10+ Year Old Account

Followers Working in buildings impact missions?

Do followers working in buildings impact what missions I get? I have read a lot recently on MMOC about people with all lvl 100 followers not getting a lot of quests. Well, what I'm asking is if I have 20 level 100 followers of varying iLvls and a level 94 working the mines and a 97 working the herb garden, will I still get lower level missions?

Also, I think I read this elsewhere, but having a level 100 worker working in mines is better than a 94, right? I should try to level them up and then put them back in there?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: Also, do inactive followers that are not level 100 contribute to getting quests that are lower level?

A lvl 90 follower working in a building gives that building's workorders a 50% chance to double their output. A lvl 100 follower gives a 100% chance.
    I don't know if this increases incrementally (91 follower gives 55%, 92 follower gives 60%, etc) or if it's 50% all the way to lvl 99, then switches to 100% upon reaching level 100.

As for your other questions, I have no idea.

Also, what does someone working in the mine or herb garden do for you? I can see what I get from workers in the engineering, blacksmithing, etc...buildings but I can't figure out what the follower I sent to the mine is doing...

Finally, when do I have to have to have the worker working to get the work order bonus? When it's submitted? When it's picked up? The whole time? I'd like to send them on missions in between times working at the different buildings to really maximize them but I don't want to miss out on the double work order output...anyone experiment with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time you should have workers in a building is right before you collect work orders. That is the only time it matters. Stick workers in the building, grab your work order loot, then remove them and send them on missions again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    The only time you should have workers in a building is right before you collect work orders. That is the only time it matters. Stick workers in the building, grab your work order loot, then remove them and send them on missions again.
    Cool, this is nice to know. So pretty much just put them to work from my main building in the morning when I collect all the work orders. Otherwise, send 'em off?