[Mage] Pre-Highmaul Spec SimC Results/TC Summary

Hello folks. With half a week before Highmaul opens and some last minute band-aid patches applied to Arcane and Fire, I've compiled a summary of how the specs match up for this first week of WoD raiding. For those of you who have been following the TC scene closely, none of this will be news to you. This is mostly meant as a simple "how are the specs doing" summary.

The full post can be found on Altered Time: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=774 . Below is an excerpt of what most people are probably interested in:

Quote Originally Posted by Komma
    Single target: Frost >= Arcane >> Fire

Cleave: Frost ~= Fire >> Arcane

AOE: Fire >= Frost >> Arcane
    I am expecting some tuning changes after the first week of raiding. When that happens, I will do another summary that can be compared to this one.

When you take mirror images and TV wasn't haste better then multistrike for frost?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    When you take mirror images and TV wasn't haste better then multistrike for frost?
    Even if yes, why would you? Multistrike is OP in aoe and super strong in single, with mirror images only viable for single...

Also i wouldn't hold your breath for any changes once raids hit, everyone will go frost. Dedicated players may use fire or arcane but i doubt Blizzard will have good numbers to change anything by. GG Frost until next tier at least...

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Only if you're doing infinite IV trick with unglyphed IV, but that is a DPS loss vs. glyphed IV at pre-raid ilvl.

I love arcane, and I am def. going into HM with Arcane. Mostly Because I cannot seem to pull numbers at all with frost. Attempted rotations and working on it for week and a half and still not breaking 10k on a reg basis but can put 17k~ on arcane single target. People should play what they like, as the specs are not leaps and bounds apart like they used to be.

Deleted
    I have used fire for cm trash packs cause it was stronger AoE, but I just simmed my character again and Frost seems to be better for AoE starting at 5 or 6 mobs. And by better I mean massively better (with FB/RoP/TV vs. LB/RoP/Meteor). All sims without Set Bonusses. Can anyone confirm this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    I have used fire for cm trash packs cause it was stronger AoE, but I just simmed my character again and Frost seems to be better for AoE starting at 5 or 6 mobs. And by better I mean massively better (with FB/RoP/TV vs. LB/RoP/Meteor). All sims without Set Bonusses. Can anyone confirm this?
    Just finished doing all silvers last night, possibly thinking about gold runs in the future, but frost did seem like the clear winner because in order to save time you mass pull 6+ mobs all the time and PC + IN shatter just has so much burst, sustained for frost is a little underwhelming but because of the mob density you'll always have FO off cooldown, that and the fact that combustion hits like a sponge.