Thoughts: Add Rune Tap to Crimson Scourge?

Rune Tap currently has the same rune cost as Blood Boil, and Crimson Scourge currently gives a free BB or DnD/Defile. What do you guys think of CS making RT free if you have a charge available? I know it would be nice if you had that extra chance to use a CD if your runes were on cooldown.

It would give that proc a little more dynamic than just an extra bit of damage, plus if I recall correctly, RT is off the GCD and you'd be able to use the proc without it interfering with your rotation.
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

That would be a nice quality of life change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the chances of you needing to use RT while not having a Blood Rune up AND having this ability proc should be extremely rare, so I don't see it being all that helpful for 99% of the situations, however, like the above poster said, it would be a slight quality of life improvement.

I suggest fixing other abilities before implementing this one *coughcontrolundeadstilluselesscough*
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessary but would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kc102 View Post
    Rune Tap currently has the same rune cost as Blood Boil, and Crimson Scourge currently gives a free BB or DnD/Defile. What do you guys think of CS making RT free if you have a charge available? I know it would be nice if you had that extra chance to use a CD if your runes were on cooldown.

It would give that proc a little more dynamic than just an extra bit of damage, plus if I recall correctly, RT is off the GCD and you'd be able to use the proc without it interfering with your rotation.
    Giving a free proc damage reduction CD to a tank is not a good idea at all, every time it proc we would use RT isntead cause you want to get full damage in teh face when we can have a free CD to use, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    Giving a free proc damage reduction CD to a tank is not a good idea at all, every time it proc we would use RT isntead cause you want to get full damage in teh face when we can have a free CD to use, right?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. The RT would still have the 2 charges/30 sec limitation.
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

Deleted
    I can't see this really being a worthwhile change for anything but fights where for some reason you aren't able to predict damage and pool runes accordingly. If it doesn't follow the charge/cd system then it risks bring too strong if we get some nice RNG. As much as I think it would be a nice change it would probably not be worth much in the long run apart from teaching new/bad DKs to actually use the ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=90174/d...e#triggered-by

Paladins get it :-)