destruction because it looks powerful when you have the opportunity to cleave. They'll probably give Demonology a very small buff. Finally they'll give Affliction a 25% across-the-board nerf because their plan for that spec seems to be "fuck Affliction."

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    BLZ specifially stated in the past that they dont let specs or classes be op on purpose nor "punishing" them the next content or expac if they failed at balancing them.
    Blizzard also told us we'd get arena pvp in Diablo 3. Blizzard has a habit of lying, and it wouldn't surprise me that given the circumstances of the Warlock dev who worked on us in MoP that Warlocks were getting punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythium View Post
    Someone has to be on bottom... Right?

T__T
    I'm sorry, but that's the shaman spot. You're not THAT low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    Yes, the tanks.
    Yes, this is another important fact everyone stopped caring about. Forget hybrid vs pure, why are tanks still dealling more dmg if played properly??

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Yes, this is another important fact everyone stopped caring about. Forget hybrid vs pure, why are tanks still dealling more dmg if played properly??
    Because its the start of the xpac and tanks always start strong and scale poorly.

Its like this is peoples first expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Blizzard also told us we'd get arena pvp in Diablo 3. Blizzard has a habit of lying, and it wouldn't surprise me that given the circumstances of the Warlock dev who worked on us in MoP that Warlocks were getting punished.
    Hate to break it to you, but the people making WoW and the people making D3 aren't the same. What one says, doesn't apply to the other.

Secondly, things change. Stuff that seems like a good idea on paper, doesn't always play out very well. D3 was never designed to be a PvP game.

Blizzard has a habit of lying.
    Blizzard has a habit of telling us their intentions or perceptions and then adjusting with the understanding that everything is subject to change.

Players have a habit of warping that into something else entirely in their heads.

If your best evidence is from 4 years ago and from a different game, you're essentially arguing against yourself.

Also, there is a huge difference between lying and changing your mind. Blizzard opts to share a large portion of their development with us. This means that we're going to see some ideas that never make it to release. It's silly to fault them for removing something before the game is out.

It's okay to be mad at Blizzard. I think it's a misguided approach, but it's okay. But when you call them liars for changing their minds or because things didn't end up the way they intended, you're kind of disqualifying yourself from any meaningful conversation.

Well.. They acknowledged Shamans. Maybe after they look into a few other things we will get a 1% boost to corruption damage.