Balance Druid Stat Priority - Can Anyone Decide.

Hello Folks! So attempting to main a Balance druid this expansion.

However I'm having a massive pain in my butt trying to find out what stat priority is.

According to Noxxic: (source)
    Intellect > Haste = Mastery = Crit = Multistrike > Versatility
    According To Icy Veins (source)
    Intellect > Mastery > Mulistike > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility
    According to WoWHead (source)
    Intellect > Mastery > Mulistrike = Haste = Critical Strike > Versatility

Obviously with the gear that is actually attainable ATM we can't be too picky but for someone that does love a good heroic dungeon it would be nice to see what to get.

Any ideas on who to go with, who is wrong, or simply is there no way to know.

I can't prove it with math, so i will try arguing with you with the stat weights I have seen.

In WrathCalcs (The same guy(Hamlet) who wrote that guide of Wowhead made this DPS Table, and he never confirmed a priority stat list, just said what stats are functional for each objective in DPS) the priority is: INT>Mastery>Crit>Haste>Multistrike>Versatility.

In SimC the stats are nearly as possible from each one, ~ Noxxic is using that to make their priority ~.

In my "no-math" opinion, the correct priority is from WrathCalcs. To gearing up, and since you can't be picky:

1- Stack INT the most you can.
    2- Run from Versatility and Multistrike, the lowest weights in priority.

P.S- Sorry for my english and i would be glad if someone appoints any mistake on my answer ^^"

sim your own gear is the best possible option

for dungeon its been said for the int > mastery > crit > haste > mult > vers tho

mastery is gonna be up there no matter what due to the changes in eclipse, haste breakpoints still exist? dunno if we have the gear to do so or we'll see better math from the raids next week. personal preference imo between crit and haste

I am confused just as much as you too. Intellect > Mastery > Mulistike > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility is what I get from both Icy Veins and Mr Robot. So I am not sure as to what stat weighing I should be using and what I should be going for more. Right now I am just looking for other boomkins out there that are performing well and see what stats they are going for mainly.

There's 5 threads a day about stats weights and not one , that has an answer

Deleted
    Ran a lot of sims with varied situations and level 100 talents (the 45 talent was incarnation always)

Results were pretty much this:

Mastery>= Crit > Haste > MS > Versa

With Int being about 2x the value of mastery & crit. 1 int = 2 mastery/crit rating

Some specific scenarios raised the value of MS and devalued mastery, but overall i think the stat priority above is a fairly solid guide line to follow.

Of course if you want to be certain about your personal stat weights you can just sim them

So I did some simulations with my own character at a low gear level (iLvL 618) with no enchants on my gear and here are the results.

The Sims were made with the following character power stats:

Intellect: 2674
    Crit Rating: 549 (9.99%)
    Haste Rating: 802 (8.02%)
    Mastery Rating: 733 (27.49%)
    Multistrike Rating: 50 (0.76%)
    Versatility Rating: 160 (1.23%)

Patchwerk fight - 1 Target
    Euphoria: 13949 DPS (Crit = Mastery > Mult > Haste > Vers)
    Stellar Flare: 13299 DPS (Mastery > Crit > Haste > Mult > Vers)
    Balance of Power: 13464 DPS (Crit = Mastery > Mult > Haste > Vers)

High Movement fight - 1 Target
    Euphoria: 11326 DPS (Crit = Mastery > Mult > Haste > Vers)
    Stellar Flare: 10558 DPS (Haste > Mastery >= Crit > Mult > Vers)
    Balance of Power: 10778 DPS (Mastery = Crit > Mult > Haste > Vers)

High Movement fight - 2 Targets
    Euphoria: 15083 DPS (Crit > Mult > Haste > Mastery > Vers)
    Stellar Flare: 15091 DPS (Haste > Crit > Mult > Mastery > Vers)
    Balance of Power: 14985 DPS (Crit > Haste > Mult > Mastery > Vers)

Waves of 5 adds fight and movement (Hectic add cleave) - 1 Boss Target
    Euphoria: 18473 DPS (Crit > Mult > Haste > Mastery > Vers)
    Stellar Flare: 18122 DPS (Haste > Crit > Mult = Mastery > Vers)
    Balance of Power: 18254 DPS (Crit > Mult > Haste = Mastery > Vers)

Hope this helps!

TLDR:
    Single Target: Euphoria > Balance of Power > Stellar Flare
    (Crit > Mastery,Haste (order depends on situation,talents) >= Mult > Vers)

Multiple Long-Lived Targets: Stellar Flare > Euphoria > Balance of Power
    (Crit = Haste >= Mult >= Mastery > Vers, extremely gear dependant)
    Last edited by Lionor; 2014-11-26 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    @Lionor your sim results are pretty useless for anybody else because we don't know your stats. For all we know you could be sitting at 2k mastery and 100 of the other stats.

Stat weights changes as your stats, talents, and raidfights(or heroics, or whatever content you are doing) change, so there is not a one "Correct" priority list for stats. Crit, haste and mastery are all so close that if you get 600 rating more of one of them it'll probably be behind the other two. Multistrike is slightly behind, but can win out if it is way behind one of your other stats (but this should rarely happen, as you will usually end up with some multistrike anyway.) Best advice while gearing is just grab as many haste/crit/mastery pieces as you can, while still prioritizing higher ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    @Lionor your sim results are pretty useless for anybody else because we don't know your stats. For all we know you could be sitting at 2k mastery and 100 of the other stats.
    You are absolutely correct, I updated the post to reflect this information.

FYI:

The Sims were made with the following character power stats:

Intellect: 2674
    Crit Rating: 549 (9.99%)
    Haste Rating: 802 (8.02%)
    Mastery Rating: 733 (27.49%)
    Multistrike Rating: 50 (0.76%)
    Versatility Rating: 160 (1.23%)

For me, at 634ish ilvl, it was Int>>>>Crit>Multistrike=Haste=Mastery>Versatility. Should sim your own character and see what results you get though.