Poll: Which one do you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really miss the Frostfire spec. I had the most fun with that. I mainly play arcane these days but since 6.0 I've had trouble chaining spells together due to my lag and Quartz not really helping.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Cataclysm Fire was my favorite mage spec. I really don't like the MoP/WoD incarnation of Fire.

However, the one that has been most consistently played and enjoyed by me is Frost.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Fire by far. I do like the little bit of RNG involved, Cata and MoP it was a good spec with decent RNG, not to much to fuck you over, not too much to make you OP.

Frost is OK, would have loved it if I could just not spawn that fucking pet and still be competetive, liked it when it was a DPS cooldown. (Theres a reason I play a Mage and not a Warlock Blizz!!)

Arcane, never liked it, booring playstyle IMO, visually booring, list goes on, played it at the start of Firelands, got so bored I told raidleader that I either go Fire or quit raiding, went Fire. Also went Arcane for Spine of Deathwing (that contributes alot to it beeing the worst fight ever.)
    Arcane has only been fun once, and that was in BC when we were casting firespells even if we went deeper into arcane than fire (Arcane/Fire spec).

Lvl'ed up to lvl 99 in WoD as Fire, at this point I had lost around 35% crit or something, so had to go Frost, been playing that since, and I hope it does not last for that much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire for life

Deleted
    Fire for sure, too bad it its soooooo soooooooooo bad

Fire will always be my favorite mage spec.

But since I can't seem to get a crit to save my life atm, I am playing frost.

I like Arcane and Frost equally, detest Fire in all its incarnations, something about not having access to a snare just ticks me off, and the fireball graphic looks so piddly and weak.

The only fun I ever had with 'Fire' was for the PoM'd pyroblasts back when they were still things - although with AP and PoM those were really more Arcane specs than Fire.

In the lifespan of this game I think I've only willingly specced Fire in raids once ever, and that was Alysrazor for the multi-million damage combustions.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2014-12-02 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gugus View Post
    Good day, mages! I want to know, which do you prefer- fire, arcane or frost?
    That's a tough question to answer so simply. If I had to choose one for the rest of my playing time it'd be Fire, although each spec has been my favorite at one point or another.

I'll just leave this little GIF here of an old PvP video of mine. This was completely common-place in every single BG once you were AQ40/Naxx geared. Also this is after the double trinket on-use nerf with only Arcane Power/ZHC/Berserker. - http://makeagif.com/i/yDK05_

Imagine fully raid buffed, a Priest Power Infusion'ing you, both trinkets used, Arcane Power, and your target Scorch Debuffed/Curse of the Element'ed/Nightfall debuffed.

The only OP-ness I've experienced that has even come close to this was the last few months of WoTLK, being full 277/284 ICC/RS geared as Fire (BGs felt like I was aoe'ing Deadmines for a friend) and Catacylsm's Frost PvP (I could easily 1v4+ with absurd control/burst).

I want fire to be good but its just not and frost is boring to play after your 45secs of glory arcane is arcane hasnt changed much since wrath allthough supernova is super fun.

Fire. Been a Fire Mage since my 1st day in early BC. I actually have 2 Fire Specs. One for max damage. One for max mobility for certain encounters.

I did enjoy Frost towards the end of Mop, but coming into Wod, it's a really poor spec. There are times where the proc gods are on my side and I'm doing decent, but that streak of luck ends after a few seconds and ends up dropping my dps.

If they buffed frost to be less relient on procs, it could be a more enjoyable spec.

I tried fire, I didn't like it, was a little hard to predict when to get a crit proc or not.

Arcane has been a boring spec, looks alright for Wod, but just slightly weak on the numbers.

Deleted
    I played fire from classic to pandaria. Did first raid (mogu) in frost and stayed with the spec. I love fire but got used to frost - still I don't like the pet.

I have always loved arcane since I started in Burning Crusade, though it was not very popular. Good times in Wrath when it became competitive.

The fireball visual has always been wimpy to me. When I hit Arcane Missiles for the first time, I thought, "This is it!" And I was a mage for three or four years until I rerolled as a paladin to help the guild I began to lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I like Arcane and Frost equally, detest Fire in all its incarnations, something about not having access to a snare just ticks me off, and the fireball graphic looks so piddly and weak.
    You can glyph Frostfire Bolt and use that as Fire, has a snare and a larger graphic? I think it's pretty good for pvp anyway, gives Fire a snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    You can glyph Frostfire Bolt and use that as Fire, has a snare and a larger graphic? I think it's pretty good for pvp anyway, gives Fire a snare.
    Good point, I remember (I think back in Cataclysm?) that was an option that put FFB's cast time and DPET on par with fireball for the cost of a major glyph slot - I'm not sure if it's still a thing though, haven't kept up with fire all that much since then.