Poll: Do you focus on "ONE" class, or "MANY" alts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I always start out with one class, then 1 or 2 months later i start getting bored and lvl 2 or 3 alts then switch between them throughout the expansion.

I'm playing a shaman atm, but im planning to lvl my warrior, paladin(my main from 08 until 3-4 months ago), and my druid. I usually play my warlock too, but it ended up being a waste of time in MoP since locks were incredibly boring, and they are even worse in WoD so ill just skip the warlock. I usually lvl up a mage as well but never actually do anything once i reach max lvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played for 4 years as a Warlock. Only a few months ago I decided to create an alt (mainly due to the free boost you get for buying WoD). I barely play on my alt though, he is level 93 only.

Deleted
    One char, one class (my Priest). No alts, not even for Garrison stuff.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-11-26 at 02:10 PM.

All healing classes to 100 for heroics/LFR, main Priest for normal/mythic. Helps me to be very familiar with everyone else's toolkit, beyond just reading about it. Yay kinesthetic learning.

I'm at 3 alts now and will only do 4 max. Each alt adds a lot of daily garrison tasks but they are profitable. Already made a couple hundred thousand from Darkmoon card production on 3 alts alone. I don't plan on gearing up more than just one or two though.

so far 1,5. Maining a MM hunter as always, got garrison lvl 3 and decent gear, did level a mage before though to 100 so I'm trying to at least do some garrison work there, making some crafting and collecting resources. I have no intentions of actually playing that one that much as I'm already ranged dps on my hunter.

Knowing me right I'll soon level either a tank or healer though. Prot warrior seems the most likely soon. Got one at 89.

Currently have two level 100s, one level 92, one level 93 and other 7 are level 90. I really want more healers to be level 100, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered for a long time. I mainly do PvP anyway, so I'll focus on that with my main(Druid).

Banner made by the talented Isilrien!

I don't see where alts are requiring a huge time investment. You can queue up a full day's work orders pretty quickly. At the beginning follower missions are pretty quick, but in the late game most all run for 8-10 hours. I'm not seeing too much to constantly micromanage after they're fully leveled, and the attention required while leveling is to be expected, IMO.

Deleted
    one main on each side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my main (Frost Mage) at level 100 and have been prioritizing gearing him. However I also have 3 other classes at level 92 now (Frost DK, Shadow Priest, Ret Paladin) for the money making profession buildings, daily profession cooldowns, headstart on garrison resource gathering for when I inevitably use them to make moar money, and for the level 3 barn achievement.

I have made 120k so far this expansion without putting in any time grinding (unless you count leveling as grinding).

I got my monk to 100 and geared and ready for raiding, but have 3 alts in garrisons gathering resources and such. Slowly working on my warrior so I can try gladiator dps.(don't care about the 'nerf' recently, it still looks fun!) Plus that way I have a second tank with his offset.

This time around leveling is very easy and dare I say it.. Enjoyable! With casual playing I have 3 toons at or close to 100. I have always been an altoholic/proff mule and was scared that this time alts would be killed off completely. I've been wrong so far. Sure it takes a little more time to do all the daily work orders and such but end result seems like it will be less time spent. And there will be huge profits for keeping up will all your alts.

I've got my main druid at 100 for raiding then I'm leveling a bunch of my alts to 96 to get the herb garden unlocked. It saves a lot of frustration of having to go out and farm herbs.

I have 1 alt for now. Maybe a few more later through the xpac.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is the first one since wolk where I will play only one. I am finding it hard to resist the desire to level one more though.

Reason I want only one is that there are so many things I like to do in the game when I have time and alting just takes away from that.
    Also be master in one instead of jack of all classes.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I'm currently focusing on one character, but I don't have much time to play so that's really my only option. I think it's possible to do alts if you have the time.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

No alts for me in this particular expansion. I wanted to do this to focus and see how far I can get with just one option available to me. The prune making quite a few classes no longer interesting made this decision rather easy anyhow.

If I feel the need to run 2 or more characters, I'm either playing too much, or there's not really enough content to justify a sub fee... however one wants to look at it.

I'm playing about 8 characters right now. >_>
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I'll be leveling 3 or 4 of my 90s up to use their Garrison as the very least. I'm in the process of getting them to Garrison level 2 so I can start running missions and to stock pile resources.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church