Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldn't give a shit.
    All this whining about "x faction has horrible players!" is just crap. Both factions are equally bad/good, with the exception of more playable-model diversity in the horde. Anyone who wants their money's worth plays both factions, anyway. Why pay $16 a month and only get half the story?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOrcsMatter View Post
    100% would not play with the dandyfolk that is alliance
    But then you miss all the dandy things!

Deleted
    Never! Death to the Undead!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the end, Horde by the core, though I started as Alliance due to Paladins.

But I can't say I don't wish to play with people but opposite faction is opposite and is the fraction of actions against ones own, so no. I can't say 'Horde' scum or 'Alliance' scum for I know, on both sides there's people I rather not wish to play with...

... and then there's Gnomes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That depends, can they play dead?

Deleted
    I've played both factions in intervals about equally, have no particular faction loyalty. I wouldnt mind mixing the factions every now and then.

The Horde/Alliance distinction seems weird now that we are working directly alongside the exact same set of heroes whether we are Horde or Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance and Horde have been working together for years now, and most of the confrontation is forced in at best lore wise.

But as I said, horde are ugly and icky, blood elves especially.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The faction war is a dead horse, please stop beating it blizz
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

There is no need for cross-faction play, the ONLY time it will be needed or ever has been in other days, is when the population is so slow its REQUIRED for anything to actually get done. WoW does not have this problem and will not have this problem for many many many years.

But if you're so insisted on having it, go play the terrible private servers that exist.

Deleted
    I play both factions. Mostly horde though, cause.. it's hard to let go of your roots

15+ Year Old Account
    Storywise, it makes precious little sense to have factions anymore. Did nobody talk to Cho after SoO? Time and time again the game itself tells us that war is wrong and we should work together, yet because this stupid faction conflict "needs" to happen for some reason they keep forcing it every time a new expansion comes out. It's beyond stupid.

Vanilla, taught us during every raid, every step of the way we should work together for the greater good. We worked with the Hydraxxian Warlords for MC, we worked with Nozdormu and Cenarion Circle to clear our AQ and we worked with the Argent Dawn for Naxx.

BC, we had our first shared capital and worked with almost every faction together. The only conflict was with the factions in Nagrand and that was old blood. We worked together to help Outland from every threat. Even during ZA we worked together, having armies of both factions at the gates. Then we helped the Shattered Sun clean up Sunwell Plateau. We even had a cutscene at the end where Velen talks with Lady Liadrin and have a bonding moment.

WotLK, other than Wintergrasp, we are constantly working together. Only because Garrosh started being a complete retard was there any other conflict. Oh, and I guess forsaken being forsaken. We were told lessons after Killing Algalon and while working together during the Argent Tournament to work together.

Cata, forced conflict because Garrosh is an idiot. Yet we still work together here and there. Still we worked together at the Molten Front and then helped Green Jesus and his dragon backup singers to squash the big bad abomination that Deathwing had become.

We learn to work together ALL THE TIME yet we still don't. It's beyond terrible story writing.

The persistent flavor of the franchise is Horde Vs Alliance, so no. An open war between them doesn't work in an MMORPG, but the pre-Cata/current Cold War -esque nervous co-existence is good.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

It's bad enough to have to put up with asshole players on one side, why would anyone want to double that?
    Last edited by Kayb; 2014-11-28 at 07:49 AM.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    We learn to work together ALL THE TIME yet we still don't. It's beyond terrible story writing.
    Maybe the game should just stop forcing the juvenile "war is bad mmkay" lessons down our throat. I dont want to work together, nor do I need to learn about the power of friendship.

Wouldn't make sense, the factions are supposedly at war.

As a seasonal event...sure, why not. But then I'm sure such an event will turn into a massive troll fest and be cancelled the next day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Maybe the game should just stop forcing the juvenile "war is bad mmkay" lessons down our throat. I dont want to work together, nor do I need to learn about the power of friendship.
    Even if this is a game, you would rather practice hatred, ignorance and racism? The hell is wrong with you? There are more than enough things to fight and kill without killing other players. The faction war is contrived bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure..... but then you'd have to rename the game to World of Peacecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ano
    Stop being french, it's just shift-2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No. I have zero desire to play with a person that plays exclusively horde. They can go fuck themself.
    No. I have zero desire to play with a person that plays exclusively alliance. They can go fuck themself

I wish we could betray our side like it was done in eq2 where you can completely switch side or even stay neutral so you can kill anyone. If done right this could be amazing quest line plus it's not the first time lore wise someone has left alliance/horde to join the other side.
    Make the quest hard and take a little time plus some kind of limit on how often you can do the quest per account.

I really like the blood elf rogue animations but everyone i know plays alliance so im limited to Orb of the Sun'dorei toy or possible account ban using t-morph.