Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I bugged? Dwarven Bunker + lvl 3 Salvage yard

So I opened about 60 big crates of salvage from missions, but didn't get many upgrades, just all transmog pretty much. So I decided to knock down my stables and build a dwarven bunker in hopes I would get more follower upgrades.

I saved up 40 big crates to open all at once, and upon opening them, I got a grand total of 3 (yes, fucking 3) +3 Balanced weapon enchancements, and 1 +3 braced armor enhancement.

They said the chance was supposed to double. It actually looks like it's reduced to me. I feel like I am bugged, because even with the work orders from the dwarven bunker, I have received nothing but iron turd scraps.

drop rate just seems too low. I'm not farming for ashes of alar here, I just want some follower upgrades.

It feels like my whole account has AIDS.
    Last edited by cockaroo; 2014-11-29 at 07:23 AM.

from what they say the SY level 3 has actually less chances to give follower upgrade cause the crates gain the chance to give player equipment, the bunker/war mill imho is more a long term building at certain point, when all the building are level 3, it will be the only way to dump a good chunk of G-resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I don't see why the big crates would have less of a chance for follower items. it's not like they only drop 1 item or anything like that.

@op rng is rng

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I don't see why the big crates would have less of a chance for follower items. it's not like they only drop 1 item or anything like that.

@op rng is rng
    Everyone says this, but is it possible for a gm or account admin to alter your drop chances or 'luck' in the system? I got in a pissing match with one this one time, and ever since then, things haven't been the same. I wonder if I could get a gm to check and make sure everything is defaulted for me. I don't know how it works, but I swear, I'm so unlucky it's uncanny.

put in work orders in the bunker and get load of crap.

I get 630 615 weapons like every day. and some of the +3 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by cockaroo View Post
    Everyone says this, but is it possible for a gm or account admin to alter your drop chances or 'luck' in the system? I got in a pissing match with one this one time, and ever since then, things haven't been the same. I wonder if I could get a gm to check and make sure everything is defaulted for me. I don't know how it works, but I swear, I'm so unlucky it's uncanny.
    yes clearly blizzard hates you.

Deleted
    It's just that the loot tables are much higher in Salvage Yard 3 thus reducing the chance to get something you really want.

By design, Salvage Yard is Player item orientated and the Lumber Mill is Follower item orientated.

opened like 8 big ones today

2 sub 90 epics
    1 epic upgrade
    3 blue
    lots of green ones

and lots of green sub 90 de items
    what

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yes clearly blizzard hates you.
    Easy to make fun of someone, but is it really common knowledge that this can't be done? I'm sure there is a way to alter a player's probability. What if mine is indeed altered? It's like a kid who tells someone he is being abused, but his parents are super nice to everyone, so no one will believe him. And you laugh about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    By design, Salvage Yard is Player item orientated and the Lumber Mill is Follower item orientated.
    How again, is the lumber mill follower item oriented??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    opened like 8 big ones today

2 sub 90 epics
    1 epic upgrade
    3 blue
    lots of green ones

and lots of green sub 90 de items
    yea, i'm telling you, something is completely wrong. I've opened over 140 crates now, and getting nothing.

Easy to make fun of someone, but is it really common knowledge that this can't be done? I'm sure there is a way to alter a player's probability. What if mine is indeed altered? It's like a kid who tells someone he is being abused, but his parents are super nice to everyone, so no one will believe him. And you laugh about it.
    My butt itches, obviously my new underwear were sabotaged by the target employee who handed them to me!

See how ridiculous it sounds?

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    My butt itches, obviously my new underwear were sabotaged by the target employee who handed them to me!

See how ridiculous it sounds?
    If I want input from an 8 year old, I'll ask for it.

Not sure if you have limited awareness, but it's quite feasible for the system to be changed to alter a player's probability in game. Unless you can supply proof, why comment on something that you know nothing about? And if you do have proof, and you know you're right, then why not just come out and say it instead of rudely dismissing my concerns?

The onus of proof is on the tinfoil hatter.

Sorry, but you are paranoid.

Also, you are asking for proof of a negative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

If I want input from an 8 year old, I'll ask for it.

Not sure if you have limited awareness, but it's quite feasible for the system to be changed to alter a player's probability in game. Unless you can supply proof, why comment on something that you know nothing about? And if you do have proof, and you know you're right, then why not just come out and say it instead of rudely dismissing my concerns?
    Unless you can supply proof, why comment on something that you know nothing about?
    I'll just quote you here

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Seeing as how now one addressed it. The War Mill/Dwarven Bunker doubles QUEST item upgrades (chance for that green item to upgrade to rare/epic) and nothing else. It does not affect loot chance from salvage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minous View Post
    Seeing as how now one addressed it. The War Mill/Dwarven Bunker doubles QUEST item upgrades (chance for that green item to upgrade to rare/epic) and nothing else. It does not affect loot chance from salvage.
    the work orders from war mill can give you follower item upgrades tho, just.... not very often it seems. often times you get 1 iron horde scrap for your 20 garrison resources.

I dunno what people are talking about where crap loot will take the spot of a follower upgrade item. I've gotten SIX items from one crate. Pretty sure the loot roll for follower upgrade and player gear is separate. It's clearly RNG not favoring you.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    the work orders from war mill can give you follower item upgrades tho, just.... not very often it seems. often times you get 1 iron horde scrap for your 20 garrison resources.
    I am aware of that, but that was not the OPs question.

out of 10m subscribers, SOMEONE is bound to have worse luck than you.