Aight I need guidance. Sitting at 631 ilvl and have a pretty great grasp of dungeons and rares and shit. My problem is my Garrison and resources.

I have a JC hut that makes me a few taladites a day (with a follower helping). Now from what I see, the JC hut can make me 640 rings and necks. In the time it would take me to get enough resources to make a 640 neck thats barely better than my heroic warforged neck, and then gather even more to boost the ilvl, I could probably just have a sick neck from raiding. So that makes no fucking sense to me. What am I missing?

Next I have my forge. No follower on this because I leveled prot and did a lot of dungeons. So I'm missing a lot of followers. It yields... Like 6 ingots a day? This seems crazy low. I have like 42 ingots or something (when i need 100 to make a semi decent blue that i will probably replace anyway) and OVER 550 UNPROSPECTABLE ORE. It seems like both professions are huge bottlenecks that are producing minimal mats for shit items. Where have I gone wrong? I am really lost as far as how to use my garrison efficiently.

And on an unrelated note, is there anywhere to farm Apexis crystals? Even just a few at a time. Outside of the daily?