Question PvP gear scaling

I've noticed that in Draenor when entering PvP combat PvP gear automatically scales to whatever ilvl that's indicated whether it's you or the other person who initiated. I don't know if I'm trippin' but when I get ganked it leaves my HP where it currently is ~200k and scales my max HP to ~350k but for the person who initiated their HP gets the full boost to whatever their scaled max HP is. Am I getting nuked 150k in about 1-2 seconds or is this intended? I'm all for world PvP but if this is intended a 150k advantage is quite ridiculous. Ive been trying to find a post about this but I wasn't quite sure where to look. If there's already info on this please post a link and ignore this thread. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wegucci View Post
    I've noticed that in Draenor when entering PvP combat PvP gear automatically scales to whatever ilvl that's indicated whether it's you or the other person who initiated. I don't know if I'm trippin' but when I get ganked it leaves my HP where it currently is ~200k and scales my max HP to ~350k but for the person who initiated their HP gets the full boost to whatever their scaled max HP is. Am I getting nuked 150k in about 1-2 seconds or is this intended? I'm all for world PvP but if this is intended a 150k advantage is quite ridiculous. Ive been trying to find a post about this but I wasn't quite sure where to look. If there's already info on this please post a link and ignore this thread. Thanks.
    Wowpedia's PvP item level page. Hope it contains your answer

you could be getting nuked that hard by an engineering rocket. if that's not it then there seems to be an issue with scaling not giving you hps unless you're the initiator.

It's just a visual bug in BGs, check your character pane to see your true ilvl.