Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gj archi and others!
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Should you delay bloodbath for scabbard of kyanos?

With trinkets working like they do, I really can't agree with the opener still. The beauty of protection abilities is that nothing really has a very long cooldown so your "rotation" essentially restarts from scratch very frequently, so you can modify your opener to fit as well as possible. Because shield charge isn't a permanent buff you will eventually run out of it and with 20 second lasting proc trinkets it simply doesn't sound like a good idea to start pissing them away as soon as you reach melee range.

Why not charge in, shield slam and devastate three times or until your shield slam resets to give your trinkets a fighting chance to proc and pick up a few stacks of US before shield charging? Especially if you have a Scabbard, so much of your bonus damage comes from squeezing as much firepower into Bloodbath as possible so it just makes more sense, in my mind atleast, to hold off for a few globals and then go completely ham.

Deleted
    Scabbard and Bone Toe are On-use items. Press them while charging and you have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Should you delay bloodbath for scabbard of kyanos?
    Other way around, delay SoK for BB.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    With trinkets working like they do, I really can't agree with the opener still. The beauty of protection abilities is that nothing really has a very long cooldown so your "rotation" essentially restarts from scratch very frequently, so you can modify your opener to fit as well as possible. Because shield charge isn't a permanent buff you will eventually run out of it and with 20 second lasting proc trinkets it simply doesn't sound like a good idea to start pissing them away as soon as you reach melee range.

Why not charge in, shield slam and devastate three times or until your shield slam resets to give your trinkets a fighting chance to proc and pick up a few stacks of US before shield charging? Especially if you have a Scabbard, so much of your bonus damage comes from squeezing as much firepower into Bloodbath as possible so it just makes more sense, in my mind atleast, to hold off for a few globals and then go completely ham.
    If you have proc trinkets instead of on use, you can delay the opener, but you don't want to delay it by much, remember that your pot is still rolling. If your procs start immediately then there really is no reason to delay. Getting one more Heroic Strike during the first shield charge isn't going to influence your damage much at all and could just as easily cause you to lose an HS due to low stacks during the second (though that should be fairly rare and mitigatable if you watch your rage).

Would there be a downside to macro-ing Shield Slam to Shield Charge? So that every time I use Shield Charge, I cast Shield Slam at the same time? If no downside, can you help with a possible macro for that, or any other useful ones?

Deleted
    So guys u think crit over haste?

Now i got 638il with 12,17 crit 4% haste 357 ab and 23,36% mastery, what do u think i have to change something ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malabs View Post
    Would there be a downside to macro-ing Shield Slam to Shield Charge? So that every time I use Shield Charge, I cast Shield Slam at the same time? If no downside, can you help with a possible macro for that, or any other useful ones?
    The only downside to this that I can think of is when there's movement on the boss you may not be exactly in melee range and when you hit the macro u will charge but not use shield slam, and if you make it a habit to use the macro you may not realize that you didn't actually shield slam. Other being using it while you're on global cooldown comes off the same scenario, you will not cast shield slam but you will use charge since it's off the gcd.

Macro would be straight off typing them since one is off the gcd it will cast them at the same time such as.
    #show
    /cast Shield Charge
    /cast Shield Slam

OT: Great guide Archi, any chance you could let us know what trinkets you're going to be using heading into the first raiding week? Or a trinket ranking of some sort would be really nice to see. I have the inscription trinket but I have no idea if it's going to be worth using for glad or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Very nice guide, thanks for writing this!

How bad is the DPS loss from using HR instead of US? US is wrecking my fingers I can't stand using it anymore.
    yeh same playing glad is putting strain on my fingers xD

- - - Updated - - -

Ok actually decided to get glad going seen as i accidently had my loot spec set to prot when doing an invasion and got a 645 one hander. Pulling a consistant 18k on the dummy unbuffed, with no pot or flask( simmed myself at 21k), not sure if thats about right or not but I've still got a bit of perfecting to do with the rotation. Main problem I am having tho is how spammy im finding glad xD
    Last edited by mmoc93d65e5574; 2014-11-30 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    yeh same playing glad is putting strain on my fingers xD
    Happy im not alone in this, kinda feels like playing prot/arms towards the end of DS.
    Slowly trying to convince myself the dps isn't worth hurting my fingers/wrist.

How big is the difference btw ?

Deleted
    Best pre-raid trinkets you can equip? as already being said there are plenty of them out there + the WF procs and Sockets u can get, it really becomes a mess! not counting scabbard though!

Great guide, Archim!

Deleted
    So, does anyone know if +armor proc trinkets like Evergaze Arcane Eidolon actually count as bonus armor or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimar View Post
    Best pre-raid trinkets you can equip? as already being said there are plenty of them out there + the WF procs and Sockets u can get, it really becomes a mess! not counting scabbard though!

Great guide, Archim!
    Ive been sim'n this for the past few hours and watching the games today.. Skull of War and Knight's badge are top together.

SoK + SoW is the current BiS setup Pre-Raid.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Happy im not alone in this, kinda feels like playing prot/arms towards the end of DS.
    Slowly trying to convince myself the dps isn't worth hurting my fingers/wrist.

How big is the difference btw ?
    The difference in dps is fair, i think glad was simmed at 20k singletarget while arms is 18k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    The difference in dps is fair, i think glad was simmed at 20k singletarget while arms is 18k.
    Sorry I wasn't that clear. I meant between US and HR

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Other way around, delay SoK for BB.
    Are you 100% on this? Over not delaying either and just using on CD? Would like to see the SimC comparison if it's been done so I can check the APL.

What about once Highmaul and Blackrock opens up?

What trinket is SoK?