Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Currently wearing Coin and nhc Scales (heroic just won't drop) and got a hc Aberration today. Scales still sim higher for me (Serenity/ChiBrew), however is it worth taking the Aberration for the ChiExp encounters because of the haste on it? Somewhat related is it worth swapping to the hc Ko'ragh Helmet instead of the 665 BoE helmet? Although it has mastery, there's a huge amount of haste on it, I'm not sure how to use simcraft on these kind of things.
    Last edited by mmoc088a6c06ab; 2014-12-29 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    updated here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30838963

Changelog:

30/12/2014 - fixed pvp trinkets
    30/12/2014 - changed the sim profile
    30/12/2014 - changed weights on scaling factors
    30/12/2014 - recalc factors after all the recent nerfs, SimulationCraft 6.0.3 - release 20

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    Currently wearing Coin and nhc Scales (heroic just won't drop) and got a hc Aberration today. Scales still sim higher for me (Serenity/ChiBrew), however is it worth taking the Aberration for the ChiExp encounters because of the haste on it?
    Based on my last sim, using H-Aberration should be worthy over coin for ChiEx encounters. However, considering that Coin is an "on use" trinket it also might be down to your own playstyle and how you pile up your buffs and cooldowns

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.it View Post
    updated here:

Changelog:

30/12/2014 - fixed pvp trinkets
    30/12/2014 - changed the sim profile
    30/12/2014 - changed weights on scaling factors
    30/12/2014 - recalc factors after all the recent nerfs, SimulationCraft 6.0.3 - release 20

- - - Updated - - -

Based on my last sim, using H-Aberration should be worthy over coin for ChiEx encounters. However, considering that Coin is an "on use" trinket it also might be down to your own playstyle and how you pile up your buffs and cooldowns
    I assumed and thought Coin was BiS because it can be lined up with cooldowns/procs. so it outscales all the other trinkets. or is that not the case? why are top WW monk players still using coin then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critizin View Post
    I assumed and thought Coin was BiS because it can be lined up with cooldowns/procs. so it outscales all the other trinkets. or is that not the case? why are top WW monk players still using coin then?
    You allready got the point and then lost track. Yes it's on use, yes it's power is based on the idea to line it up with other cooldowns/procs BUT not many can make full use of that aspect and SimC will never take care about that. As ash.it mentioned it comes down to your own playstyle and capabilities.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    You allready got the point and then lost track. Yes it's on use, yes it's power is based on the idea to line it up with other cooldowns/procs BUT not many can make full use of that aspect and SimC will never take care about that. As ash.it mentioned it comes down to your own playstyle and capabilities.
    its hard for people to push a button?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critizin View Post
    its hard for people to push a button?
    If u're just using it on CD and never take fight length and other CD's such as Xuen, FoF and TeB into consideration you're not using it to it's full potential and might aswell use a passive. So I'd say it's a bit more than pushing a button.

Is it superhard to do that? No.
    Is it more than the average wow-player wants to/can handle? Mmyes I'd say it is.

my vision on coin vs 685 aberration:
    1. kargath - only if 4-30 fight. 5+ then no
    2. buthcher - no
    3. brackenspore - not sure. if 2nd use delay to 2-50 when 2nd add come may be. or 1st use delay to 1st add.
    4. tectus zerg tactics - always yes
    5. twins - only if 4-30 fight
    6. koragh - only if 4-30 fight
    7. margok - no
    Last edited by ztn; 2014-12-31 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    my vision on coin vs 685 aberration:
    1. kargath - only if 4-30 fight. 5+ then no
    2. buthcher - no
    3. brackenspore - not sure. if 2nd use delay to 2-50 when 2nd add come may be. or 1st use delay to 1st add.
    4. tectus zerg tactics - always yes
    5. twins - only if 4-30 fight
    6. koragh - only if 4-30 fight
    7. margok - no
    and how does it look like when u compare coin vs 670 aberration?
    is it worth the gold to pay for the coin if u already have the 670 aberration?
    or is the difference not that big?

IS captive micro aberration really better than double sided coin i know the sim says so i just have my doubts on that since mastery is our worst stat

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't rank trinkets by working out their average stats and applying stat weights to them, you have to sim each combination individually and observe the dps differences. Alternatively, instead of simming each combination you can sim Mythic scales in combination with all other trinkets since scales is the undisputed best in slot at the moment.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    You allready got the point and then lost track. Yes it's on use, yes it's power is based on the idea to line it up with other cooldowns/procs BUT not many can make full use of that aspect and SimC will never take care about that.
    False, SimC can do pretty much whatever you want, you just have to tell it what to do.
    If you want to save coin for serenity, always pool 10 TeB to have them active when you use coin, always delay the final use until your other trinket procs or whatever else you had in mind you can make SimC do that. Let's not throw around faulty information regarding what SimC can't do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    You can't rank trinkets by working out their average stats and applying stat weights to them, you have to sim each combination individually and observe the dps differences. Alternatively, instead of simming each combination you can sim Mythic scales in combination with all other trinkets since scales is the undisputed best in slot at the moment.

