Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, it isn't deserved.
    Some people no matter how much they practice will not be able to perform well with it.
    Practice does not make perfect, or anyone could do anything if they simply repeated it enough.
    That isn't the case.

Mouse turning has a higher skill cap, but that doesn't mean everyone can be proficient at it.
    You must have some pretty low standards if you think some people who don't have a physical disability cannot possibly learn how to mouseturn. Maybe you're projecting - I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    It's all about prioritizing. And since you can't move and cast spells, very rarely will you need to move your camera at the same time you need to heal someone. There are also mouse-over macros. All I'm hearing is excuses.
    A mouseover macro wouldn't help. Why should I need to prioritise using the mouse to turn when i could just as easily turn with my keyboard and still function as a healer, without being detrimental. What you are saying is detrimental as it means I'm 1 second behind healing the tank/bad rng/anyone that needs it. as this entire thread is all about saving yourself microseconds (when the gcd is 1 second anyway so that makes no difference), 1 second does make a big difference.

also, ALL healers have instant cast spells, so yes you can cast while moving. Pressing some combination of qweasd plus either - or = (on my razer naga) is quite easy to do and doesn't hinder me or the raid at all.

Just seems like you are being elitist for no reason.

I don't think there's a stigma, that's sort of implying that it's a negative thing. Like saying someone with one arm can't do the same sort of work as someone with 2 arms isn't a stigma on 1-armed people. It's just the reality that there's limitations. If there is some job that requires walking plus using both arms at the same time, you're clearly hindered by having 1 arm. That doesn't equal a stigma, it's just the nature of the task.

Playing wow is similar. Sure you can do menial tasks, questing and such while keyboard turning and you'll be fine. But I think the more you get near difficult content like pvp or raiding, the more keyboard turning will impact you. I'm sure there are plenty of players who do well and keyboard turn, but that doesn't negate the facts. There's a maximum speed you can turn with the keyboard that's slower than mouse turning. If there's a task that requires quick movement, you're slowed. That's a fact, not an opinion, not a stigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Except it doesn't make it more efficient as I wouldn't be able to target a player to heal them.
    *facepalms*
    Dat facepalm... why? probably because you deserved it?

As a healer go with healing addons, and in the case where those addons would cause you to go into anaphilactic shock, try to use mouseover macros, meaning that you just need to mouseover the player either directly or through the raid frame and press the button.

Trust me, you will feel like a god.

- - - Updated - - -

getting your mouse to do 2 different things at the same time is hard
    You are obviously still on the learning curve and that's ok. What isn't ok is that your statements suggest that you think you've capped your skill... which clearly isn't the case. Oh and you will never do 2 things at the same time, it's impossible both in theory and practice, what you can do though is do things so fast as they appear to be done in the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

A mouseover macro wouldn't help. Why should I need to prioritise using the mouse to turn when i could just as easily turn with my keyboard and still function as a healer, without being detrimental. What you are saying is detrimental as it means I'm 1 second behind healing the tank/bad rng/anyone that needs it. as this entire thread is all about saving yourself microseconds (when the gcd is 1 second anyway so that makes no difference), 1 second does make a big difference.

also, ALL healers have instant cast spells, so yes you can cast while moving. Pressing some combination of qweasd plus either - or = (on my razer naga) is quite easy to do and doesn't hinder me or the raid at all.

Just seems like you are being elitist for no reason.
    Nasty people get nasty treatments, son! I wish you a good time when interacting with others in this game. You should better make a macro with "/y Fack you" so you can spam it seconds after getting kicked from the group while at the same time pulling the boss in order to punish those puny bastards for not recognizing who you are, where ya from and what you can do. /nerdfist

yes theres still kerboard turner stigma, just like theres stigma against people who hold rifles wrong just cause they find a certain way more comfortable.

I've always been a keyboard turner. However, I don't and never plan to do Heroic/Mythic content when it is relevant, nor do I care a lick for competitive PVP (I go in randomly for some honor currency and maybe ding a few achievements). Is it optimal?? Not at all, but it also doesn't matter one lick unless you are doing bleeding edge content. I would never for a moment presume to take my play-style into a serious PVE/PVP atmosphere (meaning progression raiding or Arena/Rated BGs). But if someone is more comfortable playing that way it is perfectly fine for Heroics or Flex Mode. Again, this is an admission of it's inferiority, but I seriously doubt there is even a 10% portion of people running serious raid content who play this way, so this is really a non-issue and an excuse to demean a certain type of player who doesn't affect you in the slightest.