Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Basically, "We realized people hate spending so long going between locations so we've dramatically reduced travel time."

I like this, a lot.

Also, provided those commendation changes apply to F2P accounts as well, this bodes well for me getting motivated to level another character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Basically, "We realized people hate spending so long going between locations so we've dramatically reduced travel time."

I like this, a lot.

Also, provided those commendation changes apply to F2P accounts as well, this bodes well for me getting motivated to level another character.
    Other than the different cooldowns for quick travel and 12x for Subs, every other change affects everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Other than the different cooldowns for quick travel and 12x for Subs, every other change affects everyone.
    Bloody fantastic...and horrible at the same time. I already have too many MMO's/games I want to play right now (Rift, Neverwinter [once they fix Cloak Tower], TSW, KF2) and this will just add on yet another one ;______;

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bloody fantastic...and horrible at the same time. I already have too many MMO's/games I want to play right now (Rift, Neverwinter [once they fix Cloak Tower], TSW, KF2) and this will just add on yet another one ;______;
    You and me both. It's the proverbial double edge (<---- LOL) sword.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is SWTOR canon? Also, who owns the rights?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    No, Disney has confirmed it's not canon.

Disney holds the IP, EA has the exclusive rights to non-mobile Star Wars games for an unspecified number of years. Not sure what their agreement for SWTOR is or how that is affected, as that was done before they acquired the broader rights from Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    It's not canon, but at the same time it's not getting "overwritten" the way the EU stories are. Because it's so far in the past, it's unlikely the new movies will contradict the game.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While all EU stuff is technically non-canon, as mentioned above: unless it has some tie to the current storyline, it might as well be canon because who is going to say otherwise.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I predict this new patch will take all day and nite to download.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least those notes are a step in the right direction. I haven't played in a while but have they improved or trimmed down the number of abilities at max level. Last time I played I had like 50+ key binds it was fucking insane. Probably my biggest issue with the game. It's fun to play for level 1-30, terrible after that.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

The good thing about Star Wars is you can make it 100s if not 1000s of years before and after other stories and have it make total sense and at the same time still feel a 100% Star Wars. The basic tech, sides, races, and planets can and are all the same merely separated by vast difference of time. It is something that always stood out to me about the franchise that I really loved. So while SWTOR might not be "cannon" it still tells a pretty good Star Wars saga.

Heads up folks. 3.2 is a staggered release. The first half was released today and the 2nd half will release May 4th. I was kinda bummed because I was enjoying it up until I told to check back later.

Also do all the bonus missions before finishing the main story or miss out on the achievement mount if you don't have another max level character.

Let my sacrifice not go in vain.

edit: huh maybe I should have put this in the 3.2 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm pretty well tapped into SWTOR news these days and I have not heard that.

Going to need some link or some kind of proof of that rumor.
    Heard from this topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._are_going_to/

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I wouldn't buy into it. Even the OP in that thread was asking for proof and there is none.
    There was another thread roaming around 11 months or so ago that keeps coming up from time to time. It's a lot of wishful thinking but it also brought up a SWTOR 2 but it's was about just as bogus.

I'd love to see them get off this engine but I don't see anything that makes me believe it will.

I think time travel would be a great new expansion. Time travel is a staple of science fiction stories anyway. And it would be super to do 20 or so levels during the Battle of Yavin and its aftermath. I predict this would be an exciting tie in to the new movies as well. Have our characters and all of our gear fight in the era of the star wars movies, as a matter of a time traveling army.