Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    She is a spoiled bi**, and had swimsuit on anyway... he was a bit too harsh, that I agree, and it is strange that he was too weak to drag her to the pool.

I remember in elementary school, when a fatso did not want to run during PE our teacher had us to keep kicking him in the butt until he starts to move. Got the job done. Teachers are too restricted novadays, and they are even blamed for pupil's laziness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    having her hair done is a bad excuse to not go into the water
    Umm... No student or pupil can be forced to do any activity they don't wish to participate in. She doesn't need an "excuse" not to go into the pool. She doesn't even need a reason. All she needs to do is to say she's not going in the pool, and that's that.

Whether that leads to some disciplinary action toward her, is a completely different matter altogether. However, if a school punishes a pupil for not swimming, then I don't think you need to look much further for the reasons why schools in that country are somewhere like 36th in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    It's not really a "rape angle", rather than if somebody tells you no, not to do something or stop, so to stop doing something, then that's what you do as a respectable human being.
    'Be a respectable human being, officer, and let me behave however I want to and stop arresting me.'
    He was in position of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Which can and does happen everywhere. The whole "only in America" thing is getting really old on here. It's just a way to nation bash....
    Blame the person. Not the country.
    I have no idea about demographic of this site's visitors, but you do have to admit most of the bs shown on this site happens in the US.

Back on topic: If a boy was being treated this way, especially by a female teacher, everyone would be having a really good laugh out of this. Instead, a senior teacher is being charged with misdemeanor.

I really hope they do not manage to turn this into some gender/rape thing, because in the long run the legitimate feminists are really getting hurt by stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whether that leads to some disciplinary action toward her, is a completely different matter altogether. However, if a school punishes a pupil for not swimming, then I don't think you need to look much further for the reasons why schools in that country are somewhere like 36th in the world.
    Huh? If PE is mandatory in that school and swimming is part of PE curriculum, how is it different from, let's say, pupil not learning history (or, attending the history class, but not participating in it what so ever to better approximate it to the story at hand). And now we could have argument about what's more important for the kid, whether knowing who discovered America or knowing how to swim.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2014-11-24 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid Teacher and even stupider kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Meh, to answer my own question:

http://education-portal.com/articles...E_Teacher.html

It's a bachelor's degree with state certificate (albeit only necessary for public schools, not private). Now I'm even afraid to propose the idea of a a better educational path for PE teachers, so that they get taught how to correctly deal with children, in fear of being called a nation basher.

I hope he's gutted for assault. You can't put your hands on people. Her top was falling off and he just continued, he's a pedo-perve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Huh?
    Pupils can't be forced to do anything. You do get that, right?

Yes, if you choose not to participate in class, you're most likely going to have to take that class again, or you may be expelled. Those are very likely outcomes for the choice you made. However, you can't be forced to do anything you don't want to.

In this case, the PE teacher physically forced the girl to do something she did not want to, and regardless of how much swimming would've been a part of the lesson for that day, he doesn't have the right, neither legal nor moral, to do so.

Deleted
    Umm... No student or pupil can be forced to do any activity they don't wish to participate in. She doesn't need an "excuse" not to go into the pool. She doesn't even need a reason. All she needs to do is to say she's not going in the pool, and that's that.

'Teacher, I do not wish to participate in math. I do not even need a reason.'
    Yeah, good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if you choose not to participate in class, you're most likely going to have to take that class again, or you may be expelled. Those are very likely outcomes for the choice you made. However, you can't be forced to do anything you don't want to.

In this case, the PE teacher physically forced the girl to do something she did not want to, and regardless of how much swimming would've been a part of the lesson for that day, he doesn't have the right, neither legal nor moral, to do so.
    Consider alternate punishment: having her expelled.
    Expelling her would actually hurt her. Throwing her to a pool, not in the slightest.

- - - Updated - - -

Another point of view: He actually tried to help her by just ruining her hair, instead of having her expelled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Expelling her would actually hurt her
    Which brings me back to the point that you'd have to have some really shitty level of education to expel, or even punish someone for not participating in one completely irrelevant PE class.

Another point of view: He actually tried to help her by just ruining her hair, instead of having her expelled.
    Yeah, you know very well he wasn't doing what he was doing out of "altruism", and for whatever reason he decided to act like an ass, he's most likely the one to be expelled. Good riddance.

I'm not arguing about how the teacher was terribly wrong doing what he did. He should be fired for that immediately regardless of his seniority. That's why I omitted first part of your post.
    I however don't agree with the part I quoted, which was suggesting that there shouldn't be any disciplinary action because it was _only_ swimming and then correlating that to some arbitrary school ranking.

Edit: So where do you want to draw the line between relevant (ie. expelling/suspending for undermining the teacher by not participating is acceptable) and irrelevant subjects
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2014-11-24 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    No, it's not a bad excuse. Swimming at some school athletics thing is stupid. In fact, so stupid that no excuse is even necessary.

Good for her for refusing to get in the pool, whatever the reason.

The teacher should be charged with assault.
    It's part of the school's curriculum. If you don't like it, tough shit. I don't like a lot of subjects in my school, that doesn't mean I'm allowed to just say no and think that means I don't have to do it.

Deleted
    Which brings me back to the point that you'd have to have some really shitty level of education to expel, or even punish someone for not participating in one completely irrelevant PE class.

Yeah, you know very well he wasn't doing what he was doing out of "altruism", and for whatever reason he decided to act like an ass, he's most likely the one to be expelled. Good riddance.
    Compulsory is compulsory. Skipping PE or math is the same.

He was still doing a good deed, helping to raise the spoiled bi**.

Pretty funny clip, but at the same time if that was my daughter i would stomp his ass.

Deleted
    Compulsory is compulsory. Skipping PE or math is the same.

He was still doing a good deed, helping to raise the spoiled bi**.
    Teachers can't legally physically force you to do things you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had no right to touch her or force her to get in the pool. She may of been acting like a spoiled shit, but he had no right to put his hands on her like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear, can people make posts without blaming America in some sort of way? Shits getting old....
    I swear, can people stop making posts condoning entitlement of stupid people? "He had no right to put his hands on her". Is that a criminal offense? Or are you just so insecure that you find touching a human being so repulsive and wrong?

I don't think the teacher did anything wrong. I just think today's society is freaking sensitive to whatever the hell they please at any given moment.
    Bring back corporal punishment. Maybe we'll see less spoiled kids around, at least.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I don't think the teacher did anything wrong. I just think today's society is freaking sensitive to whatever the hell they please at any given moment.
    You can't be serious. What he's doing is assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Gym and math teachers are usually bonkers. The first is known for sexual molests and the latter for hitting students.

One of my good friends is a math teacher.......A person can only take so much stupid in a given time frame.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    It's not his right or job to raise her. If she didn't want to get in the pool, she gets a failing grade for that day. That's what should of happend.
    Education serves as a fallback when parents fail.

In my elementary school, during PE our teacher had us literally keep kicking butt of a fatso who did not want to run. It was no biggie, and noone complained. Least of all the fatso that has been improved by making him less fat over the course of the years.

Deleted
    If only more teachers were like this...

It's not like she couldn't swim, or had a disability, she didn't want to get her hair wet. I'd consider this a life lesson and move on.