Also:

False, SimC can do pretty much whatever you want, you just have to tell it what to do.
    If you want to save coin for serenity, always pool 10 TeB to have them active when you use coin, always delay the final use until your other trinket procs or whatever else you had in mind you can make SimC do that. Let's not throw around faulty information regarding what SimC can't do.
    Should have added that by default it doesn't line it with other cooldowns, procs, abilities, etc. My fault.
    But to be honest how many of those asking here which trinket to choose would be able to configure SimC?
    Actually I'm not even sure if it's worth the time to discuss this since for most the Abberation will do the job and spending their money on the coin would be wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    You are right but you can still sim them to get a first idea on what you are talking about. Results are not that different.

I've ran a couple of sims using the actions suggested by Justwait (post #37):

Code:
    actions+=/use_item,name=lucky_doublesided_coin,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up|target.time_to_die<18

Profile used is the one described in my first post, basically a 670 BiS

Code:
    head=torias_perseverance,id=118894
    neck=reavers_nose_ring,id=113851,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5320
    shoulder=deep_walker_paulders,id=113661,bonus_id=566
    chest=chestguard_of_the_roaring_crowd,id=113601,bonus_id=566
    waist=waistgirdle_of_the_mountain,id=118886
    legs=nether_blast_leggings,id=113856,bonus_id=566
    feet=mountainwalkers_boots,id=113649,bonus_id=566
    wrist=bracers_of_spare_skin,id=113634,bonus_id=566
    hands=treacherous_palms,id=113832,bonus_id=566
    finger1=spellsink_signet,id=113843,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5327
    finger2=timeless_solium_band_of_the_assassin,id=118297,enchant_id=5327
    trinket1=
    trinket2=
    back=cloak_of_creeping_necrosis,id=113657,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5313
    main_hand=the_bladefist,id=113591,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5334
    off_hand=the_bladefist,id=113591,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5334

Single target, patchwerk fight

4 targets, helter skelter with ChiEx (keep in mind that simc doesnt implement SEF yet)

Deleted
    Just to find it again.

Deleted
    Bookmarks and Search tool are much nicer than bumping random threats without saying anything constructive in it.

I personally use Scales of Doom and have a Weak Aura associated with it. It shows me the CD timer, as well as the Proc timer. Works great! SoD is probably the best Trinket out of Highmaul for melee DPS that use MS as their secondary stat.

Deleted
    Hello I was wondering whether you could test it out , now with the upcoming T17P4 bonus , what if you stacked mastery and used Rune of Re-Origination trinket ? That build could also give you a good TEB uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by fottiros View Post
    Hello I was wondering whether you could test it out , now with the upcoming T17P4 bonus , what if you stacked mastery and used Rune of Re-Origination trinket ? That build could also give you a good TEB uptime.
    I'm almost 99% sure that you wouldn't want to do that, considering RoRo would re-arrange all of your stats and give you a silly amount of mastery. Not to mention, you can't re-forge anymore so more than likely you'd be taking less than optimal gear to do that. Right now, especially with Chiex we already see a fairly high uptime on TeB.

Quote Originally Posted by sadows12 View Post
    I'm almost 99% sure that you wouldn't want to do that, considering RoRo would re-arrange all of your stats and give you a silly amount of mastery. Not to mention, you can't re-forge anymore so more than likely you'd be taking less than optimal gear to do that. Right now, especially with Chiex we already see a fairly high uptime on TeB.
    Does RoRo take into account your paper doll stats at trinket proc, or ignore buffs?

With the horrible itemisation atm, I sit something like ~1400 mastery (including the +550 buff), and assuming multistrike food buff, I think the others are ~1300 haste / ~950 crit.

Might be fun to mess around with one if I had it :P
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-15 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxas View Post
    I personally use Scales of Doom and have a Weak Aura associated with it. It shows me the CD timer, as well as the Proc timer. Works great! SoD is probably the best Trinket out of Highmaul for melee DPS that use MS as their secondary stat.
    AFAIK SoD does not have an ICD rather than a procc based on RNG. Are you sure your trinket does not procc before your configured ICD runs out? What time did you use?

Deleted
    how about the 680 alchemist trinket? it gives mastery but the proc is pretty good