Deleted

Thinking about coming back - need help to decide.

I used to play a lot during wrath and I loved the expansion. I would say it was nearly perfect. Then cata came, I played during first raid tier and overall it was fun, but then I stopped untill MoP came, played it for couple of days, but I simply couldn't continue. Asian themed setting isn't for me, neither is helping monkeys and insect aliens from district 9. Pet battles also seemed rather pointless, farming as well. It was just bad.

So how is WoD? I think I should give a try at least, but I'm not convinced after so many failures from Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    I used to play a lot during wrath and I loved the expansion. I would say it was nearly perfect. Then cata came, I played during first raid tier and overall it was fun, but then I stopped untill MoP came, played it for couple of days, but I simply couldn't continue. Asian themed setting isn't for me, neither is helping monkeys and insect aliens from district 9. Pet battles also seemed rather pointless, farming as well. It was just bad.

Most definitely, WoD is great.

So how is WoD? I think I should give a try at least, but I'm not convinced after so many failures from Blizzard.
    Care to explain what "failures" blizzard made? Just because you don't like what they made, doesn't mean it was a failure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitskii View Post
    Care to explain what "failures" blizzard made? Just because you don't like what they made, doesn't mean it was a failure.
    I think they are using their resources inefectively. For example instead of creating enough endgame content they focus on rewamping old content for 1-60, pet battles and other nice to have features.

Deleted
    I think they are using their resources inefectively. For example instead of creating enough endgame content they focus on rewamping old content for 1-60, pet battles and other nice to have features.
    Hmm, i agree on the pokemon thing, doesn't fit in wow at all.

Revamping the old content is fine.

Anyway, so far i am enjoying WoD, the leveling experience in Draenor is great, much better and more smooth then any other expansions i have tried so far.

how do you expect people to help you with the decision if you dont give us anything but "wotlk good cata bad" ?

if you like alot (and I mean ALOT, like old timbermaw level of alot) of farming for vanity items, WoD is definitely your thing, if you like raiding, then thats cool, too, but the other raid is not open till like next year or so. If you like nostalgia of the good old w1/2, you will have a massive boner throughout the whole questing...

If you are not a fan of mindnumbing grinds for anything, be it vanity or apexis for gear, then wod is definitely NOT for you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since the end of vanilla, and i i quit early Cata and i didn't touch the game for 3 years. I came back for WoD because i liked blizzards mindset about simplifying stats, abilities etc.
    I didn't expect this expansion to be THIS good. I know it's still early, but i enjoy almost everything about it!

- Simplified stats and reduced numbers.
    - Simplified abilities.
    - The lore and theme of the expansion.
    - Garrisons (even though i don't like the 'facebook game'-way it's working, and that the whole game is building itself around it.)
    - Their new mindset about LFR.
    - etc.

I don't like the apexis grind though.
    And i don't like the way stats are random on many drops and crafted pieces.

But If there is a time to return to WoW as a vet player, it is now. In my opinion. Best expansion since TBC in my eyes.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2014-11-26 at 10:18 AM.

No one can tell you if you'd like it or not and you can read about what's in WoD EVERYWHERE, so no reason to ask about it. Just shell out the cash, buy WoD, play a month and see for yourself.

Deleted
    Yeah it's worth it; maybe consider rolling the free 90 to give you a fresh start in a sense. Playing a new class and doing new things feels quite good and generally the expansion is quite enjoyable.

Deleted

Best thing in years. Now is as good a time as any to come back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navssurtani View Post
    Yeah it's worth it; maybe consider rolling the free 90 to give you a fresh start in a sense. Playing a new class and doing new things feels quite good and generally the expansion is quite enjoyable.
    How do I get free 90?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    how do you expect people to help you with the decision if you dont give us anything but "wotlk good cata bad" ?

if you like alot (and I mean ALOT, like old timbermaw level of alot) of farming for vanity items, WoD is definitely your thing, if you like raiding, then thats cool, too, but the other raid is not open till like next year or so. If you like nostalgia of the good old w1/2, you will have a massive boner throughout the whole questing...

If you are not a fan of mindnumbing grinds for anything, be it vanity or apexis for gear, then wod is definitely NOT for you.
    Hmm you scared me quite a bit, I don't really have much spare time, since I have a life now. I would like to just pvp and raid casually and do some fun things from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a blast, but this is as subjective as it goes. If you're coming back now would be the best time though since raids will only open next week, this way you'll have time to prepare and stay ahead of the curve, securing a nice spot with a raiding guild if you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

The first raid will open next Tuesday, not next year...

Deleted
    What is the best-cheapest place to buy WoD?

This is by far the makings of the best WoW expansion to date.

Better than TBC and even better than Wrath imo.

Welcome back!

Deleted
    if you didnt like pandaria youre not going to like wod, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Winfernal View Post
    Been playing since the end of vanilla, and i i quit early Cata and i didn't touch the game for 3 years. I came back for WoD because i liked blizzards mindset about simplifying stats, abilities etc.
    I didn't expect this expansion to be THIS good. I know it's still early, but i enjoy almost everything about it!

- Simplified abilities.
    - Garrisons (even though i don't like the 'facebook game'-way it's working, and that the whole game is building itself around it.)
    - etc.

But If there is a time to return to WoW as a vet player, it is now. In my opinion. Best expansion since TBC in my eyes.
    I think the vast majority of old WOW players would agree. Everyone has his preferred expansion btw, mostly due to nostalgic of very personal reasons.

But objectively, this is a newer WOW than ANY of those other expansions.

Odd to say this, because the usual suspects will say: only Garrisons ... came in.

The problem is though ... eveything else that was already there is MORE fun and actually better than before.

I think the reason is that many lessons were learned in the past from almost all angles.

WOW Vanilla technically is now far inferior to what we have today and Blizzard stretched it to some extremes even.

I think a player who left in late TBC or late WotlK is in for some really great surprises here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winfernal View Post

- Simplified abilities.
    - etc.

i reserve judgement until i see the raid, but it has potential, most definitely.
    i love the challenge that challenge mode represent. I'm not into time attack, but those are definitely challenging. they can, are and will be cheesed to get gold, but otherwise, they are challenging enough to be entertaining.

I wish they would be more rewarding, like dropping BOP craft material or epic gem like in TBC. I'm effraid, once LFR is out, not many people will be interested in running them since they give access to same level of gear.

i love the idea of 20 man unique format at highest difficulty. Big TBC/WOTLK feeling like when 25 was the end game.

The atmosphere is very TBC in general, love it too.

i wish there were more dungeon though (only 8 i think against 15 in TBC) and that heroic be more challenging.

Deleted
    If you liked WotLK PvP, you'll like it now.
    Last edited by mmoccec923c778; 2014-12-27 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks for the input for those of us also evaluating the xpac.

on previous bad/good features
    I thought the pet battles were fine, and niched for all the nerdy appeal it gives.

Personally, the revamp of old quests and territories were the worst feature ever added to the game for me. I liked the artistic appeal of the zones, and since leveling low areas is such a fast-timed joke anyway, who cares if they aren't streamlined for each zone.

It's still a fun mmo, no matter how you look at it though, just for the social aspect alone.