Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Salvage yard level 3 can drop BoE world epics. Or any amount of low level junk. I even got a lvl 16 rare ring. It was intended for transmog, but, really, kinda flopped when it started giving me lvl 42 trinkets like Ankh of Life.
    Someone on my realm got a Teebu's. All kinds of rare stuff coming out of them. It seems level 3 is pretty much "can contain any BoE world drop from any expansion."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved the thread to a fitting subforum, Professions And Garrisons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I was thinking that upgrading the Salvage Yard to level 3 would increase the chance for follower upgrade items, but it feels like it's the complete opposite. I'm even considering downgrading my Salvage Yard to level 2. Level 3 has been way worse for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have honestly considered the same. I used to swim in follower upgrades, now i'm swimming in random lvl 70-80 greens instead... I've received 1 epic (lvl 80 legs) and 1 blue (lvl 94 helmet).
    since i upgraded i've gotten a total of two followerupgrades from about 20 big crate of salvage...
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Its just RNG. Downgrading your salvage yard wont help and would be a total waste. I myself am opening around 25 big crates a day and im swimming in follower upgrades to the point that I dont know what to use it on. Just wait till you are lucky the drop rate of rank 3 boxes for follower gear for sure didnt get lower.

I already got about 100 boxes, no 665 yet, just RNG, maybe tomorrow I get 2 of them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Someone on my realm got a Teebu's. All kinds of rare stuff coming out of them. It seems level 3 is pretty much "can contain any BoE world drop from any expansion."
    Ive got copelands clarity (big money)... that was good, then i got some weird level 20 stuff i dont remember the name, the dusk blade and wangs cowl... silly stuff... salvage yard 3 is just chance to drop everything it seems :P

oh and ive got 5 goredrenched armor, 1 weapon and several 630 blue ones of both... and i have bag half full of upgrades because i get so many of them, that i cant decide what to use them on anymore, as ive gone through all my "best" followers to 645, now the scrubs are left :P
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2014-11-27 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlim View Post
    I was thinking that upgrading the Salvage Yard to level 3 would increase the chance for follower upgrade items, but it feels like it's the complete opposite. I'm even considering downgrading my Salvage Yard to level 2. Level 3 has been way worse for me.
    dont consider - considering is waste of time u could spend on getign followers upgrades - tried slv jard 3 and it was giving me 10 times less folowers upgrades then lv 2 one - rebuild it asap untill blizzard fixes it - tier 3 of this building is only good for gold making on transmog freaks for garrison purposes it utter garbage. and about 665 epic - it has the same drop chance as random lv 90 mob just outside of garrison so just meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    Its just RNG. Downgrading your salvage yard wont help and would be a total waste. I myself am opening around 25 big crates a day and im swimming in follower upgrades to the point that I dont know what to use it on. Just wait till you are lucky the drop rate of rank 3 boxes for follower gear for sure didnt get lower.
    see those are stories i just dont belive - i had tier 3 for 4 days cause i wanted to give it a chance i really did - but over those days i got 7! crates with flollworrs upgrades rest was just green vendor junk - when i downgraded i got over 20 folowers upgrades (including 3 545 sets) in 1 day so ye i call bs on what u claim about tier 3 drop rates
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-11-27 at 01:49 PM.

Tier 3 has been fine for follower upgrades for me, I experienced waht felt like a nerf before I upgraded (in both salvage chance and chance of any loot appearing). I'd also like to see your source on the ilvl 665 epics, considering a lot of people seem to be getting them (moreso than out in the world)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I was contemplating to whether it was worth having lvl 3 salvage yard but then I got an ilvl 665 epic in the crate...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    - it has the same drop chance as random lv 90 mob just outside of garrison so just meh

eh no it has a MUCH higer chance

Your random lvl90 mob does not drop blue BOE items every 5 kills.

Deleted
    I've gotten slightly less follower gear from lvl 3 salvage yard but not overly that I would think it's not just rng at play.

The Salvage Yard is RNG central. Using it as a reliable source for anything is folly. I built it because I had a spare small building slot, but I never expected anything from it. As a result I have occasionally been pleasantly surprised, but never disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Moved the thread to a fitting subforum, Professions And Garrisons.
    You must have got that message on CTRL-V by now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    The Salvage Yard is RNG central. Using it as a reliable source for anything is folly. I built it because I had a spare small building slot, but I never expected anything from it. As a result I have occasionally been pleasantly surprised, but never disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

You must have got that message on CTRL-V by now? :P
    If you arn't using a salvage yard as a reliable source for follower gear, then what IS a reliable source of follower gear?? It seems by far the best gearing option when comparing it with the other 2 options that exist (missions that reward follower items pop up maiby once or twice a day, bunker gives only ~1-2 upgrades per day. Per day you can easily obtain 40 salvage boxes if you start missions non-stop. This will certainly give you more then 1-2 upgrades, even with the most terrible rng on the planet.

There really is no other source for follower gear than the salvage yard. I actually just replaced my warr mill because it was simply not worth the 20 resources for a 4 hour work order that will reward scraps at the end. 40 boxes a day seems a bit over kill I have never gotten over 30 and im doing missions all the time every day. But believe me or not im getting shit loads of stuff from the salvage yard, upgraded to tier 3 sunday and got my first 665 yesterday. I have 5 followers with ilvl 645 and 3 on 630 and completed the highmaul raid mission for 655 loot a few days back just because of this awesome salvage yard!

Deleted
    I've been using level 2 for a week or so and it seems fine for me, gearing up 2 level 100 epics to 650 ilvl. Why would it get worse with a higher level?

Deleted
    From my anecdotal experience from myself and friends, the follower items seem to decrease in the 3rd box because the loot table seems much larger - it has a chance for a lot of extra stuff, including very nice BoE pieces. Therefore if you purely want to upgrade followers it MIGHT be better to stay at level 2 because with a small loot table, there will be a greater % of follower items (but not necessarily the best follower items, although I did get a few "instant upgrade to level 630" items from level 2 which was nice). If you want a chance at actual valuable items then you want level 3, but be aware that with a large loot table getting the exact item you want will be a lot more RNG.

It might have a bigger loot table but you will also get more items inside the box. The small crate gives like 1 item at a time and the big crate gives me usually 3-5 items mostly greens and blues. Also possible of getting multiple follower upgrades in one big crate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's impossible to properly gauge, so when you get unlucky after going to level 3, ESPECIALLY after reading about the supposed "lower overall chance" to get follower gear, the myth reinvigorates itself.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's impossible to properly gauge, so when you get unlucky after going to level 3, ESPECIALLY after reading about the supposed "lower overall chance" to get follower gear, the myth reinvigorates itself.
    Mysteries of the human mind. Perception of reality through psychological illusions.