Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Windows 8 Tablet creates a zoomed-in window when touching certain areas

I tried posting this on the microsoft forums but they seem to be very slow.

When I'm trying to type in my password or fullscreen a video, instead of touching the screen selecting the field or fullscreening the video, it will create a small window which displays a zoomed in version of the area I touched. This is very annoying doesn't actually let me fullscreen or enter my password. Also sometimes instead of switching from the e-mail to password text fields it will assume I just want to copy text.

Don't know a whole lot about touch-screen stuff, but it sounds like it's registering your "tap" as a "hold". Perhaps there is a setting that does this or maybe a problem with the screen itself? I'm just guessing here but that is what it sounds like.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Holding the touch screen creates a right-click. Also this pop-up zoomed-in box only applies to certain fields such as passwords or going fullscreen.

I got a similar thing that happens with password boxes on my phone, it zooms in to the box and has me type in the password or whatever and then there is a button on the keyboard that takes you to the next input box and usually there is a way to cancel the zoom(not sure if your tablet has a dedicated "back" button like my phone does) and return to where you were before it zoomed into the input box.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

It does this usually when too many links are close together. Click the link you want again in the zoomed box and you'll usually get what you want.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    My problem is clicking in the zoomed box does absolutely nothing. Is there a known way to disable this?