Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Not trying to be offensive or anything of the sort, but if you're making these sorts of mistake, I don't think your results can be taken seriously.
    Everyone makes "mistake." A willingness to correct counts for more.
    Last edited by Qoma; 2015-10-13 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    Everyone makes mistake. A willingness to correct counts for more.
    I'm not here to study philosophy, All I'm saying is more detail is gonna be needed on this - his simple word isn't gonna be enough.

I'm not here to study philosophy, All I'm saying is more detail is gonna be needed on this - his simple word isn't gonna be enough.
    Agreed, I'd love to see the rankings redone if he is able.

Not trying to be offensive or anything of the sort, but if you're making these sorts of mistake, I don't think your results can be taken seriously.
    I don't see why we need to crucify him for making, explaining, and fixing a simple mistake in his sims. I'm satisfied.

To Caervek, thanks for looking into my question. I will go see if my findings agree with yours...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify how I got my numbers for people, I imported my iLevel 716 character into simcraft, then made the following adjustments to the default action list:

1. Swapped Pickled Eel for Felmouth Frenzy (Best ST food for Glad).
    2. Synced the second armor pot to be used with a ring buff up (better to delay the pot and have it with other buffs).
    3. Removed Execute and forced HS to be used sub 20% (this is a slight DPS loss in simulation but in practice it virtually always makes no difference or improves DPS depending on the player).

With that done I then ran the test with my heroic EDH and my heroic Anzu, then swapped the EDH with other trinkets, here are the results:

Mythic Hunger: 72286 dps
    Mythic Tablet: 71838 dps
    Heroic EDH: 71741 dps
    Heroic Hunger: 71023 dps
    Heroic Worldbreaker: 70840 dps
    Mythic Horn of Screaming Spirits: 69691 dps

Something to note is that although the tablet/EDH are very close on dps, but the tablet was pulling 30k higher than anything else during the hero/ring/pot/etc dps spike. So not only is it definitely viable on high end patchwerk fights, I would say it is also very good for fights that have any "nuke NOW" moments 2min or more apart, and fights with a "burn it down or die" at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Just another note, in case anyone thinks the results may have been skewed by myself due to altering the action list to give a more real world result. Using the default action list the trinket order is still the same just slightly higher DPS results, and the Tablet actually extends it's lead over the EDH.
    Last edited by caervek; 2015-10-16 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Something to note is that although the tablet/EDH are very close on dps, but the tablet was pulling 30k higher than anything else during the hero/ring/pot/etc dps spike.
    Just remember you are comparing mythic Tablet/ToTT to a heroic Hellfire trinket, the mythic equivalent is gonna pull ahead. For me, Unending Hunger sims the highest of what i have available. (I do not have mythic EDH or Worldbreaker. However, Worldbreaker never seems bis anyway).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Just remember you are comparing mythic Tablet/ToTT to a heroic Hellfire trinket, the mythic equivalent is gonna pull ahead. For me, Unending Hunger sims the highest of what i have available. (I do not have mythic EDH or Worldbreaker. However, Worldbreaker never seems bis anyway).
    Yeah, I only compared the trinkets mentioned in the original question, however I have now added heroic/mythic Hunger to the list. I wasn't trying to claim that the Tablet was better than HFC mythic trinkets, just that out of all the pre HFC mythic trinkets I believe that mythic tablet and heroic Anzu are the two best to be using to progress HFC mythic in order to get those trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yeah, I only compared the trinkets mentioned in the original question, however I have now added heroic/mythic Hunger to the list. I wasn't trying to claim that the Tablet was better than HFC mythic trinkets, just that out of all the pre HFC mythic trinkets I believe that mythic tablet and heroic Anzu are the two best to be using to progress HFC mythic in order to get those trinkets.
    Thanks for simming and confirming my suspicions! I'd like to add that to me in a practical sense beyond simulation. An on use trinket also adds to the advantageous nature when trying to line up all your DPS cooldowns + lining it up with anzu procs.

Deleted
    at Macro/no macro discussion pages before

I binded Q E F with Devastate + HS, Revenge + HS, Shieldslam + HS + Charge
    and Shift Combination of Q E F without HS/Charge.

90% on Fight its with Macro

just pull, and low Rage is without. So 95% Macro, and im happy with it.

regards,
    Last edited by mmoc1148c8646e; 2015-10-16 at 12:28 PM. Reason: faults

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zni View Post
    at Macro/no macro discussion pages before

I binded Q E F with Devastate + HS, Revenge + HS, Shieldslam + HS + Charge
    and Shift Combination of Q E F without HS/Charge.

90% on Fight its with Macro

just pull, and low Rage is without. So 95% Macro, and im happy with it.

regards,
    Yep, HS is spammed almost 100% of the time.

Hi,

On the trinket thing: I have Anzu, Worldbreaker and Chorus... should i use chorus or WB?

I had the worst of lucks on trinket drop rate and got the chorus from the naval cache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    Hi,

On the trinket thing: I have Anzu, Worldbreaker and Chorus... should i use chorus or WB?

