Ask Mr. Robot WW Stat Weights

This post is also a reply to another thread, but I didn't want to totally derail that thread. Instead I intend for this to be a place for folks here to discuss the weights I am creating for WW monks on our site.

Here is the post where I go into detail about how we use SimC to create the stat weights:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30777855

I re-calculated the weights with the latest SimC build (603-12). I calculated weights for both Chi Brew/Serenity and Ascension/Chi Explosion.

I do wonder if there is a problem with the action priority list in SimC, though... since I am seeing the same total DPS against 3 targets with the Chi Brew/Serenity talents as I get against one target. Is WW monk really that bad in AoE without Chi Explosion? According to SimC... you could use the Chi Brew/Serenity weights and just switch to Ascension/Chi Explosion for multi-target fights and do way more damage, regardless of the fact that your gear doesn't have much Haste on it. You lose maybe... 4% of your potential multi-target DPS by not being optimized for that build. But, your single target damage with Chi Brew/Serenity is more than 10% higher than with the Chi Explosion build.

I'd say go with the Multi>Crit>Haste weights if you don't want to build up two sets of gear.

You'll see my weights in an update later today or tomorrow. Here they are for reference, though:
    Chi-Brew/Serenity Single Target Weights:
    Code:
    Agility                   6.05
    AttackPower               5.50
    Multistrike               3.00
    CriticalStrike            2.60
    Haste                     2.50
    Versatility               2.40
    Mastery                   1.50
    Ascension/Chi Explosion Multi-Target Weights:
    Code:
    Agility                   5.95
    AttackPower               5.40
    Haste                     3.40
    Multistrike               3.20
    CriticalStrike            2.40
    Versatility               2.35
    Mastery                   1.30
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by revulva View Post
    I do wonder if there is a problem with the action priority list in SimC, though... since I am seeing the same total DPS against 3 targets with the Chi Brew/Serenity talents as I get against one target.
    I don't use SimC, but I can tell you that this should not be the case, pretty much ever. Using SEF on the other two targets should result in at least a 65% increase in dps. Even if SEF isn't accounted for, if the targets are close to each other FoF should do about 66% more damage on 3 targets as opposed to one. This isn't counting optimal use of TEB or lining trinkets up.

Hopefully Hinalover and Rotund will be able to stop in here. They have both done a lot of theory crafting and independently come up with stats that are quite close, and differ from yours somewhat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rev, I think part of the issue, is the fact that I never got around to implementing Storm, Earth, and Fire. That is a big undertaking (thus need extra help from the other devs on adding in "pets" to the module). I've started the work, but I really need to sit down and get it going. There should be SOME cleave due to FoF and Xuen doing AoE damage.

But otherwise, yes beyond 3 targets, Chi Explosion wins out.

Deleted
    linking some more testing done to get a kind of ranking on trinkets:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30838963

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly stick to Brotund's spreadsheet when comparing stat weights - which I know SimC more or less agrees with. The ones from AMR are *quite* different from what I see in 630 gear.

And, yes, ChEx is the go-to for multi-target fights.

I can definitely see Chi Explosion as the go-to talent for AoE, but, you should still be seeing decent AoE damage without it. From what Hinalover indicated, it sounds like there are a few mechanics that still need to be implemented into SimC for cleave situations. I'll be on the lookout for that and incorporate it into our analysis when it is ready.

Alysmera - It is my belief that the method I am using to create weights will result in the best DPS possible when using SimC to evaluate the results. In the post I linked regarding my methods, I did mention that I create weights for higher gear levels than 630. In general, people want to know what gear they should be trying to get from raids, so that is the question I focus on. I don't know if that accounts for all the differences you are seeing, but it is worth noting.

I am not familiar with Brotund's spreadsheet, but I'd certainly be willing to incorporate a stat weight preset that incorporates other models of the monk class if those models are highly regarded and vetted by a number of people. I can't really speak to whether or not it does or should match up with SimC. The problem with incorporating spreadsheet-type models is that there is no way for me to do anywhere near as complete an analysis as I do with SimC, since I can't write a program for each specific spreadsheet that will plug in hundreds of different sets of gear for testing, like I do with SimC. We could maybe work together to find an in between method for using the spreadsheet model if folks want to see a set of weights specific to that model.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Sorry but I still haven't found a solid answer: when using chiex do you use jab as combo builder or spinning crane kick for 3+ targets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rained View Post
    Sorry but I still haven't found a solid answer: when using chiex do you use jab as combo builder or spinning crane kick for 3+ targets?
    You use Jab. Spinning Crane Kick and RJW can be used, but due to the fact that it only generates 1 chi, the rotation will feel very wonky.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic. If your post doesn't have to do with aiding revulva with improving stat weights for AMR, please post somewhere else.