Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Strange that they wanted to remove archeology? I think its a great feature to keep throughout expansions.

I'm sure they'll give us something more time consuming next expansion. I hate having professions tied to an expansion feature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the current Garrisons.

In one way they've really hurt some of the professions (mining in particular) and they take quite a bit of time to manage, that takes away from your experience out in the world. I'd prefer a bit less time/effort being spend here, but that's just my opinion I suppose.

Of course the expansion isn't even 2 weeks old yet, I'm still figuring some of this stuff out!
    Garrisons don't hurt it, blizzard is just rely bad with numbers, and have let us kind of get too many nodes from the mine.

And the only reason because blizzard wants to not keep working on Archaeology is because there too lazy to fix some of the key problems which a 3 year old could fix better then blizzard. Hate to say it first flying here comes more things been removed just saying, were does it stop?

Deleted
    This current Garrison will go away but they will probs introduce a new one in the next expac.

I hope at any rate, as I like the Garrison feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Strange that they wanted to remove archeology? I think its a great feature to keep throughout expansions.
    Same thought here.

I had a "wtf" moment while reading the interview and that came up... I mean I know people in my guild who have been begging for more things to do in Archaeology like for example Blood Elf stuff.

Honestly compared to other professions both First Aid & Archaeology leave much to be desired.

That's disappointing. I hope they have something similar and even better planned to replace the system or it'll just feel like a waste. Perhaps we'll finally get player housing in a decent form?

Well that sucks. I just dropped Mining to grab Leatherworking. Now I have Engineering/Leatherworking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

I doubt the Garrison style coding won't "go away". They'll expand on it and make it something better. Garrisons were a HUGE part of the WoD expac. We had to form Garrisons in an unknown land in order to do what we needed to do. It makes sense from the RP part of it.

You won't have a Garrison, per say, in the next expac but will probably be something similar in nature, but better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That's disappointing. I hope they have something similar and even better planned to replace the system or it'll just feel like a waste. Perhaps we'll finally get player housing in a decent form?
    Hopefully the next iteration is a permanent feature. Something like Player Housing would be nice, as it could be built on continuously instead of abandoning it after the expansion is over.

Already heard that a while ago. Didn't expect this particular garrison to play any role in future expansions and I suppose it's fine if we don't get a new one later. They'll likely bring the tech along and make something awesome with that, like let us choose questlines still depending on our outpost choice, maybe let us upgrade quest hubs with our own particular buildings to improve the gameplay in zones the way we want it.

Deleted
    whatever comes next
    I think that's the key part here, just like your farm from MoP didn't come with you into WoD; but most of the key things from it are incorperated in garrisons.

So the next expansion (if it all proves popular enough) will see some updated take on the current garrisons.

not surprising but still sad.
    also very annoying.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    If the whole concept was being removed I'd be sad, but like most, I think that it'll be some sort of expansion upon the tech and the idea of them. Physically moving your garrison from Draenor to a new continent would make no sense, so I always assumed that there would be a "new garrison" in the next expansion. If they could enhance the garrison technology to allow for something more akin to player, and then guild housing I would be so happy.

Overall no point in getting upset when we have no idea what the progression of this technology will be. Garrisons are so much improvement on farms.... if they can continue to improve the concept then it should be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would they possibly want to remove Archaeology, let alone anything with as much time devoted to it as a timesink?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If the whole concept was being removed I'd be sad, but like most, I think that it'll be some sort of expansion upon the tech and the idea of them. Physically moving your garrison from Draenor to a new continent would make no sense, so I always assumed that there would be a "new garrison" in the next expansion. If they could enhance the garrison technology to allow for something more akin to player, and then guild housing I would be so happy.

Overall no point in getting upset when we have no idea what the progression of this technology will be. Garrisons are so much improvement on farms.... if they can continue to improve the concept then it should be good.
    If the next expansion really is Eye of Azshara (as seems likely), I think we can bet money that the Garrison tech will return in the form of either a harbor/port, or a large ship.

People act like a ton of resources went into a garrison.

Most of it is just recycled building models, a few pop-up UI windows, and some quests. Honestly the follow mission system probably took the most time to create.

I think it is WAY TOO EARLY for any statement or decision on this. Think about it. If a year from now most of the player base claims the Garrison is what keeps them subscribed when they are sick of LFR or whatever, Blizzard will change their mind and ensure the next expansion has a Garrison-like feature in it. They want your money and they want to make you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

At the start of the next expansion the burning legion will attack shadowmoon/frostfire and a big green metheor will crash on your garrison destroying everything and kill all of your followers
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    People act like a ton of resources went into a garrison.

Most of it is just recycled building models, a few pop-up UI windows, and some quests. Honestly the follow mission system probably took the most time to create.
    If you watched the documentary video, you will see that although that was their initial intent, they did end up making over 100 new structures and more individual models as they got into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell, Garrisons were suppose to be a completely new game mechanic not just a flavor for an expansion. If they think I'm going to start all over again with a new Garrison in the new continent they are fucking kidding themselves. This is pretty depressing, since I actually think Garrisons are probably the best thing they have added since LFG. They need to rethink that stance, Garrisons aren't like the forgettable farm in MoP. They are a huge part of your characters development in Draenor and heavily tied in to the areas progression. I really thought they would add new levels to the already existing buildings and maybe expand it not forget about it next expac.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2014-11-25 at 05:49 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.