Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    When you have >1 follower with ilvl over the threshold you will see missions appear (eg 615 for the 615 missions that reward 630 gear, 630 for the ones that reward 645 epics, and 645 for the ones that reward raid epics based off your most recent progression).

One follower is not enough to trigger it.

Note that at this stage, if you expect to clear raids week 1, you probably *don't* want to trigger the raid-epic mission - ie, you don't want multiple followers over 645. This is because there is a ~2.5 week icd on the mission, and when it appears it uses your characters current progression. If you trigger it right now, you will get lowest ilvl gear. If you trigger it after clearing heroic you will get a mythic item - even though mythic isn't open yet. I assume for most people that is worth a lot more than gear for 'heroic' farm fest week 1 :P

I would recommend getting your team to 630 now, and sitting on any upgrades beyond that. That will unlock a 630 mission giving a 645 epic, but nothing that will get better by waiting. As soon as you clear heroic week #1, upgrade as many as you can to 645, so you can get the mythic item between then and when real raids start.

Good advice. Which makes me think: Why the hell isn't this information blatantly obvious by Blizzard when it has such a MAJOR impact to gearing?

OK, the impact might not be tremendous if you say there are big ICDs, but still, it's a freaking piece of mythic gear one could attempt very early.

Anyway, I guess I'm not too far behind. I omitted using one of the relevant building for several days but you can't blame me not playing beta.

Everyone is so uninformed at 645 u get legendary quest missions. Grandois missions which give a static non random item at 645ilvl and raid missions which will give u a tier of gear above the mode u clear

Does follower ilvl affect work orders when they're assigned to a building?

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    Does follower ilvl affect work orders when they're assigned to a building?
    Nope, only level affects that, with the exception of LM where there is only phylarc.

Ilvl is only relevent to missions. It never increases chances, only removes penalties / barriers to obtaining missions - so pretty much the same as LFG ilvl requirements :P
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-26 at 12:44 AM.

Nope, only level affects that, with the exception of LM where there is only phylarc.

Ilvl is only relevent to missions. It never increases chances, only removes penalties / barriers to obtaining missions - so pretty much the same as LFG ilvl requirements :P
    Thanks, that's what I figured

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You can build a bunker, and at level 2 it will allow you to queue work orders.
    I have a level 2 bunker. I can't see any npc there to queue work orders.

Deleted
    I unlocked 630 missions the moment my follower had 630 and have gotten quite a few this week.

I already have 650+ on my follower but 645 missions aren't popping up, probably blizzard's artificial gating for more income at play.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong.

Having follower's "overgeared" increases your success rate on missions which have an ilvl requirement (615/630/645) but has no effect on missions without a requirement.

My 645 token quest had a 92% chance, I upgraded my followers ilvl by 8 on one and 5 or so on the other and it increased to 95%.

It's pretty simple, just do a mission with an item level requirement(615) then compare a 650 follower with a 615 follower of the same talents.
    Last edited by mmocb9ae687706; 2014-11-26 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    wrong.

Having follower's "overgeared" increases your success rate on missions which have an ilvl requirement (615/630/645) but has no effect on missions without a requirement.

My 645 token quest had a 92% chance, I upgraded my followers ilvl by 8 on one and 5 or so on the other and it increased to 95%.

It's pretty simple, just do a mission with an item level requirement(615) then compare a 650 follower with a 615 follower of the same talents.
    Unless you care to prove it with some screenshots, I think it is more likely that you changed something else at the same time - passive traits maybe?

Tried this last night with higher ilvl followers without any matching skills, and got the exact same % from 650 ilvl down to 615 ilvl, so long as they were over the 615 requirement.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-26 at 08:53 PM.