Deleted

Assassination Rogue

Any hardcore raider longtime assassination rogue have some advanced tips for assassination rogue? I've played it for a little while so I know the basic rotation but is there any advanced tips I should keep track on? For example, best way to take advantage of Empowered Envenom (30% increased damage to Mutilate and Dispatch) etc.

Take Venom Rush talent, and Glyph of Energy. When you get to 5 combo points, wait until your energy is near capped and then hit envenom, trying to get in as many fillers as you can while the buff is up, as long as you don't go over 5 Anticipation stacks. If Anticipation stacks are going to go over cap, then wait for the Envenom buff to fall off, as long as your energy isn't going to cap, and then Envenom again. Refresh Rupture whenever is it <= 7 seconds remaining. Repeat.

Always try wait until you have 5 combo points to Envenom, same with Rupture, unless Rupture is about to fall off, then refresh it with whatever amount of combo points that you have.

Deleted
    Why take Venom Rush over Shadow Reflection? Just curious because alot of other places are putting SR at higher dps than the other 2 for assa.

Yes, Shadow Reflection is better for single target, unless you can get your poisons applied to more than one target, which happens a lot in dungeons. Raids aren't out yet, so it will depend on the fight at that point.

Deleted
    Single target (boss):
    1. Open with Mutilate out of stealth. (Always use the talent that reduces energy cos in stealth, it is VITAL to our burst damage.)
    2. Get 5 cp's.
    3. Pool 60-70% energy (some energy will regen during the global cooldowns you use to pop your CD's)
    4. Pop Shadow Reflection > 5 CP Rupture > Vendetta (Shadow Reflection will extend the duration of Vendetta and copy Rupture)
    5. At this point you should have full energy or close, ready to SPAM as many abilites out as you can before Shadow Reflections runs out. (ideally atleast 2 Envenoms)
    6. When shadow reflection ends, you will want to be pooling your energy, so when you use Envenom, you have available energy to cast Mutilate/Dispatch with the 30% buff.
    7. Keep rupture up with 100% uptime.

Remember, if there is an extra add in the fight it is well worth it to throw a 5 CP Rupture on it, for extra energy regen. Each tick gives you 10, per target.
    Last edited by mmoc02442228ec; 2014-11-27 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganthar View Post
    Single target (boss):
    1. Open with ambush. (Always use the talent that reduces energy cos in stealth, it is VITAL to our burst damage.)
    2. Get 5 cp's.
    3. Pool 60-70% energy (some energy will regen during the global cooldowns you use to pop your CD's)
    4. Pop Shadow Reflection > 5 CP Rupture > Vendetta (Shadow Reflection will extend the duration of Vendetta and copy Rupture)
    5. At this point you should have full energy or close, ready to SPAM as many abilites out as you can before Shadow Reflections runs out. (ideally atleast 2 Envenoms)
    6. When shadow reflection ends, you will want to be pooling your energy, so when you use Envenom, you have available energy to cast Mutilate/Dispatch with the 30% buff.
    7. Keep rupture up with 100% uptime.

Remember, if there is an extra add in the fight it is well worth it to throw a 5 CP Rupture on it, for extra energy regen. Each tick gives you 10, per target.
    Does ShR have its' own Rupture bleed?
    Why Ambush? Isn't Mut ever so slightly ahead in damage +the ability to proc a blindside?
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2014-11-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Does ShR have its' own Rupture bleed?
    Yes, it does. So you'll have 2 Ruptures up. The burst of Assassination Rogues is quite competitive at the moment if executed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Why Ambush? Isn't Mut every so slightly ahead in damage +the ability to proc a blindside?
    You are absolutely correct. That was a mistype from my part. Fixed

Yes, it does. So you'll have 2 Ruptures up. The burst of Assassination Rogues is quite competitive at the moment if executed correctly.

You are absolutely correct. That was a mistype from my part. Fixed
    This is a good nugget of information. I don't know why I thought it was to the otherwise, despite not ever testing it myself or seeing proof online. Thanks

Deleted
    I know ShR is better than Venom Rush single target, at least theoretically. But if you for any reason - sloppyness or mechanical - you can't apply ShR precisely on cooldown, wouldn't a passive like Venom Rush beat it? According to Icy veins, ShR is like 3% ahead of VR. Shouln't require much making mistakes for VR to pass ShR in efficiency.

Or am I wrong here?

At this moment I find myself energy starved in heroics so I have gone VR over ShR. I have actually tried all 3 level 100 talents and just personal preference took me towards VR.

As gear levels increase though I am sure I will switch to ShR at somepoint.

The best way to use ShR is to macro it to your Vendetta. So both go off at same time giving you maximum benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    The best way to use ShR is to macro it to your Vendetta. So both go off at same time giving you maximum benefit.
    They both trigger global cooldown, so casting them at the exact same time is not possible. Just remember to always do Shadow Reflection BEFORE Vendetta so you get the extended-duration of Vendetta.

They both trigger global cooldown, so casting them at the exact same time is not possible. Just remember to always do Shadow Reflection BEFORE Vendetta so you get the extended-duration of Vendetta.
    What? No.

I've been using

#showtooltip Vendetta
    /cast Shadow Reflection
    /cast Vendetta
    and it works just fine.

Deleted
    How does Mutilate come ahead of Ambush in damage? They have about the same base damage but Ambush is increased by 40% with a dagger equipped and Mutilate can only get an increase of 30% through envenom but in your opener you wont have that, the Mutilate chance of proccing blindside might get slightly ahead during vanish since you might have the 30% increase but in the opener ambush should be stronger, should it not?

edit: Is it not better to get to 9-10 combo points pop vendetta and Shadow Reflection to get both a rupture and an envenom off immediately?
    Last edited by mmocba87914f71; 2014-11-27 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    try doing just a single opener ambush and muti attack on a dummy. You will see that 1x mutilate + 1x mutilate (offhand) damage will roughly equal that of 1x ambush for 5 less energy and a chance at dispatch proc.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    try doing just a single opener ambush and muti attack on a dummy. You will see that 1x mutilate + 1x mutilate (offhand) damage will roughly equal that of 1x ambush for 5 less energy and a chance at dispatch proc.
    + twice the chance to proc poisons

As of right now, should assassination rogues be using mastery or crit gems?

My rogues ilvl is 637.

- - - Updated - - -

also, is anticipation that much better than MfD?

Quote Originally Posted by shrewdestunitmover View Post
    As of right now, should assassination rogues be using mastery or crit gems?

My rogues ilvl is 637.

- - - Updated - - -

At that item level, your stat weights for Mastery, Crit, and Multistrike are probably all very close. There's no definitive answer, just general rules. Get your statweights (from Shadowcraft) and buy gems and enchants based on that.

Right now mine are:

Agility 1.102
    Multistrike 0.388
    Crit 0.382
    Mastery 0.370
    Versatility 0.318
    Haste 0.295

If I changed my +Mastery gems to +Multistrike, the value for Multistrike would go down a tiny bit and Mastery would rise.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

this is what i have:

http://i.imgur.com/WmPeJh9.png

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Here is what I'm given :

http://imgur.com/dwZc3DB

So this means It's worth more to gem multistrike, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    keklord youll want crit