Brewmasters after hotfix?

So I wanna play Brewmaster but when I tried them before they where pretty spikey. I want to actually main brewmaster but my GM feels like they are still to squishy how are they at 630 compared to the other tanks?

Deleted
    Dont know how we are compared to other tanks but i have been doing pretty good after the hotfix. Its very playable at least

Brewmasters are right up there with the other tanks now - if not better. Our guards are incredible, I'm currently at 647 item level on mine and Heroics are a breeze mass pulling. I'm going Bonus Armor > Mastery stat prio for raiding. The fact that we will be staggering around 50% of any melee damage from raid bosses means we're going to be pretty stronk....imo at least!

After the buff Brewmasters are up there with Wars and Pals, and def ahead of bears and DKs. The biggest flaw BM(and to a lesser degree druids and DKs) was going to have during under geared progression was not having a reliable short CD for spike situations. The guard buff now makes those a joke. The stagger buff is going to make BMs once again the strongest tank against physical damage heading into the next tier of raiding, and it may be by an even wider margin then it was in ToT.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a nerf bat coming the way of BMs 6 months from now. 70% stagger with just shuffle up isn't out of the question in ilvl 700+ gear. They really played with fire buffing our base stagger.

Overall the Guard buff was needed, the stagger buff on the other hand was way overkill and will make BMs overpowered later, if it doesn't already.