Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just tested shield barrier with the trinket. It does not increase bonus armor or attack power or damage. It just straight increases armor.

I have a preliminary trinket sim with relatively low iterations. T17 disabled, T18 2+4pc enabled, armor and weapons set to ilvl 725, balanced haste to about 750, crit vs mastery balanced too (crit is good up to a point, need to crit to get T18 to work good). No second trinket equipped. I also hotfixed in the gladiator mastery change from 30% to 50%.

Class trinket still isn't that good, even after +75% buff. You will be using Anzu's cursed plume and Rumbling Pebble now (RP got buffed in the last build. Cleave and burn got nerfed.)

Click the picture for a full list of trinkets. This is only the top of the list.

Last edited by Ssateneth; 2015-06-03 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks for testing the worldbreaker + shield barrier thing. And for the updated trinket sims. The answer was what I expected, but I'm a little bummed out. I was imagining some interesting possibilities if it procced bonus armor. Oh well.

To Ssateneth, Do those sims include the new highest iteration of the crafted Knights Badge ?

ptr.wowhead.com/item=112319/knights-badge&bonus=618
    Last edited by russ8825; 2015-06-04 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added link to item

yes. click the picture to see a more complete list of trinkets. stage 5 and 6 are in there, you just have to look.

(they arent that great either)

I'm simming Worldbreaker + Anzu as top. Losing about 100dps going for pebble over worldbreaker. Crit is top secondary stat with Anzu ( bonus armor isn't secondary imo ), and you end up with a lot more execute damage too.

I'm also seeing that if you don't use Worldbreaker, and use any other trinket combination, at 730ilvl ( BIS ) you're going to want multistrike over mastery and crit, but just barely. If you end up with the fel flame trinket, the value of multistrike goes up a bit more as well, for obvious reasons.

Noticed that if you go with the top Knight's Badge, you see crit devalue a lot. I think we're just getting to the point where more crit is less good with this much gear. But i'm still testing.
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-06-04 at 09:49 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    I'm simming Worldbreaker + Anzu as top. Losing about 100dps going for pebble over worldbreaker. Crit is top secondary stat with Anzu ( bonus armor isn't secondary imo ), and you end up with a lot more execute damage too.

I'm also seeing that if you don't use Worldbreaker, and use any other trinket combination, at 730ilvl ( BIS ) you're going to want multistrike over mastery and crit, but just barely. If you end up with the fel flame trinket, the value of multistrike goes up a bit more as well, for obvious reasons.

Noticed that if you go with the top Knight's Badge, you see crit devalue a lot. I think we're just getting to the point where more crit is less good with this much gear. But i'm still testing.
    Not that it should make a big difference for Gladiator, but keep in mind that when inflating ilvl to try to figure out what you will be doing during progression, it's probably better to simulate Heroic Worldbreaker, not Mythic, as you won't actually obtain that until the very end of the tier.

This is why I've been making my sims more practical based, ie: gear people will actually be using, using mostly heroic as a baseline and moving into mythic.

Yep, I'm doing those too. Starting top down speeds things up for me later on.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    So will Gladiator be any competitive in 6.2?

If you don't get the Archi trinket, Fury and Glad are quite even on patchwerk, but if you do get the trinket Fury will be quite a lot stronger for Patchwerk, and then for cleave Arms is already stronger by default.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    So will Gladiator be any competitive in 6.2?
    Weaker than Fury but not by much. Just barely on pure ST. The problem with Glad of course being that it has no dynamic AoE. It's Bladestorm is poopy and its cleave is tied to its ST. Sustained cleave isn't terrible though.

Its certainly playable.

well, rip gladiator. again. enrage bonus from tier nerfed from 20% to 12%. why can't we have nice things? i dont want to be forced to play fury

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    well, rip gladiator. again. enrage bonus from tier nerfed from 20% to 12%. why can't we have nice things? i dont want to be forced to play fury
    Because its was an extremely overpowered tier bonus, and it's hardly crippling.

Seeing as how it was about twice as strong as the second strongest 2set of any spec in T17, I'm not too surprised that it got nerfed, it's still a really strong set bonus.
    My Stream

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    In the same patch notes it also lists the Gladiator stance mastery bonus going from 30% to 50%, so we're down 8% on enrage bonus damage, but up 20% on mastery bonus so more static AP so more static damage (I know it's unlikely to be enough to offset enrage being 8% down, just saying it's not as bad as it looks).

We were playing with 50% mastery and the 20% enrage 2set on ptr for a few days there. Saying RIP gladiator when things are changing this fast is dumb. I think it's becoming obvious that at the beginning of the tier they're going to tune us so we're close to fury on single target, and arms is a stronger aoe choice. But hey, it'll probably look different tomorrow!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not that it should make a big difference for Gladiator, but keep in mind that when inflating ilvl to try to figure out what you will be doing during progression, it's probably better to simulate Heroic Worldbreaker, not Mythic, as you won't actually obtain that until the very end of the tier.

This is why I've been making my sims more practical based, ie: gear people will actually be using, using mostly heroic as a baseline and moving into mythic.
    This makes sense but an important question (that may well have been answered, but I couldn't figure it out from the PTR)..

1. Do we still get free 2weekly Mythic loot from Garrisons?
    2. If yes, can the Worldbreaker trinket be found in the Hellfire Cache?

It's a strange situation with this trinket, it's a complete game changer for Arms/Fury and with my limited laggy testing on the PTR it was the strongest for Glad too.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

1. Yes* (Not from garrison but from Naval missions)
    2. Unknown as of yet. Probably not since it drops from a class token.

Latest build has some trinket changes.

Pebble (and other static stat HFC trinks) nerfed by 25%
    Fel burn buffed by 296%
    Cleave damage unchanged but procs twice as often.

Ilvl 725 gear (will adjust in the future to use HFC gear. Just BRF gear scaled up, stats tweaked), no second trinket equipped.

Same thing, but fel burn trinket equipped now.

Last edited by Ssateneth; 2015-06-13 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This makes sense but an important question (that may well have been answered, but I couldn't figure it out from the PTR)..

1. Do we still get free 2weekly Mythic loot from Garrisons?
    2. If yes, can the Worldbreaker trinket be found in the Hellfire Cache?

It's a strange situation with this trinket, it's a complete game changer for Arms/Fury and with my limited laggy testing on the PTR it was the strongest for Glad too.
    1. Yes but its from the shipyard now, not your normal followers.

2. No idea, probably depends on whether it ends up being a static drop or a token turn in of some sort. It is most likely that it will be a static drop from Archimonde, but I'm really hoping they make it some kind of token turn in, otherwise I'm not looking forward to getting our 4th Monk trinket in a raid that only has one.

The Archimond trinket is a token, and this far tokens haven't been able to be gained in the cache. It may be able to contain it, but I highly doubt it.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    The Archimond trinket is a token, and this far tokens haven't been able to be gained in the cache. It may be able to contain it, but I highly doubt it.
    Must have missed that update. Answer given then.