Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No. I mean the asininity of having to ask every three seconds whether the other party is consenting to whatever shit you're doing at that moment. There was even this insane video made about it, which was actually made as a serious ad or something. It just doesn't happen anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Exactly. Male rape victims do exist and it's no less traumatizing for them than it is for any woman, except society spits on them and mocks them when it happens. Fuck this asshole for making a major problem even worse.
    Exactly. Damn, at least some people see through the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you want to eat someone elses cookies do you ask first or just take them?
    Just take them, of course, it's the only sensible way...
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It just doesn't happen anywhere else.
    Say female artist lies naked on the street guy comes fucks her whos wrong?

Hard question.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I mean the asininity of having to ask every three seconds whether the other party is consenting to whatever shit you're doing at that moment. There was even this insane video made about it, which was actually made as a serious ad or something. It just doesn't happen anywhere else.
    As far as Im aware, wells really only implied ask once, which then gives you a clear ok until he / she says no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Exactly. Male rape victims do exist and it's no less traumatizing for them than it is for any woman, except society spits on them and mocks them when it happens. Fuck this asshole for making a major problem even worse.
    At the very least it highlights the massive hypocrisy in definitions of rape and the specificity of said definitions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Say female artist lies naked on the street guy comes fucks her whos wrong?

Hard question.
    Being naked isn't an invitation for sex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    At the very least it highlights the massive hypocrisy in definitions of rape and the specificity of said definitions.
    If he doesnt retreat its genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Being naked isn't an invitation for sex.
    If its a male its fine I guess.

Deleted
    There was a female artist who did a similar stunt and it nearly got her killed. These kinds of art experiments are incredibly stupid. You are signing your wellbeing over to total strangers and hoping they won't harm you. I reiterate what she did was completely wrong, but he has to accept responsability too for his own actions. He deliberately put himself in harms way and made no effort to defend himself. Here's a link to an atricle about the female artist I mentioned : http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...lery-512-hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Although let it be said, IF this is a stunt his career should be destroyed even worse than Mel Gibson's.

Deleted
    Wait are some people going to start victim blaming?

This is what i hate about crime being news worthy , Public opinion is not the law , why when something gets broadcasted do we suddenly all have fucking Law degree's??

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVHYvUpeqKI

There's that video. It'll require you to log in though, not sure if you can find it elsewhere.

Here's the TYT video about it:

I mean Jesus H Christ. Can I take the next breath? Do you consent to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    It's Shia LaBeouf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post

This is what i hate about crime being news worthy , Public opinion is not the law , why when something gets broadcasted do we suddenly all have fucking Law degree's??
    This post mirrors my views quite well. I have been quiet about Cosby and Ferguson for similar reasons. The only previous post I had in this thread was that is MIGHT be possible. Frankly, we don't know. We just don't. Pretending we do is deluding ourselves.

Deleted
    When do we start the "if he had a boner it was not rape" discussion?

Deleted
    That's sort of the strawmanist of the strawmans. "If you have to consent once eventually we will have to consent every time we breathe!" i mean really? You are being a silly.
    No, what's silly is this asshole doing an "art installation", and not saying NO when he clearly COULD, and then several days after claiming he got raped. He's so full of shit and trying to get more weird attention; that's been his thing for years now. He's been in the sick Von Trier movies, he's been going around with a bag on his head, he's just fucked up. And now he's riding the Rape Train. What a despicable human being.

Shia Lebeouf is a washed up has-been and is looking for attention. He's the male equivalent of Miley Cyrus.

If this is a stunt, then I agree it is in very bad taste and should kill his career. However, because we have no other information, we have to assume that this is a legitimate case otherwise we are simply victim blaming and saying "Hey it's okay to rape, no one will believe the victim!" The amount of people just in this thread saying "He wasn't raped, how can he be raped by a blow-job, hand-job or penetration!? He's a guy!! Guys don't get raped!!" Get real people, believe his word until other information comes out. That's all we can do.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    What a despicable human being.
    It simply doesnt matter rape is rape the rapist is worse.

Deleted
    The absence of a no is not a yes.

Deleted
    Okay, so just to be clear, if a woman had this exact same story, it wouldn't be rape to you?
    No. Of course not. Why would it be? Do you honestly think I make any differentiation between the sexes when it comes to rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariaelena View Post
    There was a female artist who did a similar stunt and it nearly got her killed. These kinds of art experiments are incredibly stupid. You are signing your wellbeing over to total strangers and hoping they won't harm you. I reiterate what she did was completely wrong, but he has to accept responsability too for his own actions. He deliberately put himself in harms way and made no effort to defend himself. Here's a link to an atricle about the female artist I mentioned : http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...lery-512-hours
    I was actually about to go and find that same article.

Though I have to say that we've drawn incredibly different conclusions from it.

The fact remains that no one is responsible for the actions of another person and all the could-have, should-have, would-haves in the world don't matter.

The actions that the woman took with mr beef, and the actions that the MANY MANY MANY people took with the artist in that installation are their own. THEY are the ones that chose to injure the artist, the artist simply was the canvas of the actions.

If I paint a scene of horrific violence onto a canvas I am the one responsible for that violence.

Saying he should have done something is beside the point, the basic bottom of the barrel fact is that someone was intimate with his person without consent and that is not his fault.

Deleted
    See this whole issue is going to be like alot of rape cases , word of mouth. He said she said or she said he said , type of stuff.

What is stupid though is basing your opinions of the crime based on the person , and that goes for the accused or the victim.

Shia is a bit looney ? so what does that invalidate the claim of the victim?

Cosby is a well liked actor ? so what does that invalidate the claim of the victims?

We the public do not know all the facts. let the lawyers and courts settle it then we can talk