Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    With the level of interrupts today honestly why fake cast? I think meta game will realize its far better for a DPS to NEVER fake cast...your healer will thank you!
    This is actually a good point.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKoil View Post
    Cataclysm

Just like in Cataclysm, there is nothing to do but stand in a city / garrison and queue for things. Heroic dungeons are still too hard for most players, so if you don't want a toxic experience, you need to queue with guildies.

Dailies? There are pet dailies, and one Apexis daily. I don't do pets, so Apexis takes 20 minutes.

Garrison? Sure I'll send my followers on missions, grab work orders, start new ones. Takes 5 minutes.

Heroics? They are getting better, but without guildies they tend to be toxic failures, and as a DPS I have to wait in queue a long time just to deal with that. Plus, the dungeons (other than a few) are boring and annoying. The wind circle in Skyreach is a good example of annoying. It isn't fun. It isn't challenging. It just slows everyone down.

Ashran? Bugged to shit on my realm. Unwinnable more often than not. Leader NPCs despawn randomly. The faction elites bug out and are useless. Plus the only team that wins is the other faction.

Grinding? It's mindless and boring, plus the daily Apexis quest will get me exalted with everyone eventually.

Molten Core? Ha! Talk about Toxic. I tried this three times, instant queues each time because I went with tanking and/or healing guildies. I've spent a total of about 3 hours in there in my three trips, and I've killed one boss. The "Let's pull all of the trash, plus a boss" idiocy is just ridiculous.

Now, not everyone is as far as I and my guildies are. We are *not* a hardcore raiding guild. We are however a small group of people who used to play in a 25M hard mode / heroic raiding guild that killed everything from TBC through various points in Cata as people slowly quit.

We had all finished leveling by the end of the first weekend. By the end of the second weekend we all had 630/636 is at least 10 slots, plus the 680 ring. Now there is nothing for us to do but 5 minutes of Garrison work twice per day, one Apexis daily, and that's it. It's just like Cataclysm, there's nothing to do.
    I agree, it feels very Cataclysmic. Also, the story is all over the place, the Iron Horde doesn't seem dangerous, and aren't even in half the zones really, nor do you even get to meet these Warlords, aside from a few times, and you kill half of them on day one... Urgh. It's basically back to square one, but that's what you get for listening to loud-mouthed nostalgic twats, instead of trying to do something new and progressive.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

no-flying

(my opinion)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    I...I kind of like it. Sorry!
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Garrisons.

Why do we need this BS? I do not want to concentrate on anything else than my character, though I have to admit, that I don't know much about garrisons, after leveling two chars to 100. Gonna have to read one of those 50 page guides sooner or later... but for the moment, I do not understand the system, the reasons for it's existence and whether I have a disadvantage or not in PvP if I completely ignore garrisons. No idea.
    It's been said many times, it has zero effect on rated PvP, like the professions I've spent thousands on, they no longer give you ANY stat-gains you can make use of in rated PvP.

I've levelled 2 chars to 100 (both are actually alts) and maintaining this Garrison BS became a pain very quickly indeed, the novelty will wear off soon and they'll be as much use as Dalaran is today.

Serious PvP'ers don't need golds anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    and it was called world of wizardcraft last expansion. deal with it.
    I was about to sleep...saw that post.
    i'll try answer calmly...
    Last expansion...MoP...Warrior rekd anything that charged.deathKnights..nough said. Hunters at least till the last season...AT LEAST...
    Retri for at least 2 seasons....was redbull,gives you winz :P . the only melee that didn't play , again not at all, but had it's ups and downs was the rogue if i recall and again it wasn't the worst thing you could play...ever.
    The only caster that was good throughout the exp was actually..Mage.
    Except if you mean healers also...in which case most of them were somewhat over the top.
    But last EXPANSION was not world of wizardcraft... a season maybe...
    And this expansion won't be world of meleecraft also. maybe the 1st season will be melee dominated...but here we go again, EVERY expansion has the same start...

OT:
    Learn to fake cast. Interrupts are a huge part of the metagame now.

On the cataclysm feeling: Hell no. The quest lines of WoD story telling method is miles better than cata (which was not bad either). I haven't had much trouble, on heroic dungeons, but I might have been lucky, I do try to use all the toolset of my class and have saved a load of wipes. Finally: skirmishes = infinite fun!

On MoP being a melee expansion... Melee only shined on the second season. The last two seasons which were by far the longest ones were dominated by casters.
    Representation on last season:
    Ranged: 39,8
    Melee: 26,7

Also, only viable melee comp was turbo cleave, ranged had God Comp, Shatterplay, LSD, LSD 2.0, Harvest cleave and MLS.

Personaly I disagree, with the garrison there's always stuff do. Also, like the poster above me mentioned, the dungeons forces us to use all of our tools to succeed. Hell , I hadn't used Demoralizing Shout for years in dungeons and I was forced to in Upper Blackrock Spire on the dragon boss because the tank was taking too much damage. I dont know a thing about PvP so I wont comment on that but, after trying everything the garrison has to offer, I think there is much content to keep us busy until the raids are open.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    druids. still retarded
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    not relative to PVP but for me Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    OT:
    Learn to fake cast. Interrupts are a huge part of the metagame now.
    but my point is just that, seeing how interrupts are a huge part of the metagame now, so much so, as a DPS Wizard you should NEVER fake cast....your healer will thank you.

The season has yet to start but I'm betting players will be reaching to that conclusion very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    No it's not, it's called Warlords of Draenor, and at least one of them is a Warlock...
    And another is a Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    ADDICTING! I get sucked in way too much since WoD launched. So much to do, I can't even play an alt because I actually want to max my main now.

I guess the real 'badjective' would have to be QUEUES. Lots of downtime on peak hours, etc. Other than that, having tons of fun. Blizz really improved every major aspect of the game (especially professions) and WoD is a great product (when it runs).

its better this way, more tense to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    I was about to sleep...saw that post.
    i'll try answer calmly...
    Last expansion...MoP...Warrior rekd anything that charged.deathKnights..nough said. Hunters at least till the last season...AT LEAST...
    Retri for at least 2 seasons....was redbull,gives you winz :P . the only melee that didn't play , again not at all, but had it's ups and downs was the rogue if i recall and again it wasn't the worst thing you could play...ever.
    The only caster that was good throughout the exp was actually..Mage.
    Except if you mean healers also...in which case most of them were somewhat over the top.
    But last EXPANSION was not world of wizardcraft... a season maybe...
    And this expansion won't be world of meleecraft also. maybe the 1st season will be melee dominated...but here we go again, EVERY expansion has the same start...
    Destro lock and shadow priests rocked in the beginning, and affli rocked after that in 3s.
    I grant it wasn't world of wizardcraft, but casters wasn't weak either. Just warrior that was completely out of control in the end.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    In One Word Why This Expac Is Bad....
    Garrison

It's an instanced, solo time sink that as nothing to do in a MMO.

Instead of asking your blacksmith in /trade for an armor, you do it yourself.
    Instead of questing with a friend, you hire a bodyguard npc.
    Instead of playing your gatherer alt to farm ores and flowers in the wild, you get enough for your daily cooldown in 5 minutes in your own mine/garden.

If AT LEAST it has some customization so you feel its your home but nooooo: *everyone* get the exact same one minus a couple of buildings.