Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I do not drink coffee at all, I did in college, but am many years past those days. I don't need it. I love getting up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because I have no need to. Why would I spend time and money on making coffee daily when I can just get a glass of water? My job is high paced enough that even sluggish mornings evaporate rapidly. It is a superfluous expense, and thus is not necessary.
    I completely agree however I can't stop since I've been drinking coffee for so long. I get headaches and I'm listless all day. Is there a caffeine patch?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I live? Yes. Would I want to live? No. I'm very sensitive to caffein. Once I start drinking, I have to keep drinking it. I went about three months without it, and had withdrawls every few days. Or they were migraines and the daily caffein stopped me from getting them. At any rate, I feel a lot better back on coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I completely agree however I can't stop since I've been drinking coffee for so long. I get headaches and I'm listless all day. Is there a caffeine patch?
    What started my coffee habit is that we have a coffeemaker in our kitchen area at work. 5 days a week, the coffee is free. The k-cup dispenser I have at home was a gift. So I don't spend a lot of money on it. If it was a cost issue, i wouldn't drink it so much. It's not like I go to Starbucks but maybe two or three times a year.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

I drink one of these almost every morning:

Been a long while since I've had a regular coffee though. If I do, I just want it straight with no cream or anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Now ask us if we can live with out a shower in the morning, you might have something.
    Now this I would struggle with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    How to make real coffee.

Buy a French Press.
    Buy a Coffee Grinder.
    Buy WHOLE Coffee Beans.
    Grind your Beans IMMEDIATELY before use (they loose a lot of flavor within 15 minutes).
    I agree for the most part..
    There's no loss noticeable after 15 min.. Not at all, if you keep it stored locked and dry.
    The coffee grinder is the key tool..
    You can try for yourself with the mass products.
    The answer is given by science and math. American coffee off the shelves has one big flaw. It's consistency. Properly grind coffee has the consistency of flour. In order to get better taste, just grind the coffee they offer, be it Folgers, Maxwell, whatever...
    Now why science? Simple.... The particle size.. One grain of coffee off the shelves offers a lot less surface than the same grain broken down to flour consistency. The more surface, the more flavor.
    Do that, and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top, then brew your coffee... Then experience the difference in taste.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."