Question Gear for non raiders

I don't raid or do PvP any more (due to health reasons) and realised today that I can't really handle dungeons either. However I'd still like to progress my character as much as possible within the limitations I have, but obviously not as much as a raider or even someone who does heroics.

After checking Wowhead it seems there's no rep gear available. Am I going to be limited to 3 crafted items and whatever BoE dungeon/raid drops I can afford from the AH?

World rares have a chance to drop i620, but you need groups for them. They are mostly located in the "100 areas" of the various zones.

I believe that the timer missions in Garrison can eventually lead to i630 and even epic i640 rewards, but I have not gotten to that point.

Crafted epics might be worth considering, but they use a considerable amount of materials.

If you are not doing dungeons, pvp, or raiding, I heavily suggest you NOT waste your gold on AH epics. They are incredibly expensive right now and you honestly do not need much more than i600 to tackle the world content, except in those elite areas where pretty much everyone is gonna need a group (the lvl102 rares are either incredibly difficult or impossible for most players to solo even in i630 gear, we will def need to be in Highmaul/BRF to see the average player solo them).

Also, in 2 weeks World Bosses spawn. I know you do not like raiding but realistically they are huge zerg fests. You can probably walk in, hit 1 ability on the boss, and sit and wait for your chance at loot roll.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the world bosses. Yeah, I don't mind being in a group for those occasionally.

And I totally forgot about apexis crystals, although it looks like I'll need to do an insane amount of farming for the better rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a chance for a given Garrison mission to give you gear tokens (these missions will show your token in the rewards section), and you can use your profession buildings to make crafted epic gear if you've got the right profs. There's also, as Balazzar noted, world rares where, if you have a Dwarven Bunker, the gear they drop has a chance to upgrade into epic gear, so I'd recommend doing some reading on those.
    Last edited by Thage; 2014-11-24 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Clarification, poorly-worded
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I got a ilevel 630 boots today from garrisons, so that's possible. It was a ilevel 615 mission, so you need to get some gear for followers (check out war mill + salvage yard).

You can also check out Apexis crystals, as those give you an alternative way to get gear (doing the daily + grinding mobs for apexis shards). There are also garrison quests to that give you apexis crystals I believe. Those items start at 630 then can be upgraded. Those will take a while though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also get a few Apexis Crystals from your Mining work orders. It's not many and it's only a chance, but it's still possible.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!