Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashihtaka View Post
    For someone who hasn't used CLCret or hekili, I've recently downloaded Hekili but find it to be what I focus on during fights and causes me to sometimes stop attacking because the boss/adds are moving out of melee range. Then I end up running to catch them and miss a bunch of attacks because of this, did anyone else encounter this when starting? And how would be the best way to fix it, should I be looking at hekili rotation or my target?
    I suppose there are different ways to use hekili, but here would be my recommendations (or - the opinions of a non-mythic scrub)...

Don't stare at it! Set it up so you can see the primary icon in your periphery by making it larger if need be, and positioning it in a manner that allows good vision. Reduce the number of icons to two - cus if you're ignoring the top two options you have good reason and don't need hekili to tell you so (mostly range issues on movement, etc.).

Turn off interrupts and cooldowns - manage them yourself, you'll be much better off.

Know when to stray from default suggestions. When you're out of melee range you should know to use Judgement or FV (or Exo depending on glyphs). Kick start the AOE rotation with a HotR instead of waiting for hekili recognition. Same for 'mobs dead' - stop the AOE rotation before hekili recognizes. I.e., you still need to know your stuff.

I use it to improve raid awareness and cannot for the life of me understand how using it would do the opposite. I'm guessing some more practice with it would help.

^ Seconding all of that.

(Except that "only two icons" part. I currently use three, because it fits inside the WeakAuras I have set up nicely that way)

Kind of silly, but I replaced my character with the single hekili icon. I don't need to stare at his/her dumb ass anyway and as a bonus when there a lot of effects going on, you can still visually place your character. Works only if you use 1 or 2 icons (for two just set the spacing to be really high between icons). For 3 the spacing ends up crazy. Would be nice if there were separate spacing and grouping for the primary and secondary icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Kind of silly, but I replaced my character with the single hekili icon. I don't need to stare at his/her dumb ass anyway and as a bonus when there a lot of effects going on, you can still visually place your character. Works only if you use 1 or 2 icons (for two just set the spacing to be really high between icons). For 3 the spacing ends up crazy. Would be nice if there were separate spacing and grouping for the primary and secondary icons.
    If you wanna get crazy with placing the icons, you can use WeakAuras to display specific entries in an action queue.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Kind of silly, but I replaced my character with the single hekili icon. I don't need to stare at his/her dumb ass anyway...
    Roll BELF Female and enjoy the sexy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodJob View Post
    hi guys

i need help for the sim-function
    would like to personalize the addon for me, but i have no knowhow for this stuff
    can anyone help me?
    I followed the guide "Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)" and took step by step and in the first moment everything was fine, but then i compared the default display (single & aoe) with my new one and i cant see any differences, why?
    I had expected that there are more respectively only one differences, but so ... why i should use this simulationcraft-importer?

If it is important, i used simcraft 622-01 (the latest nightly build)

Thanks for reply
    Last edited by mmoc4427f7d018; 2015-10-02 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodJob View Post
    I followed the guide "Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)" and took step by step and in the first moment everything was fine, but then i compared the default display (single & aoe) with my new one and i cant see any differences, why?
    I had expected that there are more respectively only one differences, but so ... why i should use this simulationcraft-importer?

If it is important, i used simcraft 622-01 (the latest nightly build)

Thanks for reply
    The importer is there in the event that you want to do your own action-list editing. It's especially handy for times when I am on vacation or murdered and somebody comes up with an improved priority list. You can do the importing yourself and end up with the latest data without waiting for me.

If you're using the latest beta of the addon, you're probably not going to see many (if any) differences between the beta's APLs and your own custom imports. Because I just imported the latest APLs a week or two ago.

By accident unchecked default button for Ret:AOE. Icon says can only be undone by reloading display. So I have disabled the addon and enabled in game both and reloaded UI for both. Still not showing the default button again. Any idea what is happening here?

You need to click the "Reload Display" button within Hekili's options, which will restore that display to its "factory default" settings. Not the WoW client's /reload slash command.

If you have accidentally deleted the Ret:AOE display entirely (or it is not visible in your settings for another reason), click the "Reload Missing" button on the "Displays" page and that should be restore it, again with default settings.
    Last edited by Curulan; 2015-10-12 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I make Seal of Justice the primary choice instead of Seal of Truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    How do I make Seal of Justice the primary choice instead of Seal of Truth?
    In what context? I ask because if you don't want the addon to recommend seals, you can disable those entries in your action lists. Of course, that wouldn't work so well for an EmpS spec, but I'm going to guess you're not using EmpS.

Hi Hekili and all, maybe a more general question.

Quick question, when using this last night I really loved it, but sometimes I felt it asked to FV a bit too early, is anyone else finding that? I was on 3 HP with CS up and it was saying to FV for me, is that not right or is it right? I'm not sure it's just me being new to Ret this xpac!

Thanks,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Hi Hekili and all, maybe a more general question.

Quick question, when using this last night I really loved it, but sometimes I felt it asked to FV a bit too early, is anyone else finding that? I was on 3 HP with CS up and it was saying to FV for me, is that not right or is it right? I'm not sure it's just me being new to Ret this xpac!

Thanks,
    did you have Avenging Wrath active?

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    did you have Avenging Wrath active?
    Ahhh do you use FV with 3HP when AW is up? If so why?

If you're using Avenging Wrath with Sanctified Wrath talented, you are essentially alternating between CS and TV/FV between each HoW because of the reduced cooldown on HoW.

Edit: The exception for this would be to use J instead of TV at 3 HP if you are not properly syncing AW with Seraphim and need to pool HP. After activating Seraphim, you want to go back to using TV at 3 or 4 HP.
    Last edited by Curulan; 2015-10-22 at 04:31 PM.

I was doing tyrant today and noticed that when i had about 1 sec or less left on seraphim it was telling me to cast a CS for 4 HP instead of a TV. and to my knowledge it would be much better using a TV under sera than a CS, so why would it do this?

Seal of Righteousness - Empty Drinking Horn - When this trinket is equipped using Seal of Righteousness at two targets becomes more beneficial than maintaining two Censure debuffs.

Hammer of the Righteous - Empty Drinking Horn - Like Seal of Righteousness, the target threshold for using Hammer of the Righteous is reduced by one when this Trinket is equipped.
    I changed a bit target count in: Ret:Primary AOE Minimum: 2

Action list Ret: Cleave for the Hammer of the Roghteous to >=3

Precombat: Seal of Righteous My enemies >=2

Hopefully this will now correctly advise me to cycle FV and DS on 2 targets.

Also one question. We killed Mythic Killrogg Deadeye. I went inside first. As there are tons of adds, should I use DS whenever is it up (as soon as I reach 3 HP) and hope that Divine Crusader will proc or should I blindly follow Hekili Aoe rotation? Notice that aoe burst is really required inside.

my logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/yKWZ1hgkbVG2tRzL

Basty

Taking suggestions for Legion. Obviously, we don't know mechanics yet, but with a new expansion comes another Hekili engine cleanup. What would make the addon more useful or easier to use?

While it can be done by other addons I'd want cooldown tracking, here's an image of my current setup to get an idea. It's mostly for convenience though to have it in one addon so it's understandable if it's not something you want to make the effort with.

As for easier to use the only thing I can think of would be a better explanation of how to edit the priorities if you so desire. As in an info page explaining the basics of the syntax. Again something that can be found elsewhere but it's handy if it's right there in the settings.

I can't seem to see if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm wondering if it is possible to implement the legendary ring into the rotation as it will help remind me when it is available and also hopefully when is best to line up with Seraphim.