Glyph of disappearance?

Hi all, have been doing some testing last night and the glyph of disappearance's version of vanish (doesn't stealth after 3 seconds of vanish state) actually allows abilities to be used under the effects of shadow focus in that 3second window. Can anyone confirm if this is intended? If yes then from a pve perspective this is a dps gain right?

Thanks!

this glyph is required for all specs pretty much and pve or pvp. its extremely powerful and there is 0 downside. yes its a dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    this glyph is required for all specs pretty much and pve or pvp. its extremely powerful and there is 0 downside. yes its a dps gain.
    For pvp it is a serious downside to not be able to use vanish defensively. For PvE yea i'd say it's golden.

Thanks for the replies! This kinda goes against what blizz said about not wanting there to be mandatory glyphs though :/

For assassination vendetta, energy and disappearance are mandatory now..

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    this glyph is required for all specs pretty much and pve or pvp.
    Sub can't even use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chuachua View Post
    Thanks for the replies! This kinda goes against what blizz said about not wanting there to be mandatory glyphs though :/

For assassination vendetta, energy and disappearance are mandatory now..
    If you min-max, there will ALWAYS be mandatory things, otherwise there would be no min-maxing.

Blizzard made it so, that an average person "can do it" without relying on any glyph. They never said that there won't be advantages in terms of dps on certain glyphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    For pvp it is a serious downside to not be able to use vanish defensively. For PvE yea i'd say it's golden.
    You can. Just spam the stealth button.

I'm a little sad that they made this glyph. Being able to stay alive through wipes was a nike perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    I'm a little sad that they made this glyph. Being able to stay alive through wipes was a nike perk.
    You still can. You just have to manually hit stealth.

I dont use it. I find it to be very buggy. Hit stealth nothing happens like im in combat before the vanish effect ends.

plus if u use that glyph you cannot have Recovery-Blind-Energy Which I feel are mandatory for pvp.

one again it doesn't not let u stealth. just hit stealth again right after you vanish. the glyph has 0 downside.

That's such bs. I've vanished multiple times in PvP and you get put out of combat AFTER you get out of stealth a lot of the times. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I think this glyph is made specifically for Muti so that you can chain envenoms with shadow reflection.

once again. hit vanish. then press stealth right after. gets you back into stealth. the glyph does not get you out of stealth if u just press stealth while the vanish buff is on you.

how are you suppose to use Glyph of Disappearance with Glyph of Blind, recovery, Energy being mandatory?

I dont use venom zest I use DFA without the energy glyph id be stuck at 120 default energy that feels far too low. I feel Recovery and Blind are must for pvp unless you play with another dps that has no dots. What would that be a marksmanship hunter, combat rogue?

Dont care for the glyph of Disappearance maybe I will when I get the 4piece bonus for assassination so that vanish gives Cold Blood and 5 combo points.