Deleted

[ENHANCEMENT] Elemental Blast build?, Can it work?

So I switched to Enhancement shaman in this expansion and i really enjoyed it (insane AoE yay). What i also like about Enh shaman is experimenting with the talents.

I tried pretty much all of the combination possible, but my problems are with this one Elemental Blast.

I can do good DPS with it, but what i don't get is how to use it at his best. When should i use it, it's worth it?, Do i have to use it with 5 Maelstrom stacks but then cast fewer lightning bolt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't recommend using EB, while it doesn't perform significantly worse over time, it just adds another cast/cooldown to an already clunky rotation, and gimps you in terms of mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    So I switched to Enhancement shaman in this expansion and i really enjoyed it (insane AoE yay). What i also like about Enh shaman is experimenting with the talents.

I tried pretty much all of the combination possible, but my problems are with this one Elemental Blast.

I can do good DPS with it, but what i don't get is how to use it at his best. When should i use it, it's worth it?, Do i have to use it with 5 Maelstrom stacks but then cast fewer lightning bolt?
    Honestly, you just shouldn't. It makes an already clunky priority, much worse. UF/PeT offer better damage than Ele blast. If I recall elemental blast does 50% less damage for enhancement. Assuming you still wanted to use it, i'd imagine it gets the same treatment as Lightning bolt, where you'll want to hard cast @ 3+ stacks of MW.
    The world is a deaf machine.

Deleted
    Okay, well so i belive nobody got this talent to work decently on enhancement

Its not us that has to make it work, its blizzard that have to design talents that are viable for each spec but when it comes to shaman they just make a talent work for one spec for the others it sucks.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a talent that was always made for Elemental and they slapped some Enhancement benefits onto it.

The problem with Elemental Blast for Enhancement is that it's specifically nerfed by the devs for us.

All Enhancement Shamans have a hidden passive for Mental Quickness. If you click the link, you'll see that there is a hidden modifier that reduces Elemental Blast damage by 50% for Enhancement Shaman. The Agility proc is not enough to make up for that sort of nerf.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The problem with Elemental Blast for Enhancement is that it's specifically nerfed by the devs for us.

All Enhancement Shamans have a hidden passive for Mental Quickness. If you click the link, you'll see that there is a hidden modifier that reduces Elemental Blast damage by 50% for Enhancement Shaman. The Agility proc is not enough to make up for that sort of nerf.
    This game has gotten far too many hidden modifiers in the past years. They're basically telling even the average Joe to go and research class passives for hidden modifiers before taking a talent because he cannot just trust the tooltip that is given to him. It's terrible.