I had the worst of lucks on trinket drop rate and got the chorus from the naval cache.
    SimC it, or check it on a dummy with multiple sessions with each trinket.

I prefer the latter even though it's a bit more time consuming - it should yield the most "realistic" results according to your gear, latency, how well you're doing with the rotation, etc, etc... Taking an average of 5/10 attempts with each trinket should already be very revealing.
    Obviously, the more attempt, the more accurate will your result be.

If you can, log your session, this way you can get more details on what actually happened. How many offensive procs, crit, casts, etc. you had. Clearly, you can do much with this, and that's what I've been doing lately. I don't think you can get any more revealing results when it comes to "you" personally.

Someone telling you "hey, use X trinket" based on his own patchwork SimC results, done in his own gear, with who knows which parameters, isn't necessarily the best answer.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2015-10-23 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat Enrage buff. Dat 4pc. I approve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Dat Enrage buff. Dat 4pc. I approve.
    Great. The Enrage is nice for sure. I wish I could Glad more often.

Too bad this buff is smaller scaling compared to the fury one. You should, realisticly have about 95% uptime on enrage.

RIght now, 10% base + 12% tier = 22% enrage bonus * 0.95 = 120.9% damage done from being enraged throughout fight.
    With buff, 15% base + 12% tier = 27% enrage bonus * 0.95 = 125.65% damage done from being enraged throughout the fight.

125.65 / 120.9 ~= 1.0392, or less than a 4% damage buff. Wish they would've bumped up the gladiator stance physical bonus from 5% to 10% instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Too bad this buff is smaller scaling compared to the fury one. You should, realisticly have about 95% uptime on enrage.

RIght now, 10% base + 12% tier = 22% enrage bonus * 0.95 = 120.9% damage done from being enraged throughout fight.
    With buff, 15% base + 12% tier = 27% enrage bonus * 0.95 = 125.65% damage done from being enraged throughout the fight.

125.65 / 120.9 ~= 1.0392, or less than a 4% damage buff. Wish they would've bumped up the gladiator stance physical bonus from 5% to 10% instead.
    Or as well. Wouldn't hurt to bring up glad closer to arms / fury. Blizz tends to either nerf or buff specs to the extremes. E.g. demonology locks throughout MoP and WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    So...apparently, we're up Wednesday. Anyone else nervous about this "spec"? I like it, I hope it sticks around.

I hope it does as well, though to be honest that it exists at all kind of took me by surprise in the first place. I can't imagine there were many players that before WoD, would've said, "You know what Warriors need, another dps spec".

With Blizzard really harping on "class fantasy" with these class reviews, it would be great to see them really take Gladiator up a level and make it it's own, fully fleshed out thing. I think it has tons of opportunity for variation from Arms and Fury as a damage dealer, and I also think it has tons of opportunity for lore and fantasy. Right now, while effective enough, it's still definitely a bit of a tack-on to Protection spec. No unique abilities except for turning Shield Block into Shield Charge, just a re-purposing of what already exists in a DPS role. Fully realizing it as a spec will be a requirement if it's going to persist into Legion.
    Last edited by Qoma; 2015-11-09 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    I hope it does as well, though to be honest that it exists at all kind of took me by surprise in the first place. I can't imagine there were many players that before WoD, would've said, "You know what Warriors need, another dps spec".

With Blizzard really harping on "class fantasy" with these class reviews, it would be great to see them really take Gladiator up a level and make it it's own, fully fleshed out thing. I think it has tons of opportunity for variation from Arms and Fury as a damage dealer, and I also think it has tons of opportunity for lore and fantasy. Right now, while effective enough, it's still definitely a bit of a tack-on to Protection spec. No unique abilities except for turning Shield Block into Shield Charge, just a re-purposing of what already exists in a DPS role. Fully realizing it as a spec will be a requirement if it's going to persist into Legion.
    Based on the info we got with the artifacts, it isn't gonna be its own spec in legion. But there is a rumor on the battle.net warrior forums that glad is getting the can in legion, which if true, is completely stupid. As it goes against the 'class fantasy' blizzard is pushing in legion. Glad stance fits the fantasy of an offensive shield user, who uses the shield as a weapon more so then defense. Also, even though glad is bound to protection for the time being, it is its own spec as we can't change to defensive stance (therefore tank) in combat. I hope those rumors are false and blizzard keeps going ahead with gladiator, as I said, there are some people who love the fantasy of an offensive shield user, and that was the reason why it got brought into the game in the first place with WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Based on the info we got with the artifacts, it isn't gonna be its own spec in legion. But there is a rumor on the battle.net warrior forums that glad is getting the can in legion, which if true, is completely stupid. As it goes against the 'class fantasy' blizzard is pushing in legion. Glad stance fits the fantasy of an offensive shield user, who uses the shield as a weapon more so then defense. Also, even though glad is bound to protection for the time being, it is its own spec as we can't change to defensive stance (therefore tank) in combat. I hope those rumors are false and blizzard keeps going ahead with gladiator, as I said, there are some people who love the fantasy of an offensive shield user, and that was the reason why it got brought into the game in the first place with WoD
    I saw that as well. Definitely does not leave me very hopeful.