Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoD feels like a filler expansion.

This has been discussed when wod was announced and peoples had mixed feelings about this, but i feel like wod is the first expansion i could skip without a problem, don't get me wrong, i have 2 100's now and i loved the leveling content, part of the garrison but it's just that it doesn't have any of that feeling when you know you're going to do something that's worth doing, in wotlk we had well LK, in cata we had deathwing, mop was an welcomed filler for me but wod doesn't look that way.
    what's your oppinion about this mmoc?

The two items you say were worth doing are raid bosses.. raids have not opened yet in this expansion so there is all that to come and more with patches.

Maybe, but I think you might be jumping to a conclusion if you're label this as filler already. There's plenty of content still coming that may change your mind, I hope you at least give it a chance.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I disagree. Not a filler expansion

Deleted
    Point taken, but we already know we'll be facing another hellscream, maby the mid expansion raid will be something surprising.

Deleted
    MoP felt like a filler expansion as well.

It wouldnt be a filler if the story would continue with Queen Aszhara.

that is because it is a filler expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    MoP felt like a filler expansion as well.

It wouldnt be a filler if the story would continue with Queen Aszhara.
    And i said mop was a filler expansion but it gets tiresome to get another one

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion is a filler. They each fill out more of the story. Does anyone even know what "filler expansion" is supposed to mean? I think people just throw the term out without a clue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Every expansion is a filler. They each fill out more of the story. Does anyone even know what "filler expansion" is supposed to mean? I think people just throw the term out without a clue.
    By saying that every expansion is a filler it looks like you're just throwing the term without a clue.
    And by filler i mean it doesn't follow the main storylines but rather creates new one linked to a minor event in wow.

Your signature distracts me from your actual point.

My actual response:

Wat
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    By saying that every expansion is a filler it looks like you're just throwing the term without a clue.
    And by filler i mean it doesn't follow the main storylines but rather creates new one linked to a minor event in wow.
    What minor event is WoD linked to? Seems pretty major to me. Garrosh destroyed the Vale in Pandaria, and, after being subdued by the combined might of the Alliance AND the Horde, escaped 30 years into the past where he has completely changed history (in that separate timeline). That sounds pretty major to me.

So if you think this is a "filler", aka, minor expansion, tell me how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Soooo.....24 months of a pretty long story in another continent was a filler.

I am with Darsithis on this one...care to tell us what makes "filler" expansion to you? Interupting your inevitable confrontation with the Burning Legion? then WtLK and Cata were fillers too.

Come to think of it...Cata felt like a filler xpac
    I explained this. wow has multiple main storylines, legion, titans, the aspects w/e but going back in time to do something that has already been done but in another way, yes it feels like a filler.

Compared to WoD any other expansion before it felt like a filler. Rarely have I been constantly involved in a good mixture of repetitive and new content (outside of raids) each day for the first 3 weeks. And there are still lots of things I haven't even touched. Such a great experience currently.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

There's no such thing as a filler expansion. Blizzard writes the story, not you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There's no such thing as a filler expansion. Blizzard writes the story, not you.
    True, and i never said how they should write it, just that wod is not meaningful in the big picture

10+ Year Old Account
    True, and i never said how they should write it, just that wod is not meaningful in the big picture
    But that's what I'm challenging. How isn't it? We've finally put an end to Garrosh. We've lost some of our greatest heroes (for the Alliance, Admiral Taylor). We've traveled back in time to see a rich, vibrant world full of new things to do. Wait until the raids come out and the storyline is fleshed before you say it's unimportant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay...and I explained that I think they use time travel as a chance to let us interact with iconic characters. If that makes it a filler by your definition, then...I guess it is a filler x-pac.

Now..is that like bad or are we only looking for semantics?
    No, not at all, content is content, we get stuff to kill and play the game we love it's just as i said in my reply above, that wod in the big picture doesn't really matter. obviously blizzard is going to link wod to the next expansion and then it will look like everything is flowing it's course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    But that's what I'm challenging. How isn't it? We've finally put an end to Garrosh. We've lost some of our greatest heroes (for the Alliance, Admiral Taylor). We've traveled back in time to see a rich, vibrant world full of new things to do. Wait until the raids come out and the storyline is fleshed before you say it's unimportant.
    going to put it simple, if wod never happened then it wouldn't matter. we still have to face bigger threats. and please don't say "blizz said that the biggest threat is the one we are facing".

No, not at all, content is content, we get stuff to kill and play the game we love it's just as i said in my reply above, that wod in the big picture doesn't really matter. obviously blizzard is going to link wod to the next expansion and then it will look like everything is flowing it's course.
    How exactly is what happens in WoD null and void/doesn't matter.

Did you see at all what happens throughout the questing experience? The fallout certain character deaths and even development will have on the future of the story? The characters themselves who are involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It really does feel filler, as did Mists of Pandaria and Cataclysm. The Alliance secured Orgrimmar yet gave it back to the horde... what the hey? Jaina removed the Blood Elves from Dalaran, yet they continue to remain in place... what the hey? 1.25 years of Siege of Orgrimmar and more orcs to fight in a world that was shattered decades ago, what the hey?

I realized just a few days ago that garrisons only purpose is to keep players logging in 2-3 times a day, forget that. This is World of Warcraft, not the Simpsons Tapped Out.