Deleted

Less than a week left for raid and still unsure what spec to play!

I'm still unsure what to spec to raid with. I have giving Gladiator spec a chance but the whole rotation seems to be so clumsy and unnatural in a raid environment. I also tried Fury which resulted in dead second where I didn't have to do anything to get rage. Have yet to test Arms. But people say that is shit also. But according to simcraft they shouldn't be that bad, dps wise, compared to gladiators. Anyone please enlighten us!
    Last edited by mmoc1406f1c7ef; 2014-11-27 at 08:26 AM.

glad stance was by far the best and most fun to play due to having more than 2 buttons since glad has a lot more spells. also simcraft is not to be trusted.

Deleted
    While testing Gladiator stance in HC's I felt weak in terms of incoming damage. Felt I required more healing than other classes. Just felt bad.

Cant say I'm happy about my Fury's performance. Yay! for nerfs based on level 90 content...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    While testing Gladiator stance in HC's I felt weak in terms of incoming damage. Felt I required more healing than other classes. Just felt bad.

Cant say I'm happy about my Fury's performance. Yay! for nerfs based on level 90 content...
    Exactly, because of Gladiators high intense gaming style I'm also getting hurt alot when doing Heroic's. And no, I'm no retard and can avoid fire on ground. But there's something to the playing style thats riff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    Exactly, because of Gladiators high intense gaming style I'm also getting hurt alot when doing Heroic's. And no, I'm no retard and can avoid fire on ground. But there's something to the playing style thats riff.
    It's extremely similar to 5.4 fury in the sense that you've got 2 windows in which to dump as much damage into and then 'ramp up' time although now you have the added bonus of needing to watch US.

Imo it's really fun, if you're taking more damage its because you're standing in stuff, you take a tiny bit more damage because wall isn't as good as Defensive Stance and Die By THe Sword but... Other than that I don't really see the huge difference.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would give Fury an honest shot if it didn't stick to the trend of being a late bloomer, have the weapons and gearset in my bags but I am just not enjoying it with such low crit. I've given Arms a try and it gives some okay numbers in aoe environment but it's just so....bland. Gladiator is great and I never feel as though I regret my decision of rolling it as my main even though I'm still getting used to the spamminess of Unyielding Strikes since the latest balance tweaks made HR less ideal in general.

Bottom line is sticking with Gladiator and putting Arms as the off spec to pick up the slack for fights which demand better AOE and reassess my off spec come Foundry.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Well honestly, I've been using sudden death for prot after the nerfs when tanking 5 mans. I don't care if the sims tell you otherwise, but the execute proc is really strong on protection warrior, due to no increased damage per rage point stuff like with Arms.

While the Unyielding strikes might be the best for a patchwerk fight or small cleave, something tells me it's easier to use execute procs than maximise some fights were you have to move so much.

Also I predict Sudden death's value will increase slowly when your crit gets up, due to how shield slam crits give you free critting heroic strikes. I'm already reaching buffed 23% crit with food, so 50k crits are getting more easier to see on some of the procs.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2014-11-28 at 12:52 AM.