Thread: Is it me or..

Is it me or..

Is it me or am I just losing to every single class I duel against as Gladiator Stance. I'm having a extremely hard time dueling against DKS, Rogues, Hunters. Granted I haven't been playing warrior that long till now. My main is a Rogue but I am not that bad of a player. I know the basics of what to do. Any tips and tricks? or am I suppose to be having this much trouble?

Not to troll but how can you say you're losing to every class if you've only duelled 3?...

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsblood View Post
    Not to troll but how can you say you're losing to every class if you've only duelled 3?...
    I didn't say I only dueled three classes. Those are just the 3 I'm having a hard time with.

So you're having trouble with three classes, not all classes.

That isn't unusual. Especially as duels aren't a very good measure of balance or skill considering the CDs that can be popped.

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're losing to Rogues in duels in Glad stance?

You're doing something wrong.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You're losing to Rogues in duels in Glad stance?

You're doing something wrong.
    Well I've never played a warrior really and I'm dueling against pretty good players. 2k+ rating.

You're dueling against 2k+ rated players on a class that you have very little knowledge of beyond the basics and are complaining about not blowing up all other players like a god? I can't write anymore on this, I went cross-eyed just from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    You're dueling against 2k+ rated players on a class that you have very little knowledge of beyond the basics and are complaining about not blowing up all other players like a god? I can't write anymore on this, I went cross-eyed just from that.
    Who said I was complaining about not being able to blow up all the players like God? Please point to where I said that. I believe you cannot read well sir. All I was wanting were maybe a few pointers on playing Gladiator Stance. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread I suggest not posting in this thread at all.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessWoW View Post
    Who said I was complaining about not being able to blow up all the players like God? Please point to where I said that. I believe you cannot read well sir. All I was wanting were maybe a few pointers on playing Gladiator Stance. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread I suggest not posting in this thread at all.
    You're wondering why you're losing.

Then you tell us you're duelling skilled players, while you yourself are playing a class you aren't familiar with...

What do you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    You're wondering why you're losing.

Then you tell us you're duelling skilled players, while you yourself are playing a class you aren't familiar with...

What do you expect?
    With that said you do not even throw out any tips to this thread. I'm just asking for help which you or him fail to even do. So why post? If you aren't going to help don't post at all? What do you not get? I said I am not familiar with the class. Right. So why not throw out some pointers with the classes I'm having trouble with instead of trying to argue points with what someone else had said.
    Last edited by RuthlessWoW; 2014-11-26 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can beat 90% of Rogues that don't have a pillar to run behind. If there is a pillar, you're chances of winning drop significantly because no matter what you do, the Rogue will be able to enter and leave combat when he wants to. World class Rogues will always beat you because the Warrior class itself is gimped at the meta level of 1v1's.

You'll be able to take down most Hunters and DK's, but the actual good ones you'll never beat. Hunters actually have the ability to kite you forever and a DK with good resource usage will be able to outheal your damage. Unholy DK's in particular will absolutely shit on you just by using the 40 second gargoyle and transformed pet burst. It's just too much pressure to the point where you will basically be forced to use most if not all of your defensive cool downs.

The problem with Warriors is that every other melee either runs faster than you or has a better slow than you... or even both. No matter how many gap closers this class has, a good player playing a faster class will be able to kite you when needed and attack you when its safe. In other words, they basically control the fight nearly 100% of the time.

When I play Gladiator I always try and abuse the shit out of Shield Barrier to make the fight go on as long as possible. If you're able to use 2-3 enraged regenerations/demo shouts in one duel, it means you're doing it right. Generating as much Rage as possible will net you more Shield Barriers that you can use to stay alive longer.

Using Storm Bolt and Intimidating Shout are also great defensive options to prolong the fight. The longer the fight goes on, the more it swings in your favor because classes like Rogues and Paladins completely depend on cool downs. When they start running out of cool downs, it basically puts the fight more in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessWoW View Post
    With that said you do not even throw out any tips to this thread. I'm just asking for help which you or him fail to even do. So why post? If you aren't going to help don't post at all? What do you not get? I said I am not familiar with the class. Right. So why not throw out some pointers with the classes I'm having trouble with instead of trying to argue points with what someone else had said.
    Here is a tip then, read some class guides:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269668971#1

2nd tip: Don't duel 2k+ while unfamiliar with a class