Thread: Success

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you managed to smile in your life without things you seek then you will be able to smile again without them.
    Just ask yourself wether those things you seek are something you want or something you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by gunii View Post
    4. All in all i feel like my life is passing me by, i want to have a good group of people to hang with and have that nice job, I just have no idea where to start and was wondering if any of youguys at mmo champ know any solutions to my double issue, living stagnantly and not having many connects and or friends.
    Let me just preface that it is understood that all is easier said than done, but it sounds to me like you are letting it pass you by and you are confronted with the following problem:

1. College
    2.???
    3. Profit

everyone has their own path for ???, but you are at college, it is your final opportunity systematically handed to you on a platter to network with other people your own age with similar interests. Take advantage of what your college has to offer, surely they have some kind of internship or job searching program for you to get a better idea of how to proceed. Being a business student means you will have to try twice as hard because everyone has a business degree, I am afraid they are far from a golden ticket.

On friends - assuming you are on MMO champ you are a bit of a gamer. It is kind of an isolated activity even if you have a circle of online friends. Think about taking up another hobby or sport to meet people. It helps when you are doing something together rather than falling into another lots of friends=>???=>social group trap. More effort is required, it is not just all going to happen.

Deleted
    If you get a diploma, you are not likely to become an entrepreneur, because diploma are meant to be used as the key to get a job in an already existing, rather big enterprise where the skills you need to get a diploma (which is, I'm sorry to tell, do as you are told and the way you are told, do not invent or bypass chain of command) are seeked.

Besides, if you choose to set up your own business, it might not be a good thing on your CV, because of what has been said before.
    All that indeed depends of the country you are in, and its economical organization, but it is rather true everywhere.

Happyness comes from doing things that makes you happy, and you can't really know that unless you are lucky enough to discover that early, or if you try a lot of different lifestyle until you find one making you happy.

Money makes you rich, which must be cool, but it doesn't make you free or happy, beside, we live in society with chemistry so food isn't that much of a problem, you are unlikely to die of starvation so money isn't that much of a big deal.
    Wish i had realized that earlier.

Happaness will make you know other people not in a competitive way, but they might not look like the friend sitcom, still it will be worth gold.

knowing what makes you happy and getting to do it is success, hard to get there unless lucky.

https://www.yout ube.com/watch?v=VHWU CX6osgM

Not recommended for anyone unless you have the thing, which almost none has, and even with it the pursuit of happiness isn't a guaranteed success.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could use some advice from some people on mmo champion, whether you are 14 or 50 tell me what you think.

1.I want to be successful. (not just in the sense of money)
    -----I was told to do this i need to go to college
    -----I am in college now.
    -----About to finish my 5th semester out of 8.
    -----I can very easily finish up in this time and get my degree (yes, a business degree).

2.This all seems fine and dandy to most people, but I am seeing huge issues in my future.
    -----I don't know anybody, hardly have any friends.
    -----Working a day job would be nice if i am making decent money but i just don't see that happening.
    -----Even though I am in college i feel like I'm living a stagnant life.

3. I do not want to keep living this stagnant life that might result in me landing a decent job. Then what? I have a decent job with pretty much no family or friends, alot of people like me as a person and i am slowly making more and more friends but none of them know each other and it seems like i can only hand out with one of them at a time which is odd and it just seems like everybody else have these big groups of friends and go to big parties and stuff.

4. All in all i feel like my life is passing me by, i want to have a good group of people to hang with and have that nice job, I just have no idea where to start and was wondering if any of youguys at mmo champ know any solutions to my double issue, living stagnantly and not having many connects and or friends.
    Do what you love, not what people tells you. Think that your going to spend around 40 years of your life working, make sure it is on something you feel passionate about. If you dedicate your life to do something you love, you enjoy and you are passionate about, you are going to succeed whatever it is.

By doing something that you love you are going to feel special, calm, and happy. That for me is succeeding in life.

Troll post just to argue and belittle peoples opinions.

2.This all seems fine and dandy to most people, but I am seeing huge issues in my future.
    -----I don't know anybody, hardly have any friends.
    This is not equally important to everyone or required. However, if it is important to you than change it. Go out and meet people.

If that prospect seems mysterious or difficult to you than the actual problem isn't that you are attempting to lead a successful life.

-----Working a day job would be nice if i am making decent money but i just don't see that happening.
    Why not? There are plenty of jobs in the US for well educated people in business. Most US business are drowning in unskilled, uneducated labor more so than educated leaders.

-----Even though I am in college i feel like I'm living a stagnant life.
    This could easily be explained by possibly having a large focus on your school activities. You've been doing the same things for 5 years now. Duh, dude. Seriously.

Perhaps the actual issue is you desire more social interaction than you are currently getting out of your daily routines.

3. I do not want to keep living this stagnant life that might result in me landing a decent job. Then what? I have a decent job with pretty much no family or friends, alot of people like me as a person and i am slowly making more and more friends but none of them know each other and it seems like i can only hand out with one of them at a time which is odd and it just seems like everybody else have these big groups of friends and go to big parties and stuff.
    Yea, you're just lonely &/or socially awkward. Your procession through college to the work place are not at root here. Your inability to maneuver successfully through a social life is the actual problem.

Be less shy. Hang out in socially busy places; coffee shops, parks, small book stores, bars, etc. Talk to people.

Ask out girls. Get a girlfriend. A girlfriend will integrate you into more social circles than you are aware of. She will likely create all your social circles in time.

Assuming you are heterosexual and male. I do not have advice otherwise.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-11-28 at 02:53 PM.