Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CM Daily - worth doing it?

like, i am doing on my rogue, and so far got 5 necks and 3 shoulders... WTF?

dailys can only drop shoulder and neck or i am getting back luck?

because so far, it's looking like unrewarding for me (i dont care about xmogs or mounts), not to mention the pain that is to find a good group to make it... today took me 7 hours to finally find a group for ubrs daily..

Deleted
    Jeah it's definitely worth doing. You can get all kinds of armor types from it, even weapons (I don't know about trinkets though). So if you are able to do it, do it. =)

Just bad luck. I got 2x shoulders (one time with socket), 1x chest, 1x shield (didn't need it as I have a 665 shield), 1x waist, 1x legs, 1x rings.

But the 640 items are only worth until raids open up (which is next week). Raiders will switch to normal and heroic, LFR will be easier to complete as CM with better rewards (no random stats).

I keep getting helmets. No bonus stats, no WF, no gem.

So many crystals...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a helmet.. The day I made my engineering helmet with BiS stats.

Depends. I you have a group that can clear it somewhat fast then do it. But the risk is too great imo. Even with a good group of people some CMs can take like 3 hours to clear. If you don't care about minmaxing your time is better spent sitting in your garrison sending out your followers to get 645-gear and do heroics for a chance for warforged/socketed gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Depends. I you have a group that can clear it somewhat fast then do it. But the risk is too great imo. Even with a good group of people some CMs can take like 3 hours to clear. If you don't care about minmaxing your time is better spent sitting in your garrison sending out your followers to get 645-gear and do heroics for a chance for warforged/socketed gear.
    I agree with this. Whether or not it's worth it is completely dependant on the player. If you play a lot, have full heroic gear, and are bored waiting for raids to open then cm's are a good place to have a chance at a mediocre upgrade. If you're still getting upgrades regularly from heroics and don't have a ton of free time it's probably not worth the frustration and I'd just wait for lfr to open up. If you decide to do them have at least a 3 hour guaranteed chunk of time to play without distraction or you could end up just wasting your time. They can be done much faster, but with a pug you don't know until you get in there.

The rewards are bit shit compared to the effort, but it is bonus until LFR comes out (and after that it will be a wasteland)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't mean this as any offense at ALL, but a "good group" will never take more then an hour to clear any of the cms, except perhaps ubrs. A good group should get bronze at least every time, without invis pots or the like.
    You're a towel.

its not worth it if your class has fucked up stat weightings and you're basically forced to get perfect stat combinations all the time for an item to be an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    its not worth it if your class has fucked up stat weightings and you're basically forced to get perfect stat combinations all the time for an item to be an upgrade
    Unless there is a particular spec you are talking about, I find this to be less relevant now. I think people don't realise how close stats generally are (most of the time within 15% of eachother).

Versatility is a different kettle of fish altogether admittedly, weighted against the fact it reduces your damage taken.

If you was to consistently get Versatility + your worse stat I could maybe understand people thinking CM's weren't worth it, but from were I'm sat; they very much are.

Given they can now proc WF/socket/tertiary, it's definitely worth it. You may get unlucky, sure - but same could be said for most attempts at PvE loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Just check out my armoury. I have 7 items from the CM daily; 3 of them have both of my best stats on them (one of which is a Warforged weapon), and 3 others have one of my two best stats on.

Weights for conbat rogue are all generally pretty close, and I admit I got a bit lucky with my gear, but this is living proof that shows it really is worth it at this stage

If it's taking you 7 hours, then hell no... It's not worth doing unless you intend to raid because well, what other reason would there be to get it? If you are intending to raid, then it shouldn't be taking you 7 hours as you should just be able to form a group with your guild and go roll through it... Longest I've spent in a CM is 1hr 30m in Skyreach because 2nd boss was a bitch.

If you intend to raid, and your guild groups are taking 7 hours to complete.... I recommend finding a different guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    If it's taking you 7 hours, then hell no... It's not worth doing unless you intend to raid because well, what other reason would there be to get it? If you are intending to raid, then it shouldn't be taking you 7 hours as you should just be able to form a group with your guild and go roll through it... Longest I've spent in a CM is 1hr 30m in Skyreach because 2nd boss was a bitch.

If you intend to raid, and your guild groups are taking 7 hours to complete.... I recommend finding a different guild.
    OP said it took him 7 hours to find a group not to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    OP said it took him 7 hours to find a group not to clear it.
    Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

Same point still applies though, the only reason you would have to go for this gear is if your in a raiding guild and intend to raid starting next week and if you are in a raiding guild a group shouldn't be taking 7 hours to find... All I have to do is say in guild "any1 for daily CM?" and i'll have a group within 10min... I think if my guild was unwilling to form groups with me for such things I would find a different guild.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's worth it, I mean there aren't that many options for gear in the first 2 1/2 weeks before raiding. It gives LFR quality gear without LFR being available, and the items can now roll sockets/iLvL/tertiary stats now too.

The only other way to get gear at this point is to have a lot of gold for the AH/BMAH (and be lucky that the BMAH has something), apexis farm your brains out (can only get 645 gear) or with a follower mission if your followers are high enough level. The only other option is crafting, and to get the actual good crafting stuff you need to spend a lot of gold or have an army of alts to get the upgraded stuff.

The loot might be a duplicate item you already have but it's a 100% chance at loot. The CM daily will likely be worth doing for several weeks after even Highmaul comes out. You can never be certain that items will drop for you in the regular raid formats, and LFR is opening up slowly in addition to not having to drop anything at all.

IDK, it's a nice perk. Honestly I hope in the next tier they bump up the iLvL of CM gear once again to match the new LFR gear in the 6.1 raid.

Deleted
    The easy ones are worth doing. I have not yet gotten a pug group who could take down UBRS CM. All the others are pretty simple and dont take to much effort/time

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Unless there is a particular spec you are talking about, I find this to be less relevant now. I think people don't realise how close stats generally are (most of the time within 15% of eachother).
    MW monks

haste + mastery = item is unusable
    item without multistrike = item is unusable unless other stats are crit/vers

i just find running CMs on a MW monk to be a gigantic waste of time.

They're worth doing until raids open.