Deleted

How do I set up an Astonia 3 private server?

I want to create a private server for this game. I wanted to post a link to where the source code is but it wouldn't let me. Typing 'brockhaus astonia 3 source code' into google brought it up as the first result

Thing is I don't know anything about hosting servers or computer programming or anything. Can anyone please walk me through how to set it up?

More details about what I'm trying to achieve:

So this game was the first MMO I ever played when I was 16, 11 years ago. I liked the game but it was very grindy and I later switched to better games. Thing is it was very interesting in terms of the quests and locations just a lot of grinding for equipment and exp between quests.

I don't actually want to host a server for other people, I only want to explore the game myself. I want to use the game system to adjust my level and gear as I play through the game so that I am always at a level of strength that the game is challenging but doable without any grinding, or if it's easier then just increase the exp and drop rates so I can level quickly. I only need to be able to get into the game myself and I don't want anyone else in the game. When I have played through all the quests I'll delete it. So I don't need any sort of server or anything, just to be able to run it single player on my laptop

- - - Updated - - -

There are some instructions where I downloaded it but I didn't understand. I think it assumes a certain level of technical expertise

- - - Updated - - -

bumpbumpbump

Unless you're fluent in programming, database management and the like, there's no way to walk you through it. Sandboxing an MMO server without a frontend isn't easy.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/

Working through that might help. You'll probably spend more time learning how to set the server, database etc up than you will spend playing, but it sounds like an interesting project if you want to throw yourself in at the deep end and learn some stuff.

Deleted
    Thanks I'll give it a try. Can't be harder than R lol