10+ Year Old Account

Savage Bloods profession blocker ??

Ok so I got on my main BS+JC since TBC and i dont make gold with it just using it for gearing myself up.
    I using JC i crafted a nice Neck within a week of Xpack

And last weekend I crafter 2h weapon thinking cool I can get myself One 2H weapon crafted and other one from raids/dungeons ect.

NOPE !!!!! I need 15 savage bloods that go for 1500g each. I dont have Barn so thats that.

Is it me or is 15 bloods(around 20k gold) to much for 630->640 upgrade ??
    Maybe they should add some other option of getting savage bloods ??? Raid bosses drop or something ?? I dont play alts so i wont have barn till i get all of my buildings up to level 3 i will have Lumber Mill.

Ideas ??? How to cope with the problem please
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    You know you can also buy bloods with 50 primal spirits?

It's a time/gold sink no doubt, sadly no easy way round it.

You can farm mobs for Primal Spirits (check wowhead for drop rates) but even still, the best normal mob drop rate is 25% > 4 mobs for ~1 Primal Spirit > 200 mobs for ~1 Savage Blood > 3000 mobs for ~15 Savage Bloods.

You can buy them (currently around ~3k each on Ravencrest AH).

OR

You can wait it out and slowly grind them from Barn/randomly collecting Primal Spirits for work orders.

Sucks though.

Deleted
    I feel like there are options, but yes - it is a slow grind/time sink and all professions have some measure of "gating" now which make even the low stuff very expensive, which I'm really not a fan of.

Although since bloods can be bought on the AH, technically you can just farm anything for gold and buy them. You can either go out and farm primal spirit, farm gold, or you can sacrifice one of your buildings for a barn.

WoD really is that expansion where your going to need a dedicated gathering at. That includes making use of garrison space. While yes, it is disappointing that this form of gating would be implemented, it has opened up some brand new possibilities. People who've never held more than 10k in their pockets before at any given time can now try their hand at professions with the barn and make tons within weeks (though of course it will die down over time). Overall, I think bloods should be used for higher end crafted stuff rather than all armor and weps.

Deleted
    I don't think of it as a profession blocker, it is just as the spirits of war, hauntin spirit etc. from mop, they were expensive as F*** at the start of the of Mop but slowly they lost value as more people began to get them, the savage blood is the same thing.

Be thankful they aren't a 1 per boss raid drop.

There are multiple avenues to attain these:
    A) Buy them from AH
    B) Put work into alts and get a T3 barn quickly
    C) Farm primal spirits

It's a fair ask and it gives something to work for, it's not insta-gratification like lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Telila where can You buy them for primal spirits ?? I got like 600-800 of those !!!!

update goodleg and You are right THANKS !!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Telila where can You buy them for primal spirits ?? I got like 600-800 of those !!!!

update goodleg and You are right THANKS !!!!
    Vendor in your Garrison. [Alliance]: If you have L3, it's left facing the town hall, if you're L2 it's in the centre next to where the Ingredients list and other vendors are.

Deleted
    They're pain in the arse to farm, which is why their price is high. Beasts that produce them have almost a MILLION hit points and only have about 20% chance to produce one savage blood from Barn work order. To get 15 savage bloods you have to farm up about 75 elite beasts and wait for the work orders to process it all. Did you expected that kind of effort to go for 100 gold each? They're already rather cheap on Silvermoon, 1000-1500 gold.

Crafted gear is also receiving item level boost. Tier3 crafted gear will be equivalent to Heroic Highmaul gear (ilvl 670). I'm going straight for the upgrade tokens on my characters that have actual profession and crafting baseline ilvl 640 epix on characters that have just the garrison plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Esubane i think it should be 5/ilvls upgrades. So 630-->635--->640

Or have BOP versions of items. I miss good old BS BOP items
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    I have 3 level 3 barns and I gain a total of 3 savage blood per day at best. So.. barns are not a good source for savage blood either.

Savage Blood/Primal Spirits replace SoH. Just like SoH you can farm them in limited quantities using the Garrison (if you choose Barn)/Farm (if you chose to plant Songbell seeds). However they're less restrictive in that the Bloods don't soulbind which actually means this system is more flexible than MoP's.

Also, you can go grind face in level 100 areas for PS like you could do with SoH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I have 3 level 3 barns and I gain a total of 3 savage blood per day at best. So.. barns are not a good source for savage blood either.
    He only needs 15 though! That's 5 days for you, less than I was gated making my first LW item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wish I had an alt or two. I have a whopping 2 bloods after 2 weeks of play at level 100, both purchased with primal spirits. Debating on if I should start buying them. They are listed in the AH for a ridiculous 2k+ still on my server. If they were 1K I'd pull the trigger as I have just enough other mats to upgrade my chest from 640 to 655.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Savage Blood price spiked this week. Last week it was 1k on my server and this week it has gone up to 2.5 or 3k. I don't mind though since I have 5 toons gathering primal spirits from their garrisons (you can get them from the mines and herb garden) and I get on average about 1-2 a day. I just sell